Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No no, it wasn't the Trump admin, it was the military! See, they got him killed. Not Trump's fault as commander in chief.

Not just any military, Obama's military. They were full of losers.

Trump is going to make our military great again. We'll never lose a war. We should invade Vietnam again to get us back on the scoreboard

So should the Dems drag out Owens' father now?

Hey, don't blame me for approving a mission over cocktail shrimp only because Obama didn't think it was worth the risk, and I was tweeting about TV instead of in the situation room when the guy died... his wife is sitting with Ivanka!

Fucking asshole

Yeah, I know Reddit is a mix of scum of the earth and actual cool stuff, and I'd like to explore the cool stuff, but I find it really hard to navigate. Not that I've spent much time on it, but when someone links to a page, it just looks like it's more trouble than it's worth.

Imagine Reddit as a forum with infinite sub forums, but most of them are not readily visible. A few have been designated by the admins as "default" subreddits which every member is automatically subscribed to. You have to search out the other ones, but there are some very very good ones. If you browse the "front page" you see the most upvoted posts from the default subreddits. There used to be an "all" page that showed highly upvoted posts from ALL subreddits, but it tended to get overrun by subreddits like The_Donald, whose users manipulated votes to keep their posts on "all". "all" has recently been changed to "popular" and some subreddits are excluded from appearing on it (including NSFW subreddits and controversial ones such as The_Donald. Reddit has a few global rules, but individual subreddit moderators can set their own rules and ban users as they see fit, sometimes with no reasoning at all.

So should the Dems drag out Owens' father now?

Hey, don't blame me for approving a mission over cocktail shrimp only because Obama didn't think it was worth the risk, and I was tweeting about TV instead of in the situation room when the guy died... his wife is sitting with Ivanka!

Fucking asshole

Absolutely they should. The Dems are in this position because they were trying to be the party of adults. Where the GOP took the gloves off many years ago.

Face it, it's not like being above shit throwing accomplished anything, and we aren't about to go back. Obama showed that you can get stuff done, the country will still work despite one party obstructing the whole way.

But the difference is GOP had numbers to stall and block. Dems don't.

But what's it going to hurt to play the game ?

what they should do is loudly and repeatedly remind everyone of the eight year-old american citizen that was also killed in the attack.

The things that didn't make it to the Tumblr, like the assertion that Megyn Kelly is a slut are pretty illuminating as well.

If it looks like a deplorable and it sounds like a deplorable...

when he looks back in 5 years' time...

CwwhB2YVEAAus31.jpg

The things that didn't make it to the Tumblr, like the assertion that Megyn Kelly is a slut are pretty illuminating as well.

If it looks like a deplorable and it sounds like a deplorable...

As my daughter said when we were checking out the links last night: "oh look, a 35 year old man spending his time shitposting with teens and early 20s dudes who live in their parent's basements and are trying to be edgy."

I inhabit a tiny, sane area of Reddit, and I think I may have looked at the Trump sub for a few seconds, a time or two, but last night was the first time I've actually spent time reading it, and what struck me is how cult-like it seemed.

Last edited:
I inhabit a tiny, sane area of Reddit, and I think I may have looked at the Trump sub for a few seconds, a time or two, but last night was the first time I've actually spent time reading it, and what struck me is how cult-like it seemed.

The whole 'MAGA' thing is pretty cult like in its entirety, reminds me of this a few days ago:

[TWEET]836256203906789376[/TWEET]

Trump can say the most ridiculous, nonsensical thing, and his sycophants will agree it's good.

The whole 'MAGA' thing is pretty cult like in its entirety, reminds me of this a few days ago:

[TWEET]836256203906789376[/TWEET]

Trump can say the most ridiculous, nonsensical thing, and his sycophants will agree it's good.

I'm a bleeding heart leftist, a Canadian social democrat, and even I can't imagine falling into lockstep with my fellow travellers. There are several parts of the very left movement that I find cringey, including the notion of "safe spaces" and over-protection of kids on university campuses - they SHOULD be exposed to varying points of view and attitudes*, to make their own decisions, and parts of the current wave of feminism leave me shaking my head (men aren't the enemy out of hand - if a man holds a door open for you, thank him and move on, that's human decency, and we have much bigger battles to wage in equality). Anyway, the point being, I'm sure that they would argue the same applies to us, there are those on the left who have sought and joined similar echo chambers, but I can't imagine anyone I know doing so.

*Milo not included. That is hate speech, and we have laws against that in Canada.

I wish the folks writing the news would stop making such a big deal about the fact that Trump gave a "good speech" to congress. Oh! Look everyone! Trump gave a speech just like Obama, Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr.,... how presidential!!

Van Jones comes off looking like the biggest asshat from this. That two minute blessing he gave for a "unifying" speech because Trump addressed the fallen soldier's wife... give me a break. Being president isn't about making good speeches and showing support for your armed forces. It's about actually doing the right fucking thing and guiding the country.

I also don't understand how giving a good (read: not foaming at the mouth) speech or a bad speech affects Trump. People love him or hate him. It's not like there are 30% of Americans who have no clue who the guy is and are on the fence.

I could not watch Trump's speech--too anxiety-inducing. Someone mentioned that we Americans are facing some sort of collective judgement from I guess a Higher Power as an indictment against our vain and self-serving ways. This is a fascinating observation and may have a ring of truth to it. If true, though, what about those of us who made phone calls for Hillary, tried to talk our elderly parents toward the path of sanity (in vain), suffered the slings and arrows of cult-like friends, etc. Must we suffer the same fate?

I CANNOT understand how some people are completely self unaware, how is this possible?

My conscience would erode at me, if I ever said something this hypocritical during my lifetime.

One of our own(not banned) made this post on FB today, I'm still floored:

"Their resistance to the Trump administration has been over the top, from opposing nearly every single cabinet nominee (a new low in partisan incivility) to calling for his impeachment.

Like schoolyard bullies, they have called the president names and insulted his family. They have ridiculed his policies and platform, and worked to undermine his legitimacy.

Tuesday night they refused to applaud his optimistic vision for American renewal..."

It went on from there, but you get the point. This poster has also in recent weeks asked 'why the marches and protests' as he's conveniently forgotten how supportive he was of the tea party protests.

They've completely wiped away 8 years from their memory... well along with everything else.

There's no logic, engaging, empathizing, or reasoning with these folks. They are ready to embrace full on Trump's version of fascism(didn't want to get into that tangent again).

Last edited:
I hope the smarmy little racist who thinks it's a good idea to pick on trans kids goes to jail.

At least it's really easy to know who are the good guys and the bad guys, amirite? What a ghastly group of people this Trump administration is.

Well this Sessions story really blew up. The inconsistent and weak initial responses from the WH are telling. I don't think this will go away. Even if he doesn't get canned it's clear he needs to recuse himself from any Russian-related investigation.

Ooh, yes, let's hope this kicks him to the curb.

While we're at it, can we find some big scandal on Bannon that forces him to resign/be fired, too :hyper:?

I find it absolutely frightening to see how week democractic institutions still are. Bannon could go out on the CPAC stage and basically say, "Our aim is to dismantle the democratic institutions of this country.", and get away with it.

The press is like a partner in an abusive relationship: After getting beaten up for the third time in a row, it starts dawning on them something's not right, then he shows up with some half-dead flowers and they are taken in by him again.

[TWEET]836930472945020928[/TWEET]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom