Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[TWEET]834834102763266050[/TWEET]

If it didn't say Sheriff you'd think it was a soldier in Afghanistan or Iraq.
The NoDAPL camp has now been cleared.
Trump really is a man of action.

Right after the election I commented here how I have an Indian-Canadian friend who happened to be in the US at the time and she was feeling petrified walking down the street because of what certain people were now emboldened to yell out, say, etc. And this is a professional person married to a white man with biracial children, upper middle class, highly successful, etc. At that time Oregoropa was trying to convince us all that these people have nothing to fear and that they are afraid b/c we are fear mongering. Like it's all in their heads.

Needless to say she's come back home since then.

Anyone else have the hairs on the back of their neck raise listening to Bannon yesterday? Like in a, I just heard pure evil speak, way?

Anyone else have the hairs on the back of their neck raise listening to Bannon yesterday? Like in a, I just heard pure evil speak, way?

He fully admitted that Trump's cabinet picks were chosen with a goal of deconstructing the agencies they would be heading.

But Obama was the real authoritarian threat.

:gah:

Yes, Bannon, is I agree a demonic presence in that group of people. Some can be forgiven for being banal and uneducated in the broadest sense of the word. Bannon is not in that category. There is a methodical and premeditated creepiness to what he's trying to accomplish. Basically, he appears to be a true anarchist in the sense that he hopes to metaphorically blow up the system in order to usher in his "benevolent" theocracy. He is using Trump of course, and Trump is too self-centered, greedy, and willfully uninformed to know it. Our only hope is that their tremendously large egos will soon clash and that Bannon will be unceremoniously tossed out. Not that that will greatly improve things, of course, but it will at least get rid of the pseudo-intellectual mastermind who will probably quite methodically start a major confrontation in order to create his new world order. If you haven't already, read up on Bannon's views. Sorry, you may not sleep well at night afterwards.

THIS! I've never understood what good having more nukes does. There's like, a set number of nukes you could ever need and then you literally need no more nukes because there will be no one left to use them on.

Let's cut funding for things people actually need so we can spend more money on nukes we literally do not need. That's how you make your military stronger, you build up the number of nukes so you can blow up the whole planet 500,000 times over instead of just the paltry however many times we already have the nukes for! America is gonna be so great guys, we'll be able to destroy our country (and everyone else's countries) way better than anyone else.

I think we all need a giant tub of lube, and grease up daily as it's going to be a long, long, long Presidency.

I do not know how he gets impeached. There is nothing the GOP will do, a few may break ranks, but not enough. Hell, I don't even trust the Dems to be able to unify. It's not one of their strengths.

I think Bono's meeting with Mike Pence was a gamble in the sense that he's betting 1) that Pence may be at least half sane and may therefore (theoretically at least) be persuaded by reasonable argument and facts; and that 2) Pence may soon be the president. I think people should take that meeting for what it was: an acknowledgement by Bono that Pence may yet be useful.

The other media organizations need to boycott as well.

CNN and the others would be back the next day, guaranteed.

Associated Press and Time Magazine boycotted.

Time for the others to grow a pair.

Nice statement by the directors nominated for Best Foreign Language Film at the Oscars.
[tweet]835274265620443136[/tweet]

I've started to not read Trumps Twitter anymore and generally avoid all news about him. It's not doing my blood pressure or anxiety any good, can't take a constant 4 years of it!

I've started to not read Trumps Twitter anymore and generally avoid all news about him. It's not doing my blood pressure or anxiety any good, can't take a constant 4 years of it!

People always tell me off for "ignoring" him. All campaign. All election. As though it's the equivalent to acceptance of the new norm, or appeasement.

You're appeasing him when you engage. And, yeah, it's frustrating doing so.

I prefer to take my Orange Douchebag news through reading rather than television. That way I can stop in an instant. Television is too nausea-inducing these days.

@realDonaldTrump

I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!

Hahaha! Snowflake!

Imagine you are a member of the United States military deployed on the front lines confronting ISIS or other terrorist threats. Suddenly you get a desperate phone call from home — Immigration and Customs Enforcement has arrested your family and they’re facing deportation.

Think it can’t happen? Think again. Think Trump.

The Trump administration’s draconian and hastily drafted immigration orders rescind a key protection for military families so that now even military spouses and children can be rounded up and deported. This will weaken our armed forces. It will harm thousands of military families. And it’s wrong.

Trump order drops protection for families of deployed military - The San Diego Union-Tribune

The Republican party: The first to say "Our troops!", the last to actually care.

“He used to be the one leaking!” Ms. Stasi pointed out on Friday from her office at The Daily News, where she is a columnist. “He was leaking about himself. He would call up with fake accents and pretend it wasn’t him. He would tell us 100 times: ‘Now listen, I’m going to tell you something, but it didn’t come from me.’”

Linda Stasi, who chronicled Mr. Trump’s up-and-down marriage to Marla Maples in the 1990s for two New York papers, said she could have predicted the presidential agita. “He would plant stories and he would get mad if they didn’t come out exactly as he wanted,” she recalled of earlier dealings with Mr. Trump. “It never occurred to him that he couldn’t control everything.”

Now, Ms. Stasi said, “he is shocked that he is not in control of the press.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/25/us/politics/trump-press-conflict.html

@realDonaldTrump

I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!

Hahaha! Snowflake!

He will be the first president to skip the dinner since Ronald Reagan in 1981, who missed the dinner while recovering from an assassination attempt, but still delivered remarks over the phone.

Donald Trump Says He Will Not Attend the White House Correspondents' Dinner | Hollywood Reporter

snowflake indeed. there are rumours (heard on reddit, so take that however you will) that alec baldwin may be invited to perform in character, in lieu of the guest of "honour".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom