Trump Part VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The past year was a rough one for American Muslims, who’ve shared one story after another of hearing slurs at the grocery store, watching their mosques burn, and learning taekwondo to fend off attackers.

Such experiences, dismissed by anti-Muslim pundits as exaggerated, are backed up by poll results released Tuesday that show a community that’s effectively felt under siege since the rise and election of President Donald Trump.

The majority of American Muslims — 60%— reported some level of religious discrimination in the past year. Muslim kids were twice as likely to report school bullying than Jewish students, and four times likelier than the general population. And some Muslims, who felt higher levels of anxiety than any other demographic about the election results, are so fearful that a fifth of them are making plans to leave the country “if it becomes necessary.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahallam/many-muslims-feel-so-discriminated-against-theyre-making

guy is knee deep in russian activity, has been for years, and denies it every second. why? duh.

the man was a nobody in the US. a laughing stock. bankrupt and unable to secure loans from any american banks over how terrible a businessman he was.

all of his financing came from overseas. all of it. mostly from russians.

Hey guys. It's totally OK that Trump has golfed EVERY weekend because unlike Obama, he actually gets work done on the golf course.

Seriously. This was a thing that Spicer said today, I'm assuming to distract from RUSSIA and the flaming bag of poo that is the health care bill.

[TWEET]844172109131735040[/TWEET]

Hmmmm.... maybe this is why all of a sudden the Tiny Hands Administration are trying to downplay Manafort's role as CAMPAIGN MANAGER.

President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, secretly worked for a Russian billionaire to advance the interests of Russian President Vladimir Putin a decade ago and proposed an ambitious political strategy to undermine anti-Russian opposition across former Soviet republics, The Associated Press has learned. The work appears to contradict assertions by the Trump administration and Manafort himself that he never worked for Russian interests.

AP Report on Manafort and Putin. BFF

c595586b491836bb2135fb603c2f4e5997ce0e2f8e41c30a81af650f568eaff8.jpg

[tweet]843810251786895360[/tweet]

The Dems have no power. They literally can do nothing. Even with the SC Justice hearings, it's all show as GOP have the numbers to vote him in now.

Dems had their chance back in 2008/2009 and dropped the ball.

And for Trump to resign. No fucking chance.

I just don't think that he has the temperament to resign. It would be a massive admission of failure for a man with an elephantine ego and a narcissistic personality.

I do believe, however, that he hates the job and hates his life (aside from his weekends golfing) and that he won't pursue a 2nd term. I know that he's already registered and is doing campaign rallies but I think those things are just excuses to fundraise and go speak to large adoring crowds of dingbats. What I see happening is him saying that he came to Washington to drain the swamp, that he has done so bigly and that he won't pursue a 2nd term because he doesn't want to become a Washington insider, blah blah. This will allow him to prevent the embarrassment of defeat and would also allow him to go back to his life of making money off idiots. He can launch his Trump TV or whatever and profit off the deplorables but get his ass out of Washington which he hates.

I saw the reporting on this last week, but Maddow delved into it last night. Eastern European bots, bloggers, website creators that targeted Bernie supporters with mountains of fake negative stories on Clinton.

I don't like people that voted for Trump, but Berniebots that were brainwashed by this shit absolutely infuriate me. Pres Trump lays squarely at their feet.

I jumped from the Bernie ship before the NY primary because the shift of Bernie supporters from pro-Bernie to rabidly anti-Hillary disgusted me so much. And now we see how these holier than thou Berners, who always claimed to be the truth-knowers and truth-tellers were bamboozled on a scale equivalent to all the right-wingers lapping up everything Breitbart and Alex Jones spew out.

Sadly, you know that Bernie fans that were watching her reporting were like - no way! You're a corporate shill!! A neo-liberal! Oligarch!!!! :|

I think it's a bit of a cop out to blame them with such vitriol. Maybe a lot of them didn't vote, maybe some voted for third parties, but I really doubt many voted for Trump. Even if you want to say that they indirectly helped elect him, that to me deflects blame from the truly ignorant, mean spirited, hateful, whatever you want to call them 37% of the people who still support Trump today. That is the true bottom of the barrel.

I think it's a bit of a cop out to blame them with such vitriol. Maybe a lot of them didn't vote, maybe some voted for third parties, but I really doubt many voted for Trump. Even if you want to say that they indirectly helped elect him, that to me deflects blame from the truly ignorant, mean spirited, hateful, whatever you want to call them 37% of the people who still support Trump today. That is the true bottom of the barrel.

But your response just laid out the reasoning. Not voting, or voting 3rd party was what delivered the win to Trump. He won by 80,000 votes over 3 states. A fraction of who voted for Stein, and a tiny fraction of who voted for Stein and Johnson.
My frustration with that group, is that I just expected so much more of them. They were this big hopeful friendly group that I was a part of at the beginning. They aren't the ones you right off as lost causes. Reason should have compelled them to support Clinton in the end. But a complete lack of reason is what i found in the final months of the primary and throughout the general.

Yes, most of the blame goes to Russia, Wikileaks, Comey and Clinton herself. But I had good friends, that just turned in front of my eyes into hate-spewing, neverhillary people that you couldn't even have a rational conversation with. Disappointing, and now fairly frightening as to where we are left.

I've backed off a lot of my initial blame of BernieBros. Most of them were here in Cali, and this state was never in danger of going Red.

I believe the main reasons Clinton lost were:

Dems unable to talk about the big picture topics
Economy - Jobs - Inequality
Islamic Terrorism
Ignoring WI, MN, IA, MI in campaigning
Clinton Brand
Sexism

Trump did a great job of pushing his generic message of MAGA, and making all the promises in the world, even if they know it's not going to happen, they seemed happy that someone at least talked about it.

Instead Dems/Libtards have the perception that they only care about bathrooms, safe spaces, not offending Muslims after a terrorist attack, protecting illegals, etc etc

My opinion is the Dems were only going to win with another Obama.

i agree, in a nation primed for advertising slogans and one-second attention spans, something universal like "make america great again" is far more effective and likely to stick than the individualist "i'm with her". the "basket of deplorables" was also a terrible idea and guaranteed to be a soundbite used against her, and it was used very effectively by the trump campaign and his supporters to present her as elitist. nobody was going to rally behind a candidate because she said her opponent's supporters were scum. the clinton campaign did an awful job of branding, and a more astute and skilled politician than trump would have likely buried her several times over for it.

i really don't think the relatively small number of "bernie or bust" people who *actually* followed through on that on election day shoulder much if any of the blame. i suspect the vast majority of those diehards probably live in blue states anyways where it didn't make a difference. those numbers should have been more than made up for easily elsewhere by even token campaigning in the rust belt states where she lost by those tiny margins.

i also agree that i'm feeling less now like "it's hers to lose" as i did during the campaign (at least till the comey letter came out - still convinced he's the 21st century gavrilo princip if shit really hits the fan in the near future). we all obviously underestimated the backlash against progressivism that was bubbling under the surface. a horribly run campaign gave room for someone like trump to come in and exploit that. except for maybe marco rubio she probably would have beaten any of the other clowns that ran for the GOP nomination, but if say, paul ryan had run, i think his margin would have been at least as good as trump's.

i also think obama would have won in a landslide against pretty much anyone the GOP would put up. same with biden, i think he would have won easily too. sadly the timing didn't work out for him personally.

Last edited:
i agree, in a nation primed for advertising slogans and one-second attention spans, something universal like "make america great again" is far more effective and likely to stick than the individualist "i'm with her". the "basket of deplorables" was also a terrible idea and guaranteed to be a soundbite used against her, and it was used very effectively by the trump campaign and his supporters to present her as elitist. nobody was going to rally behind a candidate because she said her opponent's supporters were scum. the clinton campaign did an awful job of branding, and a more astute and skilled politician than trump would have likely buried her several times over for it.

i really don't think the relatively small number of "bernie or bust" people who *actually* followed through on that on election day shoulder much if any of the blame. i suspect the vast majority of those diehards probably live in blue states anyways where it didn't make a difference. those numbers should have been more than made up for easily elsewhere by even token campaigning in the rust belt states where she lost by those tiny margins.

i also agree that i'm feeling less now like "it's hers to lose" as i did during the campaign (at least till the comey letter came out - still convinced he's the 21st century gavrilo princip if shit really hits the fan in the near future). we all obviously underestimated the backlash against progressivism that was bubbling under the surface. a horribly run campaign gave room for someone like trump to come in and exploit that. except for maybe marco rubio she probably would have beaten any of the other clowns that ran for the GOP nomination, but if say, paul ryan had run, i think his margin would have been at least as good as trump's.

i also think obama would have won in a landslide against pretty much anyone the GOP would put up. same with biden, i think he would have won easily too. sadly the timing didn't work out for him personally.

Yes. I always say that Clinton would have made a really good president. On paper she was an amazing candidate. But she was/is a horrible politician/campaigner.
If you look back at her history, it's really stunning all she did in her younger years for minorities, women, children, the less fortunate. But she would just talk about the Childrens Insurance Program. You just had to shake your head. She got outsold. And Americans are nothing if not suckers for a smooth salesperson.

The point of my first post is my fear for the future. I can see a solid Democratic candidate running for Pres next time, and the now self-proclaimed "true progressives" will find a couple of bad votes in their past, or god forbid they actually did some fundraisers with corporate sponsors, and they will be labeled shills, oligarchs and neo-liberals and the cycle of self defeat will continue.
I hope that isn't the case.

I've backed off a lot of my initial blame of BernieBros. Most of them were here in Cali, and this state was never in danger of going Red.

I believe the main reasons Clinton lost were:

Dems unable to talk about the big picture topics
Economy - Jobs - Inequality
Islamic Terrorism
Ignoring WI, MN, IA, MI in campaigning
Clinton Brand
Sexism

Trump did a great job of pushing his generic message of MAGA, and making all the promises in the world, even if they know it's not going to happen, they seemed happy that someone at least talked about it.

Instead Dems/Libtards have the perception that they only care about bathrooms, safe spaces, not offending Muslims after a terrorist attack, protecting illegals, etc etc

My opinion is the Dems were only going to win with another Obama.

I agree with a couple of your bullet points. Especially on economy and jobs. Clinton did such a poor job connecting about that.
A candidate like Biden would have been all over that. And could you imagine if a candidate would have taken a group of people that had gotten screwed over by Trump on the trail with them, and had them all speak at rallies about their personal experience getting shafted by Don the Con? It would have been right to the heart of what Americans were looking for. Democrats should be explaining how we are sticking up for the working people, and Clinton never could get that across effectively.

Biden was also more likely to say something stupid which may have made him more endearing

Clinton has been shit on her whole career. She is a introverted nerd who just wasn't the best in the spotlight

I bet behind closed doors she was very engaging and probably quite charming

Two traits we never saw

I bet behind closed doors she was very engaging and probably quite charming

this i've heard from several people, at least once she got out of the White House. she was not a terribly happy first lady.

i doubt many of them are.

She's gone from a activist of women's rights, cookie cutter wife, horrible policy maker, enabler of adultery, shrill for big business, war monger, corrupt, murderer, and unpleasant to look at

I would like to see any male politician go through what she has had to endure her career. That's not to say she hasn't made mistakes, or that her voting record, policies, or anything else is above scrutiny. It's just so much of what was thrown at her was complete dog shit.

She kept trying. And she lost. To Donald Trump :|

it also took collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, as well as the FBI and an antiquated voting system, to make her lose an election she won by 3m votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom