Trump Part VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems the page has been removed or renamed. Getting a 404 response.

If you can stomach it, the AP put out the transcript of their interview with the person with the most curious grammar on earth: https://apnews.com/c810d7de280a47e88848b0ac74690c83

I don't know why people keep saying Trump is anti-science
He is the best president we have had in a long time on the subject of "chemistry ".

Last edited:
Donald J. Trump‏
@realDonaldTrump

Canada has made business for our dairy farmers in Wisconsin and other border states very difficult. We will not stand for this. Watch!

facepalm-ernie.jpg

LOL. I'm FROM Wisconsin, and I often forget it doesn't border Canada. Stupid Minnesota, getting in the way.

We have a ridiculous supply system in place here which leaves Canadian consumers paying very high prices for milk, eggs and chicken.

The funny thing is that Trump is railing against newly imposed tariffs when that's exactly what he wants to do on imports.

Canada has taken advantage of the USA for long enough! It has to stop or they'll get the MOAB!

We had the same choice here and look what happened

it's been really interesting seeing people's reactions unfold since Sunday - there have been some instant knee-jerk reactions among left-wing Melenchon supporters who immediately said they would abstain/do a blank vote in the 2nd round because they refused to support Macron against Le Pen - but i'm seeing more and more Melenchon supporters trying to rally others not to abstain and to look at the bigger picture and vote against Le Pen, to think of the impact of President Le Pen on their immigrant friends, LGBT friends, so many vulnerable people who would face discrimination, whose lives would be immediately put on hold (mine and my family's included lol as she would instantly suspend even legal immigration) - both her and Macron are part of the "system" they hate, but she would bring so much more added pain and damage...

so, it's been really interesting reading thru the discussions, really thoughtful, incredibly heartening as the days go by - it's a good idea to have 2 weeks in between rounds - a cooling off period, to let emotions settle and allow people to think things thru carefully and vote responsibly...

heartened by my friends too, saw another good friend this morning - we drove by each other in our cars and both screeched to a stop on a country lane and got out and ran to give each other the "bise" and a hug and talk - her family are huge Melenchon supporters and were devastated but are going to fight Le Pen by voting against her even though they can't stand Macron - really cheered me up and gave me hope...

Melenchon hasn't publicly called on his voters to back Macron - he is the only major party not to, but he has made it clear a vote for Le Pen is out of the question, that the very suggestion is insulting as she is the antithesis of everything his party stands for, and he said his supporters should vote "politically" not "personally" but it is up to them to decide individually whether they will support Macron or just abstain/do a blank vote, so seeing a whole load of debates unfolding among Melenchon supporters online... it's definitely not a done deal - there is always an unknown risk, but fingers crossed...

i read a really good article by Hadley Freeman in The Guardian yesterday - i thought she summed it up well at the end:

A week before the US election David Sedaris wrote about undecided American voters, and he compared them to passengers on a plane being presented with their meal options: “‘Can I interest you in the chicken?’ [the flight attendant] asks. ‘Or would you prefer the platter of shit with bits of broken glass in it?’ To be undecided in this election is to pause for a moment and then ask how the chicken is cooked.”

Those are the options in this election now, and they are options everyone who remembers the US election will have seen on the menu before. When an election comes down to a binary choice you are not just voting for someone but against someone else, and when you start carping about the chicken, you are validating the shit. Get over yourself. Eat the chicken.

for those who would say "ahh but i'm a vegetarian, i want neither", i would say, think of those whose wellbeing and lives depend on the chicken, vote responsibly and don't waste your fucking food

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...aust-revisionist-macron-left?CMP=share_btn_fb

Last edited:
So I wonder what the hub-bub will be about regarding North Korea today? Will Trump show for the meeting or won't he? Dude is running everything like a well oiled Reality Show. Except this is reality.

Huuuuuuuge Tax Cut being proposed today. Like we haven't seen this song and dance before.

And those pesky Judges of the 9th Circuit. Imagine the winning if Trump could just do what he wants?

Hey guys, that Flynn issue? Thanks Obama for not vetting him properly!!!

Sounds like the North Korea was a disorganized dog and pony show.

And Ivanka has set up a foundation that accepts donations from foreign governments.

Cool.

It's like they are such blatant idiots we don't have laws to cover the idiocy because no one has ever anticipated people this dumb running the country

Without a doubt the White House are up to their necks in Russian collaboration. Why hold back Flynn documents unless they're hiding something? It absolutely stinks!

Without a doubt the White House are up to their necks in Russian collaboration. Why hold back Flynn documents unless they're hiding something? It absolutely stinks!
Every day I hope for breaking news FBI enters White House with hand cuffs takes entire Trump Administration down

Withholding the Flynn documents they could easily obtain speaks volumes.
It's becoming blatantly obvious its treason. Page is totally and utterly lying here..
https://youtu.be/-L8tvnwjFv0
What if they never had him fill them out? What if they were just winging it?

I don't discount that they're in Russia's pocket. I also don't discount that certain elements were able to infiltrate the campaign out of their sheer and utter incompetence.

Could the state department be decimated right now out of some quid pro quo with Russia? Yea. Could it be simply that Donald Trump and his entire faimly are incompetent assholes who are terrible at what they do? Yea, that's entirely possible as well.

I'm capable of believing that the Trump organization is treasonous, and/or have been so dependant upon Russian money to save them room bankruptcy that they left themselves open to infiltration and blackmail.

I'm also capable of believing that the Trump organization is simply incredibly stupid.

I'm not sure which I believe more. But hey, thanks again Trump voters.

I need someone besides Depeche Mode to write a protest song I can rock out too. I like the DM song but I need something more Bullet the Blue Sky ish....

It's insanity and I need to know I'm not the only one who just can't believe what happening here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom