Try This!!! U2 as you have never heard them!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I read the following in a discussion forum for another band, but I tried it with 2 U2 songs - Kite and When I Look At The World, and achieved very strange results.

You should be able to do it with any sound processing software so long as it allows you to "import" tracks from CD, invert the phase of one stereo channel (left or right) and then combine the two into mono. There may be some free or shareware packages out there.

1. import track into whatever format your software uses (my software converts it to "wav format" requiring about 40 Mbytes of hard disk per track!!)
2. Select left or right stereo channel and use the invert function. (180 degree phase shift would do the same thing.)
3. Combine the channels by converting to mono.

Some software may have a differencing function (left-right). As far as I can see this would do steps 2 and 3 together.

You will need plenty of computer memory to do this - the processing requirements are huge.

If anyone else wants to try it, please post what U2 songs you tried, and the results.

Kite - Removed Bono's vocals almost completely.

When I Look - Silenced Bono's vocals to a lesser extent but almost completely removed everything except guitars and tambourine and cymbals.

Back
Top Bottom