Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the apology, DaBiggest. It's rare to hear anyone apologize for anything anymore. It definitely takes a strong person to do so, so kudos to you.

Hello all, I just came off a ban that I certainly deserved! I wanted to apologize to all those that I have offended on here for my sexist and shrude comments. You know who you are. I was clearly wrong in doing so. This is not to justify why I made the KAC comment or the two or three other comments in the previous last weeks, but I have been going through some personal issues (of which I will not bore anyone here with) and combined with what was going on with trump, I lost my control and said some things that certainly don't usually reflect me. And these comments were wrong and hurtful! I've been here for many years and have much respect for everyone here. In many ways you are all like an extended family and I come here often to read the comments and share my love for u2 (and my hate for trump). Those comments made by me made me realize that I became like the very person I hate so much and comment against on the trump thread. For this I am truly ashamed of and deeply sorry for having done that. With that said I look forward to being here many more years without any troubles and I will certainly promise to not let my emotions get the best of me. This was never my character until the last few weeks, so to those offended I certainly understand if you are still offended and mad at me but I hope we can all move on and that I have learnt from the mistakes I made in the last 2-3 weeks! Mods please feel free to close/move this thread should you feel it is innapropriate or in the wrong section! Thank you.

:up: for being the bigger person and taking responsibilities for your words.

Thank you for your contributions to this forum.

I still contend that Air America was a bad idea. The left doesn't need an echo chamber, the left doesn't need to stoop to the levels of the right.

The right echo chambers gave us Trump, we don't need more Trumps, regardless of side.

We need to find a way to make people hungry for real information again, and not mock it. I still don't know how you do that. The right has become the participation trophy zombies of information, whatever shows up in front of them is rewarded. No one else needs to follow that model.

So how do we make an entire swath of citizens hungry again, how do we get people to value real information, value sources, and question what's handed them even if it makes them feel good?

If we can answer that then the more informed win, and that is what we need.

#stopthecelebrationofignorance

That post had nothing to do with you dazzled, just my view on right/left media. I really do think all of us should push for a TRUE fair and balanced media. A media that is forced not to have an agenda.

Sitting w free WiFi n cold subway (no WiFi at home) got to go home after reading 7 pgs here ) somi will have to take another time to give you a note detailed answer..
but only some of AAm had a sarcastic, or Lock ng tone. Thom Hartman , Randy Rhoades and don't forget the fabulous Rachel Maddow got her "start" on AAm!
And even the others who did do sarcasim, and used to love Al Franklins "theater" plays also gave serious commentary.

n

IMG_5983.JPGIMG_5982.JPG

He is mentally ill. The people around him have to be concerned, right?

If I had a friend, even if I agreed with them, that constantly had to compliment themselves and started to repeat themselves, I'd be concerned.

Last edited:
i was banned less than 3 hours after bloodysunday and he somehow managed to get re-banned before mine had even expired [emoji38] what a moron. bye, racist :wave:

thank you to those of you who were here at the time and responded in a far more tactful and thoughtful way than i would have been able to. ashley in particular, you said exactly what i would have tried to say. :up:
You got it. I understand it was important to you and it's easy to lose your cool.

Both you and Dabiggest, I appreciate the honesty and apologies. It's refreshing to see.

To be honest it's a bit insulting that they think we're all so dumb nobody realises what they're doing.

Someone educate me please... other than assassination, impeachment, poor health/death or the next election, is there ANY way a US president can be removed from their post?
As a fan of, well, humans, I don't wish ill health or worse on Trump. And I suspect the GOP congress won't impeach him for at least 2 years so they can get their agenda voted through.
So really, are their any other options?

And for what it's worth, dabiggest and DaveC despite me being a very occasional poster I'm a very frequent reader of fym and love the decency and humanity shown (mostly) here. Your recent posts reinforce that.

Someone educate me please... other than assassination, impeachment, poor health/death or the next election, is there ANY way a US president can be removed from their post?
As a fan of, well, humans, I don't wish ill health or worse on Trump. And I suspect the GOP congress won't impeach him for at least 2 years so they can get their agenda voted through.
So really, are their any other options?
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/2/9/14488980/25th-amendment-trump-pence

This is how the muzzling starts: not with a boot on your neck, but with the fear of one that runs so deep that you muzzle yourself.

Maybe it’s the story you decide against doing because it’s liable to provoke a press-bullying president to put the power of his office behind his attempt to destroy your reputation by falsely calling your journalism “fake.”

Maybe it’s the line you hold back from your script or your article because it could trigger a federal leak investigation into you and your sources (so, yeah, jail).

Or, maybe it’s the commentary you spike because you’re a publicly supported news channel and you worry it will cost your station its federal financing.

The story began with a Jan. 24 speech that Representative Lamar Smith, Republican of Texas, gave on the House floor regarding what he described as the unfair way the national media was covering President Trump. He said for instance that the media ignored highs in consumer confidence, which of course it did not. And he ended with an admonition for his constituents: “Better to get your news directly from the president. In fact, it might be the only way to get the unvarnished truth.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/business/media/trump-era-media-censorship.html

There is a very big problem of fake news on the internet. It (mostly) helped the right, and was assisted by the Russians.

The President of the United States' response to this issue is to call all legitimate news services "fake news" if they report something he doesn't like.

Quite literally, Trump has gone with the "I know you are but what am I" defense.

This is the most powerful man in the Western hemisphere.

We're all gonna die.

If you think of politics as a pendulum, eventually it's going to swing the other way (if we're not all dead by then). It would make sense for Republicans to stamp out this talk of "fake news", because one day the left's version of Trump may come along and used it to his or her advantage.

Journalism, done correctly, is there to speak truth to power and serve the public's interest. It was the Associated Press, don't forget, that was the first outlet to break the Hillary e-mails story. If they were so biased and "fake", they could have not published it and maybe we wouldn't be where we are right now. But the reporters who broke that story were simply doing their jobs.

Trump family trips cost taxpayers $11.3m in one month – almost as much as Obama’s cost in a year

The US President’s three visits to his Mar-a-Lago club in Florida since his presidential inauguration, combined with his sons’ business trips, reportedly cost $11.3m (£9.1m).
Obama was the elitist living the life on the taxpayer dime. Trump is a man of the people.

Clinton is the liar, Trump's lies just make him a putz sometimes.

Facts don't matter, it's what they feeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

You all got conned.

do you reckon he's so crazy he would press the nuclear button just to spite the whole world if he got impeached? i feel so uneasy that the thought has even crossed my mind :ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom