UK urges 16 and under to have oral sex!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Wanderer

Kid A
sure does give new meaning to the term, "oral exam" :sexywink:

Government Urges Under-16s to Experiment with Oral Sex
By Glen Owen, Education Correspondent

A GOVERNMENT-backed course is encouraging pupils under 16 to experiment with oral sex, as part of a drive to cut rates of teenage pregnancy.

Family campaigners believe that the course, called A Pause, is having the reverse effect by exciting the sexual interest of children.

The scheme, which has been pioneered by Exeter University and is backed by the Departments of Health and Education, trains teachers to discuss various pre-sex ?stopping points? with under-age teenagers.

It aims to reduce promiscuity by encouraging pupils to discover ?levels of intimacy?, including oral sex, instead of full sexual intercourse.

More than 100,000 children are now taking the course at one in every thirty secondary schools. It forms part of efforts to tackle Britain?s teenage pregnancy rate, which is the highest in Western Europe.

Robert Whelan, director of the Family Education Trust, said he hoped that the Sexual Offences Bill, currently going through the House of Lords, would lead to the course being banned. A provision in the Bill would make it an offence for anyone to ?arrange or facilitate the commission of a child sex offence?.

He said: ?I don?t think anyone believes that teaching pupils about oral sex will stop them having full sex ? it is more likely to make them want to try it, and it doesn?t protect them from sexually transmitted diseases.?

John Rees, programme manager for A Pause, said that he was keen to teach children that ?it is acceptable simply to hold hands? and to discover different levels of intimacy.

?We make it clear that there are many ways to manage relationships ? that it doesn?t all have to be about full sex,? he said. He added that he was ?very worried? that the Bill would end the scheme.

Lynda Brine, a teacher from a Doncaster comprehensive who recently attended a training day for the course, says in today?s Times Educational Supplement that she was primed to deal with detailed questions about oral and anal sex. ?I was amazed. Are these really the sort of questions to which we as a profession should be responding?? she writes.

?There was no framework for talking about responsibility or the emotional side of relationships. By following this course, I feel that teachers are implicitly supporting under-age sexual activity.?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-585546,00.html

Who the hell thought this ingenious system up?

Sure, let them do something that feels really good, and then expect them not to go any further?

Riiiiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

I knew I loved living here for some reason or another. Take me back to my school days...

remember a couple years ago when that Clinton administor [Jocylyn Elders?] said kids should masturbate instead of having underage sex? she got fired for that. some people are a little too sensitive. so your 15-year-old masturbates to old Led Zepplin records and posters of Pam Anderson...at least he's not getting some girl knocked up.

i can say by experience, this prevents pregnacy! (however, the first 68 positions may result in actual intercourse, so don't expect this method to guarantee birth control...kind of like lesser drugs lead to the real strong ones...sugar leads to hash, leads to eightballs...freaking dancing leads to hands in wrong places, leads to unbuttoned flies...does sound like there is progress there in Great Britain :) I congratulate the Blair government on their modern thinking...:rolleyes:

:|

The US government doesn't need to encourage kids to try oral sex...the kids here are starting to do it in middle school and don't consider it to be "real sex."

Over the summer, my son told me that 13 and 14 year old kids were using the restroom at an internet cafe near my house to have oral sex. :(

If anyone would have asked me to do that at 13, I would have run away screaming.

Bono's American Wife said:
:|

The US government doesn't need to encourage kids to try oral sex...the kids here are starting to do it in middle school and don't consider it to be "real sex."

My friends mom is a principal at a middle school and this DOES to seem to be very common. A couple of years ago, an ELEVEN year old girl came into her office crying because she was afraid that she might be pregnant. :| It's sad that kids are growing up before they're ready to be grown up. :(

I just took an exam - this may not make sense

sharky said:
remember a couple years ago when that Clinton administor [Jocylyn Elders?] said kids should masturbate instead of having underage sex? she got fired for that. some people are a little too sensitive. so your 15-year-old masturbates to old Led Zepplin records and posters of Pam Anderson...at least he's not getting some girl knocked up.

I remember this - we had debated it in my American Politics class my junior year. I'll keep the conclusion we made a secret since it was rather amusing, but could be seen as offensive by some.

To what Char is talking about- oral sex seems to really have taken off. Seriously, the notion of "hey, no pregnancy" is THE selling point for it. It's basically accepted that by the time you're in college and have a boyfriend, you're going down and that's that. :mad: That horrible concept I think stems from the fact that most high school students (and yea, middle school too) don't see it as sex, and see it as more of a recreational activity versus - well a recreational activity that IS sex and DOES express committment.

Gah, this doesn't make any sense....*blames test* but seriously the idea of pushing oral sex isn't "bad" per se, but pushing it to kids under 16?! That's hideous. In my high school when we were 15 and 16 we had health class telling us that sex (get this) GETS YOU PREGNANT and that without birth control (they urged both the pill and a condom) you (get this) WILL GET PREGNANT. Yes, brilliant teachers telling the obvious. But then they showed us graphic pictures of stds and had girls who had to drop out of high school cos they got pregnant come in and tell us their lives weren't horrible, but that they had no chance to live, they work at the mcdonald's they're not going to college till they get their GEDs they live with their parents etc.

meegannie said:

A couple of years ago, an ELEVEN year old girl came into her office crying because she was afraid that she might be pregnant. :| It's sad that kids are growing up before they're ready to be grown up. :(

sorry, i don't feel sorry for the kid.... they may not deserve it but i'm not going to pity them and say "aw, poor baby"; they did it and they must live w/ it:|

you make mistakes and learn to live w/ them...

Last edited:
drifter said:

sorry, i don't feel sorry for the kid.... they may not deserve it but i'm not going to pity them and say "aw, poor baby"; they did it and they must live w/ it:|

That's pretty harsh.

What kind of judgement did you have at 11 years old?

drifter said:

a baby is never a mistake no matter the amount of planning. you can stand there and say "she's responsible enough to have sex, she's responsible enough to have a baby." and you could never be more wrong.

girls who are having sex at this age really have some emotional problems and can't mature. it's not them, they do need help, and not someone saying "deal with it"

Whether you support or disagree with Bill Clinton's presidency, also remember the fact that his relationship with Monica was deemed by him not to be a sexual relationship because it was only oral sex. Having that story in the media for over a year had an affect on kids in this country.

Remember the decline in votes among young people after Watergate. The president does alot more than just make political policy.

these type of problems have no real solutions, this BS is just there to make people feel like something is being done. just like the "the war on drugs/terrorism/(insert something here)".

i personally think more people should get better at giving head :D.

i guess i just don't have much sympathy for things like this:|

one thing..... why the hell is it always "oh poor little girl; she is in an emotional up-hevel" or whatever but if it were a boy it would have been "that horney little bastard"
i guess it just annoys me that chicks are always the innocent ones (oh yeah, one thing; i am a chick myself)

true she is young, but.....

Last edited:
drifter said:

one thing..... why the hell is it always "oh poor little girl; she is in an emotional up-hevel" or whatever but if it were a boy it would have been "that horney little bastard"
i guess it just annoys me that chicks are always the innocent ones (oh yeah, one thing; i am a chick myself)

true she is young, but.....

No one here implied anything like that.

drifter said:

i guess it just annoys me that chicks are always the innocent ones

Well, have you ever noticed how when a young girl gets pregnant, people make comments like "she's got herself pregnant" - now I'm not a biologist, but I'm fairly sure it takes both a guy and a girl, so it's quite ridiculous to imply that it's only the girl's fault.

Back
Top Bottom