Trump Part VIII - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2017, 10:23 PM   #441
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Perhaps we could have just given Assad a Pepsi.

(Seriously, wtf was with that commercial?)

Old 04-06-2017, 10:39 PM   #442
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:28 PM
I'm really torn about how I feel about what's happening right now. I feel like no matter who was president, this would've happened with the way things are right now. IDK. I don't like the idea of this administration doing anything war-related, though, of course.

Old 04-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #443
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
So now supporting a 'no fly zone' is war?
That's not all she is saying there, but who cares.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:22 PM   #444
Blue Crack Distributor

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ack/100153944/

As someone on Reddit said, "Twitter is like that girlfriend that remembers every fucking thing you ever said during an argument and has it loaded and ready to throw it in your face as soon as you forget to take out the trash."
Old 04-06-2017, 11:23 PM   #445
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I agree it's not all she's saying, but you only quoting the headline was just as misleading.

She clearly was advocating to go on at least some sort of offensive, but she wasn't asking for war either.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:26 PM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

Anyone who thinks bombing an airfield wraps this up nice and tidy is either lying or very misguided, whether you're talking about Trump and his supporters or Clinton and her supporters.

This is only the beginning of this, and she knows that.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:31 PM   #447
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:28 PM
Quote:
I expect SO much more from you. Why are you caving into this??!!

This is what is so disheartening...
Old 04-06-2017, 11:35 PM   #448
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I expect SO much more from you. Why are you caving into this??!!

This is what is so disheartening...
What the fuck are you talking about?
Old 04-06-2017, 11:42 PM   #449
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Anyone who thinks bombing an airfield wraps this up nice and tidy is either lying or very misguided, whether you're talking about Trump and his supporters or Clinton and her supporters.

Well she doesn't seem to think that either, but again, WHY are we still talking about Hillary Clinton?
Old 04-06-2017, 11:44 PM   #450
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
What the fuck are you talking about?
Look at your anger. Why? Seriously, Why are you buying into this?

Without your normal bs and vitriol, how would you have the ideal politician react to this?
Old 04-07-2017, 12:28 AM   #451
Blue Crack Supplier

My cynical assessment is we won't even be talking about this in a week. It's a distraction, it's a chance to harness understandable outrage at a monstrous act for political gain, and it's a way to say "I'm not Putin's plant, see?"

My guess is there will be no follow through, unless Fox & Friends talks about it, because Trump is an old white man who believes what the TV tells him.
Old 04-07-2017, 01:22 AM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Well she doesn't seem to think that either, but again, WHY are we still talking about Hillary Clinton?
Well, because she's put her opinion into the ring - it's always going to be a talking point.
Old 04-07-2017, 02:18 AM   #453
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i've been fairly confident since this user joined that we'll find out who they are once the next big gun control debate starts up in FYM.
I'm trying to decide which one of you is funnier. Dang if its a toss up.

Old 04-07-2017, 08:15 AM   #454
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:28 PM
Trump Part VIII

Quote:

So your answer is to do nothing? Is it morally acceptable to do nothing ?

I don't want to go to war. I don't like the West intervening, and I sure as hell don't want Trump making decisions.

But what options do we have? Will UN sanctions work? Do we ask Assad nicely to please stop using chemical weapons?

I can understand the outrage of what's going on. Do you feel like by not getting involved (America First right?), that the Middle East will just clean itself up once enough people have been killed.

This isn't a easy solution. The Middle East has been fucked up for a long time. War in that region is apparently how it goes.

I don't know what to do. I don't feel good knowing that millions of people are suffering. I also don't feel good sending troops into a region that seems to hate us helping more than not.

Phils, it just feels like you're resorting to throwing outrage to do so. I honestly don't know what your position lately other than Corporations/Politicians are all bad.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:07 AM   #455
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:28 PM
all i know is Trump is NOT the man for the job

ps- anyone think this whole thing is a distraction technique, to look like he's going up against Russia, to discredit the ongoing investigation? i mean, since when has he been outraged about Syrians dying? didn't he create some significant civilian collateral a few weeks ago? rumour has it Russia (hence Assad) had a heads-up anyway...
Old 04-07-2017, 09:20 AM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy Fizz View Post
I think your pro-Clinton bias is distorting - if not destroying - your ability to see things objectively, or to recognize that what you feel personally, does not represent objective reality.

Specifically, you are operating from the assumption that anyone who did not support Hillary had to have been influenced by the Russians or Wikileaks.

Suffice to say this is ludicrous.
LOL. Ludicrous? I in NO WAY am saying that anyone who didn't support Clinton had to be influenced by Russia/Wiki.
But if you think it didn't influence people, you are horribly naive.

I fully expected about half the country not to support her. That's politics. They don't like Democratic/liberal principles. Fine.
But when a large chunk of liberal voters somehow get brainwashed into believing that Clinton is no better than Trump? Sorry, that's on them, and they are just plain wrong.
I was a Bernie supporter. I just didn't buy into the Messiah, He's a flawless savior because a fucking bird landed on his podium BS that the movement seemed to turn into.

Both Clinton and Sanders were flawed candidates. Like ALL candidates are! If i stacked up their pros and cons, they were pretty even to me, because i was looking at it objectively.
But if I stacked up Clinton or Sanders next to Trump? Sorry, not in the same universe.

What I'm saying is that a supremely qualified candidate, that was not a sexual predator, misogynist, racist or con-man, that actually had a lifetime of accomplishments, both in and out of politics, that showed she actually cared about helping people, is not "evil" - which makes the phrase, "lesser of two evils" absolute bullshit.

You can try and twist that and say I am blinded by my Clinton loyalty. LOL. Far from it. I supported Bernie til the NY primaries and was highly disappointed in how Clinton campaigned throughout the general, and specifically how she handled the whole email story.

But I wasn't stupid enough to think she was the lesser of two evils. She lined up about 90% with my views, which is how i felt about Bernie. So I was comfortable supporting her, even if she was a bad, stiff politician.

Where Trump lined up with maybe 10% of my views, and then the other stuff about him not actually knowing how government or lawmaking actually works, and being a complete human shit-stain was just icing on the cake.

So your stance is that Russia, Wikilieaks, The FBI, Comey Letter, and stories that ran for months in the media about those things, that ultimately never amounted to any wrong-doing, made absolutely no difference in people's minds or how they viewed Clinton? talk about ludicrous.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:31 AM   #457
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

hey i thought "throwing outrages" is the common theme around here.
Old 04-07-2017, 09:34 AM   #458
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

whether this is supported by Hillary or republicans or whatever, the only thing that remains true is that Syria is bombed by US. can we go back to that topic?
Old 04-07-2017, 10:20 AM   #459
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
But when a large chunk of liberal voters somehow get brainwashed into believing that Clinton is no better than Trump? Sorry, that's on them, and they are just plain wrong.
Is there any verifiable evidence out there of how many people actually fit this bill, i.e. diehard Sanders supporters who refused to consider Hillary? I can't help but feel "a large chunk" is a major overstatement. Sure, some of them were loud, but that shouldn't be mistaken for influence.

I think a much more common story is the one I had: I liked Sanders and voted for him in the primary, but then happily voted for Clinton in the general.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:35 AM   #460
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_Again View Post
whether this is supported by Hillary or republicans or whatever, the only thing that remains true is that Syria is bombed by US. can we go back to that topic?
i am just hoping that this fuckwit hasn't gone and started world war 3 with his unilateral and unauthorised intervention