Tsunami Concert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
not quite certain where to post this but considering it a relief effort FYM sems appropriate i guess.

I didnt even realise this concert had been cofirmed but apparently it has.
tickets available now from ticketmaster.co.uk at £15 GA (all seats sold out already)

headliners include Manic Street Preachers, Snow Patrol, Embrace, Badly Drawn Boy , Eric Clapton, Lemar, Jools Holland, Feeder, Katherine Jenkins, and Aled Jones so far... (more to come apparently!)
still one group i'd really like to see added to that list :D

so anyone going?

I'm going to a different Tsunami relief concert on January 29th in Vancouver. Sarah Mclachlan, Barenaked Ladies, Avril Lavigne, Chantal Kreviazuk & Raine Maida and Delirium will be performing. It's sold out too.

And tonight the CBC (in Canada) is airing a benefit concert with Tom Cochrane and others to raise money.

i was cooking dinner, and only heard the commercial, but on MSNBC they were advertising a Tsunami concert that was going to be broadcast on NBC this weekend. the music for the promo spot was SYCMIOYO -- in addition to being groaningly obvious (vocals they used were "you don't have to go it alone"), it seems like a good indication that The Greatest Band Ever Bar None would be there.

i mean really: they are the go-to band for global catastrophe. while Bruce might be the man in a specifically American context, who else could headline a global relief concert?

no one, that's who. no one even comes close.

Back
Top Bottom