Trump Part VIII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was kinda clear we were talking about ISIS related terrorism, though.

well ISIS claimed the French and London attacks, despite the attacks being committed by nationals - secure borders won't stop those types of attacks anyway

well ISIS claimed the French and London attacks, despite the attacks being committed by nationals - secure borders won't stop those types of attacks anyway

The border was one of three things I mentioned :shrug:., but I'll concede your point. It's still not beneficial to Trump for a gun-related crime by the typical "straight white christian male", in the context of what was being theorized.

Even in Europe, with plenty-o-land connection, the word "common" is an overstatement. I'm not accepting the "new norm," per say. More just... not giving in to what terrorists want. The whole point of terrorism is to incite fear into the lives of the people, as a means of guerrilla warfare. It's a tactic. It doesn't work. You can be scared... it doesn't change the fact that they can't win by those means. So, while attacks are tragic, it's important to pick your head up fast and not be phased.
There are Americans that legitimately believe that Islamic terrorists has taken over great swaths of Europe and that it's no longer a safe place to be at all. I've heard "sincere" tales of 'white people' not going out of their homes after dark for fear of attacks, and that sharia law has taken over entire cities in England. These folks are grateful to Donald Trump because he's the only one keeping America safe from the same fate.

It's absurd. Especially because these same people believe that Barack Obama was a terrorist muslim set on doing the same thing. I wonder what their excuse is for him being in charge of the country for eight years and not managing to become a dictator?

There are Americans that legitimately believe that Islamic terrorists has taken over great swaths of Europe and that it's no longer a safe place to be at all. I've heard "sincere" tales of 'white people' not going out of their homes after dark for fear of attacks, and that sharia law has taken over entire cities in England. These folks are grateful to Donald Trump because he's the only one keeping America safe from the same fate.

It's absurd. Especially because these same people believe that Barack Obama was a terrorist muslim set on doing the same thing. I wonder what their excuse is for him being in charge of the country for eight years and not managing to become a dictator?

It's these people that live in bubbles and not those in so-called "elite" coastal cities. We live peacefully side-by-side with people of all ethnic backgrounds and religions without incident and view diversity as a strength not a weakness.

I was raised as a Catholic in an Italian household, and it would surprise many of the older, conservative members of my extended family to learn that I have been to a mosque several times and have friends from all walks of life. But that's the only way to really break down the walls between us and learn that despite our outward differences, humans are more similar than not.

It would benefit people who believe this nonsense about Sharia law and no-go zones to actually travel to Europe or elsewhere and see for themselves and maybe they might learn something new.

I think at least with his SOL, he had to go through the proper channels to get his office. His daughter, nope! Just give her clearance and we're told she'll totally follow the rules!

It would not surprise me years from now that Russia has basically stolen every and any piece of intel possible. And the country will pay the price for electing these traitors.

lol on my Facebook news feed yesterday an ex friend who I thought blocked me because of trump had commented on on article about Paul Ryan and somehow it showed up on my feed. When I went to see the comments of his and his girlfriend and other trump supporter friends. Well needless to say they think Ryan and trump are total gods. So I made the grave mistake of doing a little trolling and I commented "who cares, both trump and Ryan are garbage". Oh my lordie! Lol did I ever disturb a huge bees nest haha. I got called all kinds of names and they found out I was a friend of my ex friend and they told him to put me on a leash or they would castrate me personally hahaha. It got so bad that his trump supporter/ worshiper girlfriend and a couple other trump worshippers went onto my Facebook and were posting crazy comments on postings I've done months ago. Lol all this because I simply said I thought trump was garbage. Nothing else, I didn't attack anyone personally or call anyone names nothing. But I insulted their God! That's a big no no as I most certainly found out. Needless to say I made sure I really blocked that friend, and his little army of crazy people that went bat shit crazy over my one and only comment! And THAT is how much they defend trump! Simply crazy!

Last edited:
Exactly what his voters wanted, he's handing the country over to the elites.

Well, the white elites.
Exactly! And as I so blantently found out yesterday they will defend him to the death! There is no fixing these people. It doesn't matter what horrible thing he does, he is still an amazing person. I've come to the conclusion, to them it's no longer the fact that they like him for his policies etc etc, to them it's a cult or some type of insane religion like Scientology. You can't even say one negative thing about their cult leader because all hell will break loose. But yes they got exactly what they wanted. Let's see in a few years time when they are suffering how much of a cult hero he is to them. My bet is they will still love him and just blame everyone and everything else for all their troubles.

Last edited:
Hell, most of the Trump supporters I've run into on social media don't even try to present a valid argument. If you say anything negative about the administration, question any of Trump's actions, or even point out a clear moment of hypocrisy (Trump golfing all the time after criticizing Obama for golfing occasionally), they just post memes about whining liberal snowflake crybabies. No attempt to really even defend their leader, just jumping straight to grade school name calling.

Darth Vader got deflated.

Bannon confronted members of the House Freedom Caucus earlier this week during the White House's push for the American Health Care Act, Axios's Mike Allen reported Saturday in his newsletter.

"Guys, look. This is not a discussion. This is not a debate. You have no choice but to vote for this bill,” Bannon reportedly said.

A Freedom Caucus member reportedly replied: “You know, the last time someone ordered me to something, I was 18 years old. And it was my daddy. And I didn't listen to him, either."

Report: Bannon told conservatives 'this is not a debate,' you have to back bill | TheHill

All those right wing media outlets complaining for years about the chaos, corruption, attack on our values....they were really just predicting what would happen when they take over.

36% approval rating. 36!!!!!

Do we really think if it dips towards the low 30's that the GOP will actually do something? I have to wonder if he pissed off a lot of the party with the Healthcare shit. I think he worked his way around it by calling out the Dems

Better sell your homes on the coast. Another couple of decades and you're gonna need a stronger sump.

I feel like we can survive his economic policies. We can survive a war, as long as nukes don't fly. Which probably would happen considering his statements on them.

But we really needed to continue progress on reducing the carbon footprint, and now we're saying that coal jobs are more important than anything else.

Personally, I'm all for this new executive order. I live about a mile from Puget Sound, and by the time I retire, I'll be able to sell my house as waterfront property.

P.S. The whole coal jobs thing is bullshit, and Trump knows it. This is all so big corporation can maximize profits without having to worry about those pesky regulations.

Last edited:
He didn't say shit about the racist in Kansas who shot those (Not) "Middle Eastern" gentlemen, either.

Doesn't fit the narrative.

They also only care about rape when an "illegal" does it, apparently.

Better sell your homes on the coast. Another couple of decades and you're gonna need a stronger sump.

I feel like we can survive his economic policies. We can survive a war, as long as nukes don't fly. Which probably would happen considering his statements on them.

But we really needed to continue progress on reducing the carbon footprint, and now we're saying that coal jobs are more important than anything else.
To be fair, we can pass all the environmentally friendly laws we want - China will take care of the rest.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't do our part, and this EO is bullshit, but alas...

To be fair, we can pass all the environmentally friendly laws we want - China will take care of the rest.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't do our part, and this EO is bullshit, but alas...

hold on - China is way ahead re. environmental policy these days - they've had no choice but to - or is that what you're saying?

Every single day I'm all "What a fucking embarrassment."

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE AND AMERICAN.

This is great, it's making Australia look not so bad for electing Tony Abbott in 2013. Thanks, America, we really needed this.

yeah not just American, British also - just hoping France will stay classy when its time comes :crack:

hold on - China is way ahead re. environmental policy these days - they've had no choice but to - or is that what you're saying?

Exactly. Even China realized it kinda sucks if you can't see your own hands in front of your eyes due to heavy smog. Factories need to stop producing for up to two months at certain intervals to control the amount of pollution. Hence, China let itself be persuaded to agree to the Paris Climate Accord.

Every single day I'm all "What a fucking embarrassment."

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE AND AMERICAN.

While even the better and best US presidents have their faults...

There I was watching "Hidden Figures" in the movie theater, and when they had the TV footage of JFK talking about going to the moon..
it took a lot out of me not to yell out "and now we've got this yutz in office!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom