Trump Part VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait for the shocking reveal that he donated a bag of clothes to Goodwill and claimed zero dependents.

so it turns out they revealed that trump did indeed pay taxes and the way the whole thing was presented made msnbc look foolish and unethical. these morons handed trump a free win and now he can ignore the tax returns issue forever. well done.

Watergate wasn't a big giant reveal. Journalism is slow and boring. Here's hoping that pile of shit keeps building until it falls onto Trump.

It was clearly the year that showed him off the best. He paid *some* taxes, not enough but not a crazy low number that would fuel a lot of anti-rich fervor (not that the Dems would know what to do with it anyway). He also made a couple big deals and was on The Apprentice so he had a good amount of income.

The story here should have been that Trump is okay with leaking his taxes if they look good, but still wants to hide the other ones. And they kind of mentioned that ... among like 45 minutes of other stuff they threw at the wall. Instead it was ... I'm not even sure how to describe Maddow's show last night.

It was clearly the year that showed him off the best. He paid *some* taxes, not enough but not a crazy low number that would fuel a lot of anti-rich fervor (not that the Dems would know what to do with it anyway). He also made a couple big deals and was on The Apprentice so he had a good amount of income.

The story here should have been that Trump is okay with leaking his taxes if they look good, but still wants to hide the other ones. And they kind of mentioned that ... among like 45 minutes of other stuff they threw at the wall. Instead it was ... I'm not even sure how to describe Maddow's show last night.

I'd say "unprepared" was the best way to describe it. It appeared that they got some information and didn't truly take a step back and think about what their strategy would be. They could have easiliy led in with "Trump is cherry picking. Where are the last 10 years?" then it could have ignited more anger. Instead, as many have said, Trump comes out looking like the victim of the liberal media today.

Like you and many said, horrible job by MSNBC.

I say they knew that it was a bust and used it to get people to tune in, then laid out exactly where more tax returns could be found and how to leak them.

so it turns out they revealed that trump did indeed pay taxes and the way the whole thing was presented made msnbc look foolish and unethical. these morons handed trump a free win and now he can ignore the tax returns issue forever. well done.
I'm so pissed with her and them for caring more about ratings than the big picture. This was one Giant GOTCHA for Trump supporters. It was click bait and all its done now is given people the ability to say, "see?! Nothing there!"
I say they knew that it was a bust and used it to get people to tune in, then laid out exactly where more tax returns could be found and how to leak them.
I absolutely believe they did it solely for the ratings. It was such a pathetic display that I almost wish I were an avid viewer of MSNBC just so I could bitterly stop watching them.

This was an obvious leak by Trump. I mean, the one return that shows he paid 24% in taxes, with absolutely no information on where any of his money came from, the day before Russian hearings start. LOL. How convenient.
I was at least heartened by the fact that this was sort of rejected by liberals for the most part and reminded each other not to be distracted by whats going on right now. His games have grown transparent and basic.
If he thinks this is going to distract from Russia and healthcare and wiretap lies, he's sadly mistaken.

It's one thing that it's obvious that he's leaking this, but as Headache says, does the media have to take the bait every time? With every leak, every inconsequential Tweet meant to distract us, they just deliver themselves to him on a silver platter.

I mean would you not cover this though? Even though you knew it was a intentional leak?we need to watch tonight to see what elese happens

It's one thing that it's obvious that he's leaking this, but as Headache says, does the media have to take the bait every time? With every leak, every inconsequential Tweet meant to distract us, they just deliver themselves to him on a silver platter.

Well, i would watch again tonight and see. i mean, i would have rather she said here's the tax return, and lets talk about why this was sent on this day, and how little info is given, and turn the story on itself, into a bigger story of a "President" that is actually planning distractions from the big issues at hand.
I mean, i think he even threw out that Snoop Dogg thing as another distraction.
It's pathetic and I think Rachel would do well to take that angle.

But again, if you're a news person and you got it, it's gonna get reported. Doesn't mean you don't go back to the real issues tonight.

her dramatic build up too... it's almost as if she actually didn't know what was on the documents until she saw them on air.

after a lot of thought, and watching last night and thinking "land the plane, Maddow, land the plane ..." i think this was the strategy.

there's the cold hard reality of ratings. i'm sure her numbers will be huge (we don't know what they are because Neilson suffered a power outage over the weekend). there's no getting around that all ad-based television is about ratings. this is why PBS and NPR are so vital.

second, i'm sure she knew there was no smoking gun or jaw dropping revelation. we're too conditioned to reality to TV not to expect something like that, but i had my suspicions even when she tweeted about it earlier in the day. the facts are going to come out piecemeal, and it's going to take months of real journalism and wide-angle lenses and laboriously constructed timelines to put this all together

third, of course it's a Trump leak. of course it's likely his most successful year since the 1980s. of course it's meant to distract from Russia and microwaves and the fact that, no, Obama did not wiretap you, you lying fucking monster.

but what did Maddow do? she knew her audience would be large and include Trump supporters, so she did what she's been doing very well for weeks now: lay out all the Russian connections, which they don't get on Fox News. plus, her move forced WH to release taxes for that year proving there is no "audit" prohibiting them from releasing more.

i wish we got more, and it's obvious Trump won the evening, so to speak, but this is a step. and the more people watching Maddow the better.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/...prod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share

after a lot of thought, and watching last night and thinking "land the plane, Maddow, land the plane ..." i think this was the strategy.

there's the cold hard reality of ratings. i'm sure her numbers will be huge (we don't know what they are because Neilson suffered a power outage over the weekend). there's no getting around that all ad-based television is about ratings. this is why PBS and NPR are so vital.

second, i'm sure she knew there was no smoking gun or jaw dropping revelation. we're too conditioned to reality to TV not to expect something like that, but i had my suspicions even when she tweeted about it earlier in the day. the facts are going to come out piecemeal, and it's going to take months of real journalism and wide-angle lenses and laboriously constructed timelines to put this all together

third, of course it's a Trump leak. of course it's likely his most successful year since the 1980s. of course it's meant to distract from Russia and microwaves and the fact that, no, Obama did not wiretap you, you lying fucking monster.

but what did Maddow do? she knew her audience would be large and include Trump supporters, so she did what she's been doing very well for weeks now: lay out all the Russian connections, which they don't get on Fox News. plus, her move forced WH to release taxes for that year proving there is no "audit" prohibiting them from releasing more.

i wish we got more, and it's obvious Trump won the evening, so to speak, but this is a step. and the more people watching Maddow the better.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/...prod=nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share
Cagey if true.

I actually know one of her lead writers and producers. We play basketball together on the weekends. Might have to do some digging.

I can't imagine NBC was happy with her breaking her not so breaking news right at the start of the This Is Us season finale though : tsk:

I can't imagine NBC was happy with her breaking her not so breaking news right at the start of the This Is Us season finale though : tsk:

:hmm:

it might have been better if she'd just cut right to the chase and explained how she was feeling by delivering a dense, emphatic, verbose monologue filled with metaphors, and with a acoustic coffee house pop track playing in the background and plenty of reaction shots from Chris Hayes that will lead us through the intended emotional journey.

sad-this-is-us-1-slide-one.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom