Trump General Discussion VII - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-28-2017, 07:16 AM   #801
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,047
Local Time: 02:58 AM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.170be17f6648

Quote:
"I think that President Obama is behind it because his people certainly are behind it," Trump said. "In terms of him being behind things, that's politics. It will probably continue."
__________________

__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 08:31 AM   #802
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 08:58 PM
mentally fucking ill

Delusion and paranoia coupled with the emotional intelligence of a 7 year old; that seems like a good combination to have behind the controls of the world's largest nuclear arsenal.

Great job conned, no really
__________________

BVS is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #803
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Great job conned, no really
they've gone pretty quiet around these parts haven't they?
mama cass is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:04 AM   #804
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
they've gone pretty quiet around these parts haven't they?


Well at least one I know is banned, another is posting memes in the alt-right corners of the internet, one said he was going to engage so I'm just assuming he misplaced his computer, and another ran out of s to give.

The silence is not surprising. I don't think there are many supporters willing or able to engage anymore, not just in here but pretty much everywhere. They prefer their echo chambers and their soapbox media.

I've pretty much given up at this point. Discussion is dead, and they will die with their heads in the sand. My only hope is that the other majority in this country resist and find a way to fight this without harming their cause.
BVS is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #805
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
they've gone pretty quiet around these parts haven't they?
Unfortunately most (but not all) of our active conservative friends were more interested in trolling than engaging in good faith.
Diemen is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:09 AM   #806
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,132
Local Time: 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salome View Post
yea he looks like a guy who's been on top of things since he left office...





if 8 years of the presidency put 20 years on Obama's face, a month and a half out of the presidency has taken that 20 years back.
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:17 AM   #807
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,644
Local Time: 05:58 PM
The hell are Ruffalo and Tony Shalhoub doing in a room together...
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #808
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,470
Local Time: 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well at least one I know is banned, another is posting memes in the alt-right corners of the internet, one said he was going to engage so I'm just assuming he misplaced his computer, and another ran out of s to give.

The silence is not surprising. I don't think there are many supporters willing or able to engage anymore, not just in here but pretty much everywhere. They prefer their echo chambers and their soapbox media.

I've pretty much given up at this point. Discussion is dead, and they will die with their heads in the sand. My only hope is that the other majority in this country resist and find a way to fight this without harming their cause.
You should see the Yahoo boards! It's like a magnet for trump supporters and they still mostly all whine about Benghazi lol
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:18 AM   #809
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,440
Local Time: 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
maybe the lib dems will have a chance though, anything but the tories (or ukip!)


Doesn't it just seem like the liberal democrats are a dying breed?
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:19 AM   #810
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Unfortunately most (but not all) of our active conservative friends were more interested in trolling than engaging in good faith.
it sure is a whole lot less stressful without the trolling, thanks Diemen
mama cass is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:25 AM   #811
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,470
Local Time: 01:58 AM
I just watched a very cool cool documentary called erasing hate about a former white supremacist who changed his life around and went through 25 extreame painful procedures to remove all the tattoos from his face. Painfull to watch but it certainly gave me a little hope for humanity! The guy went through hell and back to change his ways both with the extreamely painful procedures and the many death threats he got after leaving his gang. Certainly an interesting watch!
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:25 AM   #812
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 02:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Doesn't it just seem like the liberal democrats are a dying breed?
i don't think so - they're still pretty strong in some areas of the UK, and won one of the recent by-elections i believe... i reckon they look pretty sane compared to the Tories and Labour right now... i always voted labour in the past - i even signed up to the Labour party in the confusion after Brexit but cancelled my membership pretty much immediately as i did a U-turn on supporting Corbyn... am embarrassed for Labour and would definitely consider the Lib Dems now (although i no longer have the vote in the UK)
mama cass is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 09:40 AM   #813
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,440
Local Time: 09:58 PM
I'll vote for you.

I mean, I would vote for a liberal democrat in principle. Recent voting results just seem to suggest that the U.K. is headed towards the same bullshit two party environment we are in in the US. I hope not.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 02-28-2017, 11:28 AM   #814
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
another is posting memes in the alt-right corners of the internet, .
Along with Newtown/Sandy Hook conspiracies.

It's like you think you've hit rock bottom but then you hear somebody knocking down below.
anitram is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 12:10 PM   #815
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post


if 8 years of the presidency put 20 years on Obama's face, a month and a half out of the presidency has taken that 20 years back.
Wow, it sure has.

That's a really cool photo . Much as I miss the hell out of Obama, I'm glad to see/hear that he and his family are looking so relaxed and happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
I just watched a very cool cool documentary called erasing hate about a former white supremacist who changed his life around and went through 25 extreame painful procedures to remove all the tattoos from his face. Painfull to watch but it certainly gave me a little hope for humanity! The guy went through hell and back to change his ways both with the extreamely painful procedures and the many death threats he got after leaving his gang. Certainly an interesting watch!
I think I've heard about that guy-might've read an article about him or somebody like him once.

That's really admirable. A good reminder that not all hope is lost and people can change.

On the flip side of that, however...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Along with Newtown/Sandy Hook conspiracies.
...are you serious?

Somebody who came to these boards is honestly peddling that bullshit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
It's like you think you've hit rock bottom but then you hear somebody knocking down below.
No kidding. Wow . That's...hideously pathetic. And that's about the most polite way I can put it.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 12:43 PM   #816
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,956
Local Time: 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
...are you serious?

Somebody who came to these boards is honestly peddling that bullshit?

No kidding. Wow . That's...hideously pathetic. And that's about the most polite way I can put it.
same guy that was questioning whether we were all "100% sure (comet ping pong) is an innocent pizza parlor?": http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ml#post8136223

to be fair i don't think he *actually* posted any sandy hook conspiracy theories, but i definitely think i remember him saying something like "we should question the official story".
DaveC is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #817
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 01:58 AM
yeah, cause triangles
BEAL is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #818
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
same guy that was questioning whether we were all "100% sure (comet ping pong) is an innocent pizza parlor?": http://www.u2interference.com/forums...ml#post8136223

to be fair i don't think he *actually* posted any sandy hook conspiracy theories, but i definitely think i remember him saying something like "we should question the official story".
Oh he's definitely peddled some of the conspiracy theories (and theorists) elsewhere.
anitram is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 01:29 PM   #819
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 09:58 PM
What's been illuminating about the Trump administration is that the public is getting familiar with complete lunatics who sit in Congress, many of them being members of the House Freedom Caucus (would you like fries with that?). The absurdities that these people are willing to peddle publicly, and not just on behalf of Trump, but themselves as they are true believers are astounding.

Take Congressman Trent Franks who was making the rounds last week talking about how illegal immigrants could smuggle nukes into the country inside bales of marijuana. You have to be some sort of an idiot to believe in such a thing. So little Honduran Jose is going to be swimming across the rio grande with a 250-300 lb nuclear warhead wrapped in marijuana strapped to his back? And then what, he's going to walk through Laredo and hand it off to Mohammed, the Somali refugee on the corner in front of a 7/11?
anitram is offline  
Old 02-28-2017, 03:34 PM   #820
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 64,498
Local Time: 06:58 PM
It's Obama's fault for the leaks. It's the military's fault for the SEAL's death in Yemen.

RIP "The Buck Stops Here"
__________________

corianderstem is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×