Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope. They could pleasantly surprise me and be actual decent human beings for once with this mess, but I'm not holding my breath.

We need to really press upon the Democrats to fight back. They need to grow their own spine and be ruthless in calling this shit out and going after Trump. Their action won't sway Trump supporters one bit-it's abundantly clear that crowd's a lost cause at this point-but for the rest of us out there who didn't support Trump, it'd be refreshing to see somebody actually doing something about this, or at least trying to.

Their absolute failure to govern should be a lesson to all, this is what you get when you have them at every level of government. They are obstructionists, not actually proactive at getting anything done.

Yeah, well, when your entire party runs on a platform of, "Limited/no federal government interference! Leave everything to the states!", it shouldn't be surprising we wind up with shit like this.

I've said before how strange it is that people who claim to be so against the federal government would want to take a job IN said federal government. This is a perfect example of why that's a bad idea.

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, at times discussing sensitive matters and homeland security issues, and the account was hacked last summer, the Indianapolis Star reported on Thursday.

Emails released to the Indianapolis Start in response to a public records request show Pence communicated via his personal AOL account with top advisers on topics ranging from security gates at the governor’s residence to the state’s response to terrorism attacks across the globe, the newspaper reported.

I saw something earlier that suspected Trumps unsecured android tablet is a source of leaks. But lock her up right?

this is a huge huge worry... i haven't seen anything from Susan Sarandon, for example, on the issue, since her interview immediately before the election when she said she couldn't vote for Hilary even though she hated Trump but was sure she would win so didn't need her vote - i wonder how she feels now? i thought it was really irresponsible of her to use her position like that...

speak of the devil... https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...interview-hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-feud

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence used a private email account to conduct public business as governor of Indiana, at times discussing sensitive matters and homeland security issues, and the account was hacked last summer, the Indianapolis Star reported on Thursday.

Emails released to the Indianapolis Start in response to a public records request show Pence communicated via his personal AOL account with top advisers on topics ranging from security gates at the governor’s residence to the state’s response to terrorism attacks across the globe, the newspaper reported.

Lock him up! Lock him up!

You really couldn't credibly make this stuff up.

These are the worst possible people to be running the country.

It would appear that the sky is the limit with republicans in terms of stupidity! The democrats are showing not to be much better either although they do have the excuse that they are outnumbered and don't have much power to do much. What I see is a bunch of cowards on both sides that rather do nothing and let trump and his cons do whatever they like. I used to believe that maybe impeachment was possible after 2018 midterm elections if the dems win a majority. But now I don't even think this is possible. I am starting to think that trump will get his full term and wouldn't even surprise me if he gets a second term! Nothing surprises me anymore!

Pence had to use his AOL account, otherwise he wouldn't have known when he got mail. That you've got mail guy doesn't come along with just any email address.

Is there no limit to Republican hypocrisy?

To show you the depth of hypocrisy and the complete detachment from reality that afflicts many of the true believers, this is (unfortunately) a direct, unedited quote from one of my relatives, who is of the 'Hillary Clinton is pure evil and would have been the death knell for liberty and democracy,' 'George Soros is the puppetmaster behind the democratic party and its true mission of destroying individual liberty and religious freedom' and the like (emphasis mine to highlight the particularly hypocritical statements):

Sorry you've bought all the Left talking points... You and I differ as to who has been lying to the American public - and continues to lie: the Democratic Left - for 8 years, and decades before...

You seem to be more of a leftist than you realize, and you have your liberal/leftist media to thank for steering you away from truth...and right where they want you ... and to thank for misinforming you about the depth of outrage over Obama's destructive leftist policies and his systematic implementation of his promised "fundamental transformation."

The Democratic leadership - and their propaganda arm Leftist press - purposefully steered clear of this reality for fear of endangering BHO's sacred "legacy." So, instead the Left has fabricated the complete lie of a Russian connection - because fabricating fake news seems to work with their loyal followers rather well... [ed: 1]

The leftist Democratic Party chose to totally disregard the reality that an increasing number of people were NOT happy with what BHO was doing to the nation, especially to Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Religion... discontent was growing way before Trump was ever nominated...

But because the Left was so enamored with Obama and his leftist legacy, it thought the rest of us would not mind another 4 years of the same, when in fact the rest of us only saw - the nail in the coffin for Liberty if Hillary was elected and another Leftist SC Justice was appointed.

And that is what the Left got wrong and does not understand: Religious Liberty and Freedom of speech for ALL absolutely MATTERS[ed: 2], and always will... Because the Left misunderstands how basic these freedoms are and how close we came to loosing them,ed: 3] it continues to blame everyone except the people who misled them for so long by not reporting the truth: the real concerns of the disregarded "silent majority." - and the relentless denigration of those who opposed the leftist Democratic agenda... Well your opposition decided: Silent no more! And we're not going to let the Left's lies go unchallenged - not now, not ever.

Regardless of Left's distractions aimed at taking the spotlight off their lies[ed: 4] and attempts to undermine the rights of the current legitimately elected administration, the actual fight is for Liberty - not the Left's narrow interpretation of it - and we the people know it in our bones...

Personal attacks and ridicule for our faith-based or patriotic positions have no effect. We're used to it. We know what we stand for and why... The Constitution, Rule of Law, and Liberty MATTER. Absolute Truth is knowable and MATTERS. Assuring a future free of government tyranny and oppression - for our children and grandchildren and future generations - MATTERS.[ed: 5] The fight is worth it and with faith, winnable - simply because it is not self-serving...not for the benefit of a few select groups, but is a fight for the common good.

There's no illusion on our side. The support and will is greater than all the plans of the desperate Left... Vile efforts to discredit are no match for truth. And truth WILL come out - in spite of the Leftist media's efforts to conceal...[ed: 6]

1. Barack Obama is a Muslim foreigner, Benghazi, Hillary has no stamina, pizza shop sex rings... (all things this relative has parroted, btw)

2. What about the religious freedom of Muslims? What about freedom of speech for the press? Or liberal protestors?

3. Silence while religious tests are implemented for entry into our country. Silence while the freedom of the press is directly attacked by the president. Thank God we avoided losing any of our basic freedoms!

4. Yes, the Republicans never attempt to distract anyone from their lies.

5. Muslims and dark skinned immigrants (including those previously assured safe residency in this country) might not be feeling completely free from government tyranny and oppression at the moment.

6. Woooooooow. No illusion whatsoever.

These people are, unfortunately, completely unreachable. I should also point out that this relative expressed skepticism about Trump prior to the general election, but has since fallen in line like a good Republican soldier and now brooks no challenge against our dear leader.

That's terrifying, just imagine living in that constant state of paranoia. It's like a cult.

I have said from the beginning that there is a significant chunk of the population that is beyond reach. It is utterly pointless to try to reach them or meet them halfway, or even understand them. The only non-Hillary voters who could be of any assistance are:

1. The 1% who voted for tax cuts and are riding high on the stock market currently but will either sour when the inevitable recession rolls in or will start to worry about the stability of the economy.

2. People who voted for Trump but will be hit directly by one of his policies and will sour on him. The ACA repeal has the potential to run up the numbers here somewhat, that's if the GOP actually gets around to repealing it at all.

3. People who voted for third parties.

4. People who did not vote at all.

When did "leftist" become a name to call people? I've only noticed it since the election. It's better than "libtard," I guess.

I'm sure it's perfectly ok with republicans for pence to use his personal email but God forbid Clinton uses her personal email! That's a big nono!

They've all gone into fairly detailed rationalizations of how private e-mails on AOL are different than e-mails on private servers.

In the words of their Saint Ronald Reagan, if you're explaining, you're losing.

ehh i definitely think this one is being blown up a bit bigger than it really is.

pence was a state governor who would rarely if ever have access to classified info and from what i'm reading it seems he didn't discuss any of that in his emails. whereas clinton was secretary of state who would have had access whenever she wanted it to more classified information than just about anyone else in the country.

although i still say hillary has gotten a seriously raw deal in her case, that's a substantial enough difference in my mind that i don't think the situations are comparable, certainly far from equivalent like some are proclaiming it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom