Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst case with Clinton as POTUS we would have a constant barrage of investigations from the GOP, and loads of outrage from FoxNews

Everything else would be as though Obama was in charge.

Progressives would have gotten closer to their demands/goals with her in charge versus the Donald. That's what bugs me the most. Yes, she wasn't Bernie, but to not vote has all but blown away any progress the left has made.

Worst case with Clinton as POTUS we would have a constant barrage of investigations from the GOP, and loads of outrage from FoxNews

Progressives would have gotten closer to their demands/goals with her in charge versus the Donald. That's what bugs me the most. Yes, she wasn't Bernie, but to not vote has all but blown away any progress the left has made.

Yep. The logic is great. Instead of taking a couple steps forward, we'll take, 5 steps back, and then hope in 8 or 12 years we'll take steps forward again to get us back to where we were 12 years ago! Progressive!!

And yet they'll go to their grave blaming Clinton for all of this.

While she may not have been the most likable candidate, it really wasn't a fucking choice. We are seeing is how the government is run by people who have no fucking clue.

I'm not opposed to someone from the private sector holding office, but they sure as hell better surround themselves with the top minds of their field.

Instead we get Rick Perry and Betsy Devos

And yet they'll go to their grave blaming Clinton for all of this.

While she may not have been the most likable candidate, it really wasn't a fucking choice. We are seeing is how the government is run by people who have no fucking clue.

I'm not opposed to someone from the private sector holding office, but they sure as hell better surround themselves with the top minds of their field.

Instead we get Rick Perry and Betsy Devos

Hillary was a horrible campaigner. That's about where it starts and ends. I think the rest was a huge misinformation campaign/swiftboating of an extremely capable and experienced candidate. At the very least we knew that we would hold on to our basic rights and protections that we have fought for til this point. Now, not so much.

With that being said, she does play it up, and I don't really respect her for that. I've never done it myself, and won't unless I ever obtain documentation proving my line and actually take the time to learn more about my tribe. That's never going to happen, so I'm never going to claim my heritage on any paperwork and what she did was shady.

i can already hear a lot of men in 2020 citing this as a reason why they just can't vote for her.

and that she's unlikeable, and should smile more.

Yes I am aware of the history of both parties BVS unlike a lot of folks I do look into history. Glad you proved my point about skipping over what you don't like.

You just cant get past why people voted for Trump and until you do you will never win another election. Yes he can be a putz. I acknowledge that but if you can't see that even if people blindly voted Trump because he promised to fix the problems you are a lot further down the hill than I thought......You just can't see the difficultly a lot of people were put in with these election choices and you resort to calling us idiots and and party hacks because we didn't vote for Clinton.

I wish I had people like you in my debate class. It would have been interesting. I actually like seeing into the other side of the political spectrum readings your posts I just wish you weren't so angry towards the other side.....Maybe a lot more things could be accomplished if the anger could be quelled.

If you call Trump out for his BS without even acknowledging Hillary's long trail of bs you are as much of a party hack as you claim me to be. When the left gets called out for their bs they throw things out like Racism, Sexism, etc etc because they have no facts to fight back on.

I've said it over and over again Trump wasn't my original choice and I voted for him begrudingly. Yes I have a lot of conservative views when it comes to thinks like the constitution but that doesn't make me a party hack.

:up:

Babydoll to get back to what we were discussing I would like your opinion on this?
https://youtu.be/qm5SYxRXHsI - New Years Eve in Cologne the night that changed a lot of Germans views on Migrants.

I understand the sensitivity the German people have on the issue based on the countries sensitive history...Believe
me I understand.

This video was very informative for me as a Westerner hearing various opinions from the German public.
https://youtu.be/gS5c_OVZmtk

I don't even know if you are still active in this thread but as someone who lives in Germany I would like some more insight into this :)

And that Trump press conference was cringe worthy.....No Denying that. I think he is still trying to convince himself and everyone else he won.......Trump you won now get your head out of campaign mode.....

I am convinced he was reading from a prepared statement and flubbed it.

Of course I am active, and I replied with a lengthy, informative response to your misquoted (mistranslated) Quran texts on the very first page itself. But I have a couple of questions:

1. Why do I need to 'explain' the video? Am I responsible for how everyone and anyone behaves?

2. The ones who misbehaved were idiots, and no one I know says anything otherwise.

3. I haven't lived here too long, I only moved here in 2014, and was in the US for a long, long time prior. I think my German boyfriend, who frequently posts in this thread , can answer this better.

Moonlit Angel said So much for the ridiculous idea that Trump would bring an administration free of corruption, scandal, and illegal, deeply unsafe activity, huh?

Note to Trump supporters: Try actually listening to people when they warn you about candidates like him next time.

I guess Hillary was a real peach then?

Well, let's see, Hillary didn't have sketchy ties to Russia and a dossier that claims to have a shitton of information that would be personally damaging to her.

Trump, on the other hand? He's got all of that. He's being investigated for that. You claim that investigations and scandals were why you couldn't support Clinton (and I will remind you that the REPUBLICAN-LED investigation into Clinton's e-mails/Benghazi didn't turn up anything illegal). He's got people in his cabinet that are scandal-ridden and have ties to scary groups (Bannon, anyone? The recent Flynn debacle?). So, yes?

Why are you willing to overlook all the investigations and scandals related to Trump? Why aren't you just as outraged by his stuff as you claimed you were about Clinton's?

So trade one evil for another then? Jesus you are delusional if you think Hillary would have been better.....This is the
exact problem I keep talking about....Trading one evil for another....Lesser of two evils.....When will real change happen?..

Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, no. Clinton, on her worst day, would not be anywhere near as horrible as Trump is. Not even close. Do not pull that "they're both crap" nonsense. It's not even remotely true.

Trump spends valuable time on Twitter, time he could use actually discussing the policies he wants to implement and trying to engage with the people in mature, rational ways, whining about his daughter's clothing line, his approval ratings, and whatever "mean things" "SNL" said about him the night before. He spent his time during the National Prayer Breakfast taunting Arnold Schwartzenegger about the "Apprentice" ratings. Pray tell, what the hell does that have to do with jobs or the economy or any of the other issues he campaigned on? Why is that something he needs to even discuss now? He's president. He's got far more important things to do and talk about, doesn't he?

Hillary wouldn't pull any of that crap. She wouldn't throw temper tantrums on Twitter because somebody criticized her. She wouldn't go around calling the news media "fake news" and come up with this "alternative facts" bullshit. She wouldn't complain about "SNL" making fun of her. She wouldn't sound like an incoherent mess at her press conferences, or pick fights with reporters.

So yeah. She is infinitely better than Trump based on the above alone. Unlike him, she actually knows how to behave in a presidential, mature manner.

And, oh, yeah, SHE ALSO HAS ACTUAL POLITICAL EXPERIENCE. You know, that thing that's kind of important when you're running for president of the country? She wouldn't need to have the nuclear triad explained to her the way Trump apparently did, for instance, and she sure as hell would not have handled the whole recent North Korean missile thing the way Trump did at the Mar-Largo event he was at.

Seriously, do you not even care about the security risk Trump poses by doing things like that? Doesn't that bother you at all? How can you honestly say Clinton would've done worse than that?

It won't because the left was too busy singing "FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT! FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT!" To see she is just as corrupt
as Trump and yet you continued to push her down the American peoples throat.....

Yeah, that's not the reason I supported her, nor is it the reason many others did, but thanks for making assumptions.

If you had found another Obama you would
have the presidency...He wasn't perfect but he had some good about him.....I found myself at odds with my conservative
friends over beliefs like that. I hope you have another Obama or someone like him somewhere out there because if Hillary
Clinton is and was the best you had to offer? No thanks....

I absolutely would've loved another Obama. But I was perfectly fine with Clinton, too, and anyone who actually paid any sort of attention could easily see she was much more capable for the job than Trump.

I may not be satisfied about voting Trump but I am satisifed
my vote didn't go to her....

And it's because of that ignorant attitude that our country is in the mess it's in, so thanks for that.

She was and is another career politician.....You fell for her bull**** hook, line, & sinker and yet you feel you
can chastize Trump supporters for the exact same thing....

The hypocrisy here is astounding. Truly astounding.

Yes, we said that about Trump supporters, because it's actually true with them. He conned the crap out of you guys and you're way too damn stubborn to accept it. Even if I didn't personally agree with certain stances Hillary took (and there were indeed a few, mainly foreign policy-related), I still felt confident she would surround herself with a cabinet who would fight on behalf of issues I did support, and she'd fight for the ones that she and I were in agreement on.

Our country this election was either too blind or too dumb
to look at these two candidates and go....NO....Now now not ever! And I hate the fact I had to make the choice.
And no staying home is not an option. The right to vote is something we take for granted and I won't stay home.

I appreciate the "not staying home" attitude, at least. The rest, well, again, answered above.

Look at the debates....You had Martin O Malley which well whatever, Bernie Sanders who I think while his heart was in the
right place doesn't know the realities that nothing is free. Someone has to pay for it. Chafee.....Well I dunno there.
and Hillary Clinton.....I am happy actually more people saw Bernie as an alternative but again you don't cross the
establishment. Hillary was their pick from the start and nothing was going to change that.

For the record, I would've voted for any of the Democratic candidates had they won the nomination.

I don't like the fact I had to vote for Trump over Clinton I really don't but as I said before.....Maybe the left
can pull their own heads out of their collective asses and provide someone better than Hillary Clinton....

You didn't have to vote for Trump, though. You could've looked at the good things Clinton has done, of which there are many, and looked at her actual experience compared to Trump's complete ignorance of anything government-related, and her general public behavior compared to Trump's, and actually realized it really wasn't much of a contest which choice made more sense.

Trump is not the kind of outsider you guys should've hitched your wagon to. Not at all. An outsider is all well and good, but they still need to have an actual understanding of what they're getting into with this job. They either need some political experience or show that they're willing to learn about the job, and take it seriously. Trump has shown absolutely none of that sort of attitude throughout the entire campaign and his presidency, and the fact that this doesn't bother you is deeply concerning.

You know what the ironic thing is? You on the left thought Trump was a joke and didn't stand a snowballs chance
in hell....Your arrogance was your downfall in this election.

You thought it was in the bag and when you lost you did everything you could to stop it. Including threatening peoples
lives and the lives of their families if they didn't change their vote....Well congrats you caused Hillary to lose even
more votes when the Electoral College voted.

Where in the hell are you getting this "threatening people's lives" stuff? What Hillary supporters out there did that?

And yes, we were confident she'd win, because we had enough faith that this country could look at the insanity that was Trump and not be ridiculous enough to vote for him. And if you go by the popular vote, which Hillary won by a pretty decent margin, we were right.

Trump won not because Clinton drove voters away. He won because he had the Russians helping him with the election, GOP gerrymandering and voter intimidation, and the electoral college. You don't get to feel good about this victory, because you didn't earn it.

As for your refusal to apologize for that post and the whole "easily offended" thing, I'll simply say that there is a vast difference between comedians making jokes, since, y'know, they tend to make fun of EVERYBODY and they use things like satire and such to aid in their comedy, and the kind of post you made.

And why is it you get to be offended over people calling you and other Trump supporters ignorant for supporting him, but somebody here says your Native American "jokes" post was offensive and they have to just deal with it and "quit getting so offended"?

What is so hard about apologizing for your comments? If I said something that I later realized had offended somebody, I would apologize to them, because I do not want to be mean to people or make them feel uncomfortable. It's called treating people with respect and decency.

But I guess in Trump's America, it's totally okay to hurt other people's feelings and treat them like dirt or insult them, and if they say they're bothered by it, they just have to deal with it.

Unbelievable.

This is some real blood-and-soil bullshit.

It goes against absolutely everything this country has ever stood for.

Everything.
You'd think he'd want one day, just one day without some sort of insane drama?!

80,000 over three states. about the amount of people that could fit in a large stadium. :angry:

:(

There was either an article or something that was (some days back) being as then highlighted (as upcoming) report on Public Radio that the shrinkage of reporting going on in The Midwest could have contributed to less people voting for Hillary.

I have contended that Air America going off t the air contributed as well be cause AAm didn't break into the MW airwaves nomarly reserved often only for Rushbo, Hannity and co. I remember certain Republican callers that started to agree with the liberals & progressives as hey got more information.

Last edited:
i was banned less than 3 hours after bloodysunday and he somehow managed to get re-banned before mine had even expired [emoji38] what a moron. bye, racist :wave:

thank you to those of you who were here at the time and responded in a far more tactful and thoughtful way than i would have been able to. ashley in particular, you said exactly what i would have tried to say. :up:

After Trumps conference yesterday, I am convinced he is insane. He may even have dementia, and he's on meds that may accelerate that.

In the NYT Tues 2 people in the Mental Health professionals (listed credentials) wrote a joint letter - acknowledging that there has been a rule against doing this - to say Trump has traits of ______ don't remember exactly , narcisstic personality disorder to a high degree, something else that makes him a dangerous president.
That they couldn't stay silent about it.

:(

There was either an article or something that was (some days back) being as then highlighted (as upcoming) report on Public Radio that the shrinkage of reporting going on in The Midwest could have contributed to less people voting for Hillary.

I have contended that Air America going off my he air contributed as well be cause AAm did break into the MW airwaves nomarly reserved often only for Rushbo, Hannity and co. I remember certain Republican callers that started to agree with the liberals & progressives as hey got more information.

I still contend that Air America was a bad idea. The left doesn't need an echo chamber, the left doesn't need to stoop to the levels of the right.

The right echo chambers gave us Trump, we don't need more Trumps, regardless of side.

We need to find a way to make people hungry for real information again, and not mock it. I still don't know how you do that. The right has become the participation trophy zombies of information, whatever shows up in front of them is rewarded. No one else needs to follow that model.

So how do we make an entire swath of citizens hungry again, how do we get people to value real information, value sources, and question what's handed them even if it makes them feel good?

If we can answer that then the more informed win, and that is what we need.

#stopthecelebrationofignorance

That post had nothing to do with you dazzled, just my view on right/left media. I really do think all of us should push for a TRUE fair and balanced media. A media that is forced not to have an agenda.

My sincerest apologies.....

Hello all, I just came off a ban that I certainly deserved! I wanted to apologize to all those that I have offended on here for my sexist and shrude comments. You know who you are. I was clearly wrong in doing so. This is not to justify why I made the KAC comment or the two or three other comments in the previous last weeks, but I have been going through some personal issues (of which I will not bore anyone here with) and combined with what was going on with trump, I lost my control and said some things that certainly don't usually reflect me. And these comments were wrong and hurtful! I've been here for many years and have much respect for everyone here. In many ways you are all like an extended family and I come here often to read the comments and share my love for u2 (and my hate for trump). Those comments made by me made me realize that I became like the very person I hate so much and comment against on the trump thread. For this I am truly ashamed of and deeply sorry for having done that. With that said I look forward to being here many more years without any troubles and I will certainly promise to not let my emotions get the best of me. This was never my character until the last few weeks, so to those offended I certainly understand if you are still offended and mad at me but I hope we can all move on and that I have learnt from the mistakes I made in the last 2-3 weeks! Mods please feel free to close/move this thread should you feel it is innapropriate or in the wrong section! Thank you.

Last edited:

Yeah... I'm a liberal/progressive and I mean a FDR, Eleanor Roosevelt, Paul Wellstone, TEF Kennedy type liberal, NOT a neo-liberal so I never agreed with some of what Hillary did or wanted to do. Yes, her being the first woman president was an exciting thing prospect, but I wouldn't be voting for any Maggie Thatcher, Palin or other right-wing women.

Hello all, I just came off a ban that I certainly deserved! I wanted to apologize to all those that I have offended on here for my sexist and shrude comments. You know who you are. I was clearly wrong in doing so. This is not to justify why I made the KAC comment or the two or three other comments in the previous last weeks, but I have been going through some personal issues (of which I will not bore anyone here with) and combined with what was going on with trump, I lost my control and said some things that certainly don't usually reflect me. And these comments were wrong and hurtful! I've been here for many years and have much respect for everyone here. In many ways you are all like an extended family and I come here often to read the comments and share my love for u2 (and my hate for trump). Those comments made by me made me realize that I became like the very person I hate so much and comment against on the trump thread. For this I am truly ashamed of and deeply sorry for having done that. With that said I look forward to being here many more years without any troubles and I will certainly promise to not let my emotions get the best of me. This was never my character until the last few weeks, so to those offended I certainly understand if you are still offended and mad at me but I hope we can all move on and that I have learnt from the mistakes I made in the last 2-3 weeks! Mods please feel free to close/move this thread should you feel it is innapropriate or in the wrong section! Thank you.

Thanks for taking the time to apologize. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom