Trump General Discussion VII - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2017, 03:47 PM   #741
War Child

Local Time: 02:39 AM
Trump wants to expand US nuclear arsenal....

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1622IF?il=0

WTF, the US could destroy the whole world many time over with the nuclear weapons they already have!

Old 02-23-2017, 03:57 PM   #742
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Reason #8484727217191901 in a series as to why I will NEVER forgive Trump voters.

Undocumented woman with brain tumor removed from hospital - NY Daily News
Trump would rather see people die than to allow those very ill to get the care they need! It's just who he is. Ie a moron! And his supporters complain about Benghazi. How hypocritical!

Old 02-23-2017, 04:32 PM   #743
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
We don't require voters to actually educate themselves on the issues. So can I forgive someone who made an informed decision based on soundbites? Especially those who show some regret now that they actually see this ineptitude in action? Sure. Can I forgive a friend who is a Republican and thought Trump would moderate? Fine.

But I'd be lying if I said I haven't cut myself off from some of the "true believers."
The cousin who was terribly cruel to me after the election finally apologized last week, and was just like, "It was this whole crazy election. But you know you're family and I love you more than the world, cuz." and I'm like, yeah....that whole zany election's now past us so I'm able to just move on. They think of it as a fucking team sport and think that now that I'm over my "team" losing, it's all good. I just nodded my head and was like, 'Back atcha' and just moved on. I'm talking to her a little, but every time I do I feel sick inside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Haha, fucking hell, the irony is pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
Trump wants to expand US nuclear arsenal....

Exclusive: Trump wants to expand U.S. nuclear arsenal, make it 'top of the pack' | Reuters

WTF, the US could destroy the whole world many time over with the nuclear weapons they already have!
THIS! I've never understood what good having more nukes does. There's like, a set number of nukes you could ever need and then you literally need no more nukes because there will be no one left to use them on.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:05 PM   #744
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post

Yep

EVERYTHING this administration is doing is shining a light on every single hypocrisy of the right.

Good job conned
Old 02-23-2017, 05:39 PM   #745
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
A question for Americans who don't support Trump: Have you been able to maintain friendships with people who voted to take healthcare away from others?
I don't really personally know anyone who voted for such things-there's my relatives who supported Trump, but I don't see them often enough and am hardly ever on Facebook enough to interact with them, so I just sigh when I hear about them supporting the GOP and move on.

But I will say that the healthcare issue, and the GOP's attitude on it, has been one of the biggest reasons I cannot respect or support them. Their attitude on it has seriously pissed me off so much. It's based on nothing but coldness and ignorance and selfishness.

And I will never forget that primary debate a number of years back, before Obamacare was officially a thing, where the moderator asked the GOP candidates on stage what should happen to people who can't afford healthcare, if they should die...and some in the crowd CHEERED at that. Given what my family had been going through at that time, that hit me especially hard and had me so fucking angry I wanted to punch my TV screen.

I just...I don't get how people can think that way. I don't get how people think it's okay for somebody to not be able to afford to go to a doctor, to just live with health issues because they don't have the money to treat them. How heartless do you have to be to think that's acceptable?

That article on the Muslim woman who worked in the White House was a good read, too. Eyeopening and heartbreaking. Especially this part:

Quote:
When Trump first called for a Muslim ban, reports of hate crimes against Muslims spiked. The trend of anti-Muslim hate crimes is ongoing, as mosques are set on fire and individuals attacked––six were killed at a mosque in Canada by a self-identified Trump supporter.

Throughout 2015 and 2016, I watched with disbelief, apprehension, and anxiety, as Trump’s style of campaigning instigated fear and emboldened xenophobes, anti-Semites, and Islamophobes. While cognizant of the possibility of Trump winning, I hoped a majority of the electorate would never condone such a hateful and divisive worldview.

During the campaign last February, Obama visited a Baltimore mosque and reminded the public that “we’re one American family, and when any part of our family starts to feel separate … It’s a challenge to our values.” His words would go unheeded by his successor.

The climate in 2016 felt like it did just after 9/11. What made it worse was that this fear and hatred were being fueled by Americans in positions of power. Fifth-grade students at a local Sunday school where I volunteered shared stories of being bullied by classmates and teachers, feeling like they didn’t belong here anymore, and asked if they might get kicked out of this country if Trump won. I was almost hit by a car by a white man laughing as he drove by in a Costco parking lot, and on another occasion was followed out of the metro by a man screaming profanities: “Fuck you! Fuck Islam! Trump will send you back!”
Hey, Trump supporters? This is why what your president says matters. This is why you shouldn't brush off their xenophobic comments as "just jokes" or "Oh, they didn't really mean it." This shit has repercussions, for God's sake.

And yet, her desire to hold on to the values America stands for is inspiring, too. I hope she continues to do great work in other ways in this country.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #746
Blue Crack Distributor

so look... honestly... this guy was either an AWFUL businessman, corrupt and skimming off the top like it's nobody's business, or both.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:39 PM   #747
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
do you reckon he's so crazy he would press the nuclear button just to spite the whole world if he got impeached? i feel so uneasy that the thought has even crossed my mind

oh gee thanks for this, mamac

stay strong
Old 02-23-2017, 10:16 PM   #748
Rock n' Roll Doggie

just curious.. I know one of our resident trump supporters got banned, but di the other one get banned too? Seems awfully quiet from him lol.
Old 02-23-2017, 10:31 PM   #749
Blue Crack Supplier

Headache- thanks for reminding me about the whole process of actually having nukes be launched... (vs "the button") but then again, I was 9 during the Cuban Missle Crisis previous to the WH - Kremlin
Hotline

Still Trump & nukes in the same sentence.... lord have mercy!

And thanks for the 25th Amendment (info) link.
-----------------

I had not seen the photos of the toppled tombstones so horrible!

And like omg pick on someone your own damn size(!!!) harassing trans kids about using their birth gender bathroom

omg... They removed this undocumented woman w a brain tumor from a hospital!?!!??!
That is So Wrong!!!!!

and that poor man who just committed suicide?
Old 02-23-2017, 10:36 PM   #750
Blue Crack Supplier

Going home and heading for Distraction City!

Stay Strong, people!
Old 02-24-2017, 03:54 AM   #751
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:39 AM
Old 02-24-2017, 08:28 AM   #752
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:39 PM
Indian American Engineer Fatally Shot in Kansas in Alleged Hate Crime
Old 02-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #753
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:39 PM
Right after the election I commented here how I have an Indian-Canadian friend who happened to be in the US at the time and she was feeling petrified walking down the street because of what certain people were now emboldened to yell out, say, etc. And this is a professional person married to a white man with biracial children, upper middle class, highly successful, etc. At that time Oregoropa was trying to convince us all that these people have nothing to fear and that they are afraid b/c we are fear mongering. Like it's all in their heads.

Needless to say she's come back home since then.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:40 AM   #754
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Trumerica, you suck.

I want my country back.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:44 AM   #755
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:39 AM
"blue collar" workers are getting shafted too

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...man-blackstone
Old 02-24-2017, 10:45 AM   #756
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Anyone else have the hairs on the back of their neck raise listening to Bannon yesterday? Like in a, I just heard pure evil speak, way?
Old 02-24-2017, 11:02 AM   #757
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Anyone else have the hairs on the back of their neck raise listening to Bannon yesterday? Like in a, I just heard pure evil speak, way?
He fully admitted that Trump's cabinet picks were chosen with a goal of deconstructing the agencies they would be heading.

But Obama was the real authoritarian threat.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #758
The Fly

Yes, Bannon, is I agree a demonic presence in that group of people. Some can be forgiven for being banal and uneducated in the broadest sense of the word. Bannon is not in that category. There is a methodical and premeditated creepiness to what he's trying to accomplish. Basically, he appears to be a true anarchist in the sense that he hopes to metaphorically blow up the system in order to usher in his "benevolent" theocracy. He is using Trump of course, and Trump is too self-centered, greedy, and willfully uninformed to know it. Our only hope is that their tremendously large egos will soon clash and that Bannon will be unceremoniously tossed out. Not that that will greatly improve things, of course, but it will at least get rid of the pseudo-intellectual mastermind who will probably quite methodically start a major confrontation in order to create his new world order. If you haven't already, read up on Bannon's views. Sorry, you may not sleep well at night afterwards.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:52 AM   #759
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post

THIS! I've never understood what good having more nukes does. There's like, a set number of nukes you could ever need and then you literally need no more nukes because there will be no one left to use them on.

Let's cut funding for things people actually need so we can spend more money on nukes we literally do not need. That's how you make your military stronger, you build up the number of nukes so you can blow up the whole planet 500,000 times over instead of just the paltry however many times we already have the nukes for! America is gonna be so great guys, we'll be able to destroy our country (and everyone else's countries) way better than anyone else.
Old 02-24-2017, 12:48 PM   #760
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I think we all need a giant tub of lube, and grease up daily as it's going to be a long, long, long Presidency.

I do not know how he gets impeached. There is nothing the GOP will do, a few may break ranks, but not enough. Hell, I don't even trust the Dems to be able to unify. It's not one of their strengths.