Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I addressed this the best way I could on the first page of this thread. You might want to print it and show it to her, lol.

I take it you've shown her the passages in the Bible that are violent?

I have, and she responded that those passages were written so many thousands of years ago, and were only relevant to that place and time, and not to modern day Christians. But she cannot wrap her brain around applying this same logic to other religions.

I really don't understand why Trump's STILL harping on about anything related to the election results. Dude, you're the president. You got what you wanted. You "won". Unless this is your way of trying to hint we should have some sort of massive redo with this election (which, frankly, I'd be all for if it means getting him the hell out of here)...SHUT UP AND QUIT BITCHING ABOUT IT. Christ.

She firmly believes that they are out to kill us all. She refuses to accept that the Bible is just as "violent" as the Quran, and accused me of making up the Omagh bombing because she can't accept that white Christians would ever resort to violence in the name of religion.

...wow.

That...is just plain sad. And infuriating.

I think that the lack of major violent conflict on US soil in the lifetime of any living Americans has contributed to this lack of empathy. All the wars fought by US soldiers in the last century were abroad - Americans have no concept of their homes being bombed 24/7, women and children dying in the street, masses of refugees moving on foot and living in squalor. Though in truth, Canadians don't either but there seems to be a different attitude. At least some Europeans can still remember, though even there you have the right wing "I got mine fuck you" sort of mentality on the rise.

This is exactly the conversation I was having with the dad the other day. I don't need to repeat it because we said just about everything you said here, with a few added points of differences in survival instincts leading to a lack of empathy between other countries and Trump supporters...

I have, and she responded that those passages were written so many thousands of years ago, and were only relevant to that place and time, and not to modern day Christians. But she cannot wrap her brain around applying this same logic to other religions.

If she really cares enough, and wants to genuinely learn and step out of religious intolerance, she could look for a translation online. And an authentic translation, justislam.co.uk is a good place for resources.

I hate the whole 'oh their religion tells them to kill infidels zomg!!!' bs - it is simply not true, and I have said that so many times on Fb to folks commenting on friends' posts with the same.

I know we're Fb friends, perhaps you can also show her the video I posted this morning?

Believe me, I am not religious, however I hate religious intolerance and unfairness, coupled with ignorance.

I really don't understand why Trump's STILL harping on about anything related to the election results. Dude, you're the president. You got what you wanted. You "won". Unless this is your way of trying to hint we should have some sort of massive redo with this election (which, frankly, I'd be all for if it means getting him the hell out of here)...SHUT UP AND QUIT BITCHING ABOUT IT. Christ.

It's because he didn't win the way he wanted to win. He only won the electoral college and not the popular vote, and so people can argue that he didn't "really" win (the majority did not actually vote for him). This probably dents his self esteem slightly, and so he has to keep stressing that he DID win.

Well if they're human they'd have to be.

If not I'm claiming massive voter fraud, 60 million illegal robots were bused to these states to vote.

There's a guy that can prove it, he created an app.

From what I have seen, Trumpsters are so caught up in the message he spread, they disregard everything else as fake. Especially since the term alternative facts was coined. There is no reasoning with these people, no logic, no good argument, nothing. I have lost patience with them entirely.

If she really cares enough, and wants to genuinely learn and step out of religious intolerance, she could look for a translation online. And an authentic translation, justislam.co.uk is a good place for resources.
I have suggested that she read it herself, but she says that would be pointless because she does not speak Arabic, and she suggested that English translations can't be trusted because they've probably been altered to hide the truth. That's right, she believes there has been a vast conspiracy to remove the "true violence" from English translations of the Quran.

For the most part I simply try to avoid interacting with her, but every so often she rears her bigoted head and I have to put her down.

I have suggested that she read it herself, but she says that would be pointless because she does not speak Arabic, and she suggested that English translations can't be trusted because they've probably been altered to hide the truth. That's right, she believes there has been a vast conspiracy to remove the "true violence" from English translations of the Quran.

For the most part I simply try to avoid interacting with her, but every so often she rears her bigoted head and I have to put her down.

Wow :lol:

If she's that far gone, then let her be in her stew of hate and ignorance. If it's anything Trumpeezy has done over the past year, it's to Make America Hate (Openly) Again.

From what I have seen, Trumpsters are so caught up in the message he spread, they disregard everything else as fake.

Trump just said he is upgrading "fake news" to "very fake news" so they will be wrapping their minds around this for a while.

Or, DOL, how about this in regards to translation and context? I talked about this on the first page, the '72 virgins' bs. There's not a single sentence in the Quran which mentions 72 virgins, or any virgin at all waiting for anyone. The 'virgins' refer to grapes, which are of the feminine grammatical gender in Arabic. Arabic, like many Indo-European languages, including western languages such as German, has grammatical genders. English does not. Therefore, the sentence has been lost in translation since time immemorial, with people thinking that the Holy Quran has some ridiculous promises included therein.

I really wish all of you could have seen this live.

He is completely mental.

At one point started yelling asking for a friendly reporter with a friendly question. This is after he berated CNN (full of hatred, bad ratings) and BBC ("oh another beauty"). Finally he found some random writing for a Jewish paper who acknowledged that Ivanka is Jewish and so Trump is a grandfather to her Jewish children so he was hoping to hear what his plans are about the rise in reported anti-semitic attacks in the last few weeks. Trump said he was the least anti-semitic person ever, that this wasn't a simple or friendly question and then told the reporter to sit back down.

He's a maniac. We're all gonna die.

Also, he is holding a 2020 campaign event (no, you didn't read this wrong) tomorrow in Florida.
Oh i was reading all about this on Reddit yesterday. I can't wait. They're planning so many protests and trying to find ways to get into the rally to find ways to fluster him. It's hilarious.
I really wish all of you could have seen this live.

He is completely mental.

At one point started yelling asking for a friendly reporter with a friendly question. This is after he berated CNN (full of hatred, bad ratings) and BBC ("oh another beauty"). Finally he found some random writing for a Jewish paper who acknowledged that Ivanka is Jewish and so Trump is a grandfather to her Jewish children so he was hoping to hear what his plans are about the rise in reported anti-semitic attacks in the last few weeks. Trump said he was the least anti-semitic person ever, that this wasn't a simple or friendly question and then told the reporter to sit back down.

He's a maniac. We're all gonna die.
He was asked about anti-semitic crime yesterday and responded by citing his EC win percentage.

Er, wait, I read that in this thread, didn't I... :doh:

CNN reporting that a Republican Senator told them off record that Trump's press conference rantings are something he should discuss with his therapist, not on live TV.

Oh i was reading all about this on Reddit yesterday. I can't wait. They're planning so many protests and trying to find ways to get into the rally to find ways to fluster him. It's hilarious.

I'll wager that the protesters will outnumber the supporters.

I've been on Interference so long...I remember when Howard Dean yelling "YEAHHHH!" and making a weird sound meant he was unsuitable to be president.

Seriously. That knocked him out, but Trump's batshit crazy didn't hurt him?

anitram's description of that press conference. Holy shit.

Trump supporters have so much to answer for. So, so, SO much.

He just made a statement that the people that are disagreeing at the town halls are not Republicans, so they are not represented by the republican politician... Amazing.

He doesn't know what the Congressional Black Caucus is.

In fairness, he did ask the one black reporter in the room if they were "friends" of hers and could she set up a meeting maybe?

Cringeworthy.

I haven't seen a horror movie in a while, what are we talking about and where can I see it?

"The leaks are real, the news is fake."

Seriously. That knocked him out, but Trump's batshit crazy didn't hurt him?

anitram's description of that press conference. Holy shit.

Trump supporters have so much to answer for. So, so, SO much.
To be fair... There were other reasons, but that was a biggie.

Bigly.

President Trump’s approval rating is at 39 percent, according to a new poll.

The latest Pew Research Center poll released Thursday shows Trump at a historic low compared with prior presidents in their first weeks in office.

The poll found just 39 percent approve of his job performance while 56 percent disapprove.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom