Trump Part VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like Johnson himself said that republicans who are sick of Donald can vote for him. he didnt mention democrats who are sick of Hillary.

Sad that the Lib Dems are on life support in the UK. I would be one if I were British.

Maybe their fate would be brighter if they hadn't entered government with the Tories. Hard to respect that unless you're a Tory yourself.

Maybe their fate would be brighter if they hadn't entered government with the Tories. Hard to respect that unless you're a Tory yourself.

Where you and I will inevitably disagree - I had no real issue with the Cameron government, nor Nick Clegg's part in it, until the Tories won a majority outright by means of selling out to the far-right.

Last edited:
So I see mr turnip is trigger happy!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-naval-ships-head-toward-korean-peninsula-official-020546735.html

While I understand that something needs to be done about North Korea, something tells me that the strike on Syria and potential strikes on NK are more used as a distraction of turnip's legal problems. I think he is just all for show and nothing else. Whatever it takes to distract the public of the fact that he is a dbag! And what better distraction than start potential wars with China and Russia?

We need more evidence that it isn't just a Chinese hoax.

Five tiny Pacific islands have disappeared due to rising seas and erosion

[...]

The submerged islands were part of the Solomon Islands, an archipelago that over the last two decades has seen annual sea levels rise as much as 10mm (0.4in) according to research published in the May issue of the online journal Environmental Research Letters.

[...]

The study is the first that scientifically “confirms the numerous anecdotal accounts from across the Pacific of the dramatic impacts of climate change on coastlines and people,” the researchers wrote in a separate commentary on an academic website.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...cific-islands-lost-rising-seas-climate-change

Both the Turnbull and the Trump administration need to pay more attention to this kind of research.

As much as I'd love to rehash the election for the zillionth time, it appears there is a civil war going on in the administration. The white nationalists are angry about Syria and calling for Kushner to be fired. Check out the #FireKushner topic to see the anti-Semitism at work. The establishment are trending #FireBannon. Frankly I'm team #Firethemall.
What did the mall ever do to you? :sad:

Donald Trump’s daughter persuaded him to strike targets in Syria, according to reports of a diplomatic memo.

A cable briefing to Theresa May and Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson by Britain’s ambassador to Washington Sir Kim Darroch said Ms Trump was influential in bringing about the bombings, those who saw the memo said.

It claimed Mr Trump was “genuinely shaken” by pictures of more than 80 who died in a Sarin nerve gas attack that were broadcast on cable television, according to The Sunday Times.

Sources who read the message said the first daughter's position on the atrocity was a “significant influence in the Oval Office”. Ministers were told it meant the administration’s reaction was “stronger than expected”.

Sir Kim reportedly pointed to a tweet sent by Ms Trump in which she announced she was “heartbroken and outraged by the images coming out of Syria following the atrocious chemical attack”.

Marking a striking U-turn from the anti-interventionist stance Mr Trump took during his campaign, on Friday he ordered the firing of 59 cruise missiles at a military target in the war-torn country.

Reports said the barrage of Tomahawk missiles, fired from two US Navy vessels located in the Mediterranean Sea, targeted Al Shayrat air base in the central city of Homs, from which Syrian aircraft staged Tuesday’s chemical weapons attack.

... the fuck.

I reckon this is a bit simplistic, the 'left' isn't this one mass, many of us ('us' as in those of a similar political persuasion) do not share the same goals as you/the Democrats and we never will. For the same reason, we oppose(d) Clinton not because we deem her 'imperfect' or whatever, but because we're against her full stop. There is an important distinction to be made here. This would be on much the same plane as me opposing Malcolm Turnbull in Australia.

Thank you for clearly demonstrating my point.
Why would anyone on the left be against Clinton "full stop" when her policies lined up with about 90% of what the majority of the left stands for?
Add to that - she had a far, FAR stronger history of actually working to help people and push progressive values in and out of politics than Sanders.

And that's the WHOLE POINT!! Throwing away an eminently qualified candidate that lines up in almost every way for you, but because of a few stances you don't like, you end up ushering in freaking Donald TRUMP!

So anyone who was against Clinton "full stop" needs to explain how Trump or Jill Stein (LMFAO :lol::lol::lol: ) would have made a better president.

Also thank you for stating one of the most asinine schools of thought that brewed up this past election cycle. That there suddenly was this self-proclaimed group of "true progressives" and that fancied themselves having a completely different set of beliefs than those of us that are life-long liberals. In reality, our views line up about 90%. It was a ridiculous, immature tantrum of "us against the 'establishment'" bullshit, that most of us grow out of, fed by a social media construct that fed it in heaps to the tormented young, white privileged masses.

Last edited:
It's a tough argument, and it's worth having even though it seems we go around in circles.

I wonder if mandatory voting would have changed the outcome?

What would the cons be against mandatory voting? Australia does it correct?

He then tried to clarify it by saying Hitler didn't use chemical weapons "on his own people", essentially eliminating German Jews and others from history.

The Jews were sent to "Holocaust centers".

How does he still have a job?

1*5ITbq89YkBXO9CiaWk5g7Q.jpeg

these fucking people. honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom