Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is everybody speaks with 100% certainty as to KAC's motives. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt with a 30% chance she did it on purpose.

Depending on your media filter you may be totally in the 90% bracket that she did it on purpose.

I asked Irvine what percentage chance he might be wrong on the Global Warming Carbon theory. Never gave me an answer. Hell I would have taken 1%.

My point is everybody speaks with 100% certainty as to KAC's motives. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt with a 30% chance she did it on purpose.

Depending on your media filter you may be totally in the 90% bracket that she did it on purpose.

I asked Irvine what percentage chance he might be wrong on the Global Warming Carbon theory. Never gave me an answer. Hell I would have taken 1%.

This is not reality. This is bullshit. This is Trump mentality of if I don't like it, it's fake.

The woman told the same story 3 times(that we know of), so we know it's not a slip of words. Either it was a flat out lie on her part, or she was told a lie and she's too stupid to verify it.

Either way she told a lie and it was not a slip of words. This is not a matter of media filter. Either you understand this or you don't. If you don't there's no helping you. Please tell me you understand this?!

Oh, I'm sorry I'm not acting in exactly the manner and speed which you demand. If you'll notice, many of the people who had obviously racist posts in the history of the message board no longer post here. That's not an accident.

Thanks for saying I don't give a shit about racism to natives. Appreciate it.
it's literally a list of racial slurs. how much more offensive does a post need to get before something real is done about it?

this not bmp ignorantly trying to argue that black people are criminals simply because they're victims of "black culture". this is the exact equivalent of someone coming in here and making a couple dozen monkey jokes and slave puns *all in one post* to slur the obamas. i can say with 99% certainty that the reaction to that wouldn't be "we don't like that here, carry on now".

you're smart enough to know the difference in intent between racism that comes from a place of ignorance and racism that comes from a place of malice. this is very obviously the latter.

we're all okay with setting this precedent that the mod response to nakedly malicious racial slurs is going to just be "please stop that"?

it's literally a list of racial slurs. how much more offensive does a post need to get before something real is done about it?

this not bmp ignorantly trying to argue that black people are criminals simply because they're victims of "black culture". this is the exact equivalent of someone coming in here and making a couple dozen monkey jokes and slave puns *all in one post* to slur the obamas. i can say with 99% certainty that the reaction to that wouldn't be "we don't like that here, carry on now".

you're smart enough to know the difference in intent between racism that comes from a place of ignorance and racism that comes from a place of malice. this is very obviously the latter.

we're all okay with setting this precedent that the mod response to nakedly malicious racial slurs is going to just be "please stop that"?

Thanks for assuming that the only action I took was "please stop that." Check your PM.

:|

I must have missed that gem.

Same

And I missed that long list of oh-so-charming mock Native American names, too. Newsflash, Trump supporters? You're REALLY not helping the stereotypes those of us against Trump have of you when you make shitty posts like that. This sort of crap is why people are fed up with you guys, and why we keep saying that racism/xenophobia played a large role in Trump gaining the support he did.

BECAUSE SHE DID DO IT ON PURPOSE.

She knows exactly what she's doing by saying that stuff. For the love of all that is good, stop defending and excusing her.

maya-angelou-maya-angelou-when-someone-shows-you-who-they-are-believe.jpg

Thanks for assuming that the only action I took was "please stop that." Check your PM.

nope, not doing this over PMs. this is about your public response. i would like a public explanation of the following please:

1. why is a post that contains 25 malicious ethnic slurs still up, completely intact and unedited *hours* after the mods have been notified about it and the offense it's caused?

2. why is writing a post like that not an immediately ban-worthy offense under the forum rules? i know he hasn't been banned because his account has been active well after your last post stating that something else behind the scenes was done.

3. can you please give an example of a violation (related to post content) that *would* result in an immediate ban?

i want the rules for racist shitposts elicited clearly for future reference, please. the rather arbitrary way this kind of stuff is addressed is extremely frustrating.

Last edited:
nope, not doing this over PMs. this is about your public response. i would like a public explanation of the following please:

1. why is a post that contains 25 malicious ethnic slurs still up, completely intact and unedited *hours* after the mods have been notified about it and the offense it's caused?

2. why is writing a post like that not an immediately ban-worthy offense under the forum rules? i know he hasn't been banned because his account has been active well after your last post stating that something else behind the scenes was done.

3. can you please give an example of a violation (related to post content) that *would* result in an immediate ban?

i want the rules for racist shitposts elicited clearly for future reference, please. the arbitrary way this kind of stuff is addressed is extremely frustrating.

Being a racist has never been an immediate ban-worthy offense.

But I agree, according to the new FYM guidelines of removing such posts, it should be erased.

i want the rules for racist shitposts elicited clearly for future reference, please. the rather arbitrary way this kind of stuff is addressed is extremely frustrating.

No, we are not doing this in public. You overreacted, and I will not continue the spectacle.

I just need to say that I only just now realized that DaveC's avatar is Vincent Adultman from Bojack Horseman, and I love it.

Just so everyone knows my 2c on the subject, I think most people on this board know I identify as native American, though I'm only about 40% or so, and not registered.

The post REALLY offended me.

However I had chosen to not rise to Bloody Sundays bait any longer, and decided not to respond

Dave, just because someone didn't say something doesn't mean they weren't hurt.

You overreacted, and I will not continue the spectacle.

next time someone publicly slanders a part of my heritage, i'll make sure to check in with you to see how offended i am allowed to be :up:

I just need to say that I only just now realized that DaveC's avatar is Vincent Adultman from Bojack Horseman, and I love it.

i figured the location would give it away pretty quickly :lol:

Just so everyone knows my 2c on the subject, I think most people on this board know I identify as native American, though I'm only about 40% or so, and not registered.

The post REALLY offended me.

However I had chosen to not rise to Bloody Sundays bait any longer, and decided not to respond

Dave, just because someone didn't say something doesn't mean they weren't hurt.

fair enough. i don't know the percentages but my father's mother is half-Mi'kmaq and we know that my mom's great-grandfather was "an indian" (but no specifics). there are also natives and metis in the family tree but i don't know the specifics. i certainly don't have enough native blood in me or know enough specifics to claim any kind of status. i'm mostly irish through my grandfather and my family considers its canadian start to be when two irish orphans arrived in the 1800s to be put to work on a farm in ontario. so for simplicity's sake i say i have irish heritage when anyone asks me, but i'm really just a mutt.

it just hurts me immensely to see how racism against first nations and native people is just so easily ignored or dismissed or laughed at, whereas the reaction if that was nearly any other race would have been outrage. i don't mean specifically here, it's absolutely everywhere and it really wears me down sometimes. i can only imagine how hurtful it must be for someone who is full-blooded, or even just "looks more native" (if you'll excuse the phrasing) than i do.

anyways it diemen is just outright deleting my comments on this now (my previous post was edited to "." and i didn't do it) so i guess i just have no choice but to stop "overreacting" and creating a spectacle over genocide puns.

Last edited:
I'm with Howard Stern, I don't think Trump wanted to win.....and is completely out of his element. I actually cannot help but feel a little sorry for him. Guess it's the highly sensitive person trait in me kicking in

I'm with Howard Stern, I don't think Trump wanted to win.....and is completely out of his element. I actually cannot help but feel a little sorry for him. Guess it's the highly sensitive person trait in me kicking in

I don't feel sorry for him at all. He could have surrounded himself with competent, well-respected people, but instead he opted for a clown show.

next time someone publicly slanders a part of my heritage, i'll make sure to check in with you to see how offended i am allowed to be :up:

anyways it diemen is just outright deleting my comments on this now (my previous post was edited to "." and i didn't do it) so i guess i just have no choice but to stop "overreacting" and creating a spectacle over genocide puns.

I have given you PLENTY of chances. If you want to discuss something, there's a better way than to ignore my PMs and publicly escalate at every opportunity.

FOR THE RECORD, beyond obvious spamming/trolling, there is no defined "immediately bannable" offenses. Even if someone posts overtly racist things, they are given a second chance. The standard policy for something deemed overtly racist/sexist/offensive is a warning and/or timeout, followed with the admonition that if the behavior continues on their return, it will turn into a permanent ban. That includes if someone decides to make bigoted jokes about your heritage, my heritage or anyone else's heritage.

No one is banned immediately for one racist post (unless that post comes after a host of other issues and the poster has previously been temp banned). Sorry. Continued racism after being warned the initial time gets you banned. If they come back from the ban and don't post any more racist stuff, problem solved - they've learned that racism is unacceptable here and they need to engage in a better way. If not, then they're gone.

As for the racist posts themselves, it would help if somebody, ANYBODY, would report them when they see them. And though it was/is controversial, the policy of deletion does apply to those kinds of posts.

Also, for the record, from the FAQ:

If you have been warned by the administrators on more than one occasion to not personally attack other members of the forum, or for any other reasons, and do not agree to comply, you may be banned. Name calling is absolutely not allowed. Members who do not listen to moderator/admin warnings and continue to carry on after a mod has warned them in the thread(s),may be temporarily suspended from one or all of the forums for a week or longer, depending on what they did and how they cooperate during the suspension.

I agree he didn't think he'd win (remember how he was going to start TrumpTV to capitalize after, and there was even a space in his press row marked TrumpTV), I don't venue think he started with any idea that he'd win the Republican nomination... this isn't his first rodeo. He has run before, and everyone pretty much accepted it as a publicity stunt and ignored him... Because, ya know, he has zero business being anywhere near the White House and all.

and he's obviously out of his element, that's undeniable. Only the staunchest of Trump sheep would deny that (tick tock tick tock)

But feel sorry for him? Fuck no. He could have ended this at any time. He ran with it, and along the line I think his ego allowed himself to be convinced that he could actually do the thing (newsflash, he can't).

He allowed himself to be an empty vessel for the worst of the worst, and have given them emense power. He has put this nation in peril.

Fuck him and the iron pyrite plated horse he rode in on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom