Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look the good news is that he's at 39% with the stock market at record highs and unemployment near record lows.

:lol:

C4z0m1lW8AIiIrt.jpg

tumblr_m0wtu0hBC41r4t35qo1_400.gif

Trump supporters evaluated the situation and concluded that crooked Hillary was the bigger anti-semite.

Just imagine if any other president had looked at a black reporter and asked her who the Congressional Black Caucus was and then asked her if they were friends of hers and could she set up a meeting? What, at her weekly meeting of the blacks?

Not only that, but the CBC has since come out stating that they sent in a formal letter request to meet with the Cheeto on January 19th and have not gotten a response.

I watched some of this earlier ( way more entertaining than our politicians going on about sodding Brexit). Noticed some themes- namely the media (CNN and dear old BBC) are out of control etc, and he kept harping on about what Hilary did- is this the usual routine from Donald?

I did get his point about not sharing military plans in the media

Have to say, that press conference was the best entertainment I've had in a long time. Absolutely bat shit mad.

Wait, he's still doing the bigly thing? "Big league" is supposed to be what that is?

Last edited:
Wait, he's still doing the bigly thing? "Big league" is supposed to be what that is?
I think maybe it was Headache that proposed in this thread that he was trying to say Big League way back when. In my head I've tried to automatically replace bigly with Big League, but it's hard to do.

Maybe it was Diemen....

I think maybe it was Headache that proposed in this thread that he was trying to say Big League way back win. In my head I've tried to automatically replace bigly with Big League, but it's hard to do.

Maybe it was Diemen....

The NYT transcript transcribed it as that anyway. It's really hard to hear though, still sounds like "bigly." But that's like 15,334th on a list of completely insane things said in this press conference.

Guys. The leaks are real but the news is fake. [brain exploding gif here]

Last edited:
It's an accent thing. "League" sounds like "lig," which is what is throwing you. I never once heard it like "bigly" because that's also how I pronounce "league." I guess it's an east coast thing.

It's an accent thing. "League" sounds like "lig," which is what is throwing you. I never once heard it like "bigly" because that's also how I pronounce "league." I guess it's an east coast thing.

Oh, that's good to know. It also, of course, fits in with his shitty manner of speaking.

This is from the Wiki on the Philly accent:

Both long-e and long-a sounds are shortened before /ɡ/. Eagle rhymes with giggle [ˈɪɡəɫ] (as in "the Iggles"); league [ɫɪɡ] rhymes with big ; vague and plague rhyme with peg (pronounced [vɛɡ] and [pʰɫɛɡ], respectively).[20] For some Philadelphians, colleague and fatigue also have /ɪ/ (pronounced [ˈkʰɑɫɪɡ] and [fəˈtʰɪɡ], respectively). However, these are words learned later, so many use the more standard American [ˈkʰɑɫiɡ] and [fəˈtʰiɡ].

The Philadelphia accent is half New York, half Baltimore, so I guess that's the New York half.

People here are too busy trying to figure out what to do with the letter R to worry about such vowel sounds. :shrug: I've lived on the east coast my whole life.

That time he conceded his oft-repeated line about having the "biggest electoral margin since Ronald Reagan" is a lie
NBC reporter Peter Alexander: "You said today that you had the biggest electoral margin since Ronald Reagan – 304, 306 electoral votes. In fact, President Obama got 365 in 2008."
Trump: "Well, I'm talking about Republicans."
Alexander: "President Obama 333, George H.W. Bush 426 when he won. So why should Americans trust..."
Trump: "I was given that information, I was just given it. We had a very big margin."
Alexander: "I guess the question is: Why should Americans trust you when you accuse the information they receive as being fake, when you're providing information that is not accurate?"
Trump: "Well, I was given that information. I was, actually, I've seen that information around. But it was a very substantial victory. Do you agree with that?"
Alexander: "You're the president."

Society cannot function when it's elected leader cannot handle a basic fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom