Trump General Discussion VII - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-17-2017, 01:57 PM   #501
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,132
Local Time: 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Now that I have been gone for a few days and had a chance to think things out. Yeah its a little difficult to respond to people when you are temp banned but I guess that is part of the point isn't it?

I'm having to play catch up so you will excuse me for the bombardment of posts.

First and foremost
I will not apologize for the post I made. To the person that found those nicknames offensive I ask you
this....Why do you think those nicknames came about? You have someone who lied about their heritage and
to this day is being called out on it in a humorous way. You say you were offended....OK well my next question to you is as
far as politically incorrect humor where is the line? Classic Films like Blazing Saddles would have never been made
if our culture changed something about it every time someone was offended....I'm sorry but that is not the way
the world works. My post was coming from a place of humor ala politically incorrect humor but still humor.

A lot of the time being offended is often cover for not liking someone elses views. My post was not to be racist despite
how its being taken but rather to poke fun at someone who is a fraud....Even CNN has said that Warren should apologize for claiming to be Native American when she very clearly is not.


That said I will be a bit more careful about the humor I post as I would like to stay and I like engaging the other
side because it is what keeps the dialogue going despite the fact some on the left and actually some on the right
would much rather shut down the dialogue because it doesn't agree with what they stand for....How many times have you
laughed at something in a film or spoken by a comedian that might have been offensive to someone else? I bet you at
least more then a few times.

I've had a chance to look at some of the posts since I was temporarily banned and I would like to bring up some points.
BVS - You said Trumpets are and will always be on the wrong side of history.....Who decides that? You? Why because you
feel like Trump voters ruined your little utopia? I got news for you......America was faced with a very difficult decision.
Elect someone who didn't have any political experience to someone who had experience but the wrong experience. Someone who
doesn't have a honest bone in their body. Most voters voted and decided that Hillary's vision of America was not what
they wanted and would rather put their faith in a political unknown....THINK ABOUT THAT! Americans would rather put a
celebrity in the white house with no political history than Hillary Clinton. You want another Democratic president?
Pick a moderate....Someone that appeals to independents as well. Your last choice didn't appeal to anyone minus
the Democratic party. Oh and saying Trump voters a lot of which were independents are on the wrong side of history?
Sorry thats not going to bring you any more friends to your side.

Bono 212 - You say you won't rise to my bait any more? What bait? Please tell me what worm I am dangling in front of you?
I am on the other side and more times than not I won't agree with you....A lot of my points are blunt but that is the point.
Why sugar coat something? If we only hear what we want to hear then maybe giant bubbles should be mandatory for every person
on this planet so heaven forbid you have to respond or listen to something you don't like. And the post you were offended by
was politically incorrect nicknames once again of a woman who faked native American heritage for political gain? Am I reading
that right?

Well I guess I must be the ironic racist as we had a town benefit for Standing Rock at my house and my family are very good friends
with representatives of the Northern Ute here. Ill gladly post photos if you don't believe me....But yup I'm racist.

I am of Polish & Irish descent with believe it or not a little bit of Arab in there(Turkey, azerbaijan region.) I've been
called a variety of names during my time on this planet..Lot of Polish jokes....A lot..It doesn't bother me..
..In fact I welcome it because what it does is allow a conversation to form..Not always but sometimes...That is how I view things like that......I've laughed
at things like Achmed The Dead Terrorist. Something that while politically incorrect lots of people find funny. Look
at shows like South Park. They don't hold back....They poke fun at everything and everyone and have faced their own
backlash from time to time. That said there is a difference between humor and straight racism but if you can't see
the difference I'm sorry dear you take yourself way too seriously. At some point claming something is offensive is
just using that as a crutch to protect yourself from someone elses view because you don't like it.


Now the point I made earlier in the Trump discussion which someone took out of context was about the Django Unchained dolls that
were pulled because someone found them racist. I ask again what made the dolls racist but the film was perfectly OK?
These figures represent a not so wonderful time in our history....Oh a time I might add that the Democrats fought to keep
in place. But they were from a fictional film. Someone compared those to if someone came out with Holocaust dolls to put
on the general market....Most likely no such item would ever come to market because you are comparing
something of reality to characters from a movie Yes someone can find them offensive but just because you find them offensive doesn't mean you
demand they be pulled from everyone else who find them while politically incorrect OK.....

Ill go back in time a little. Do you remember the fight over censorship? Tipper Gore and the PMRC's crusade to stamp
out filthy music because rather than look at their own parenting skills they would rather blame Prince or a rap group.
The Parental guidance sticker was not the PMRC's goal initially it was to get this music pulled from the marketplace.

Look at Grand Theft Auto. They wanted that game pulled because of its content....News flash its not for a 7 year old kid!

Look at the aftermath of Columbine....The media wanted to blame everything from video games to music to movies.....Explain
to me how that makes any sense?

Yes its a far cry from those dolls but at some point demanding this gets pulled and that gets pulled because you find it
offensive it becomes censorship.

At some point we as a nation need to have a conversation on what really is too far over the line when it comes to things
like that and what point is it just censorship?

In the end like I said earlier I will be a little bit more careful about the type of humor I post but in the end
it was posted in humor and not meant to be upsetting. Again I will be a little more understanding going forward.

If politically incorrect humor isn't the kind of thing to post here I won't do it.


I'm kidding...In all seriousness Ill pull back on the politically incorrect humor.
Gene Wilder was an ardent Democrat. Soooo there's that.

You came in and posted a list of names for native Americans because you thought it was funny.

If a politician lied about having African American heritage, would you have come in here and posted a list of names people have called blacks throughout history? I'm going to guess not.

If you can't separate posts in a political forum from satire, comedy and other works of art, then I can't have this discussion with you. These things are not the same.

Do you have a collection of Schindler's List dolls at home? Didn't think so.

Since you like history so much, study up in the 60s... when those opposed to equal rights abandoned the Democratic party. They're on the right, now.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:00 PM   #502
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,663
Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
And to answer gareth browns question as to why its gone quiet....I was temporarily banned because someone took offense to
a politically incorrect humor post I made.....I'd still be responding but I had to wait.
You were not temp banned for a politically incorrect post. You were temp banned for a RACIST post. Unfortunately I'm not surprised that you don't understand the difference and don't think you have anything to apologize for.

Bye.
__________________

Diemen is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:01 PM   #503
War Child
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 675
Local Time: 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Gene Wilder was an ardent Democrat. Soooo there's that.

You came in and posted a list of names for native Americans because you thought it was funny.

If a politician lied about having African American heritage, would you have come in here and posted a list of names people have called blacks throughout history? I'm going to guess not.

If you can't separate posts in a political forum from satire, comedy and other works of art, then I can't have this discussion with you. These things are not the same.
Actually those kind of things get debated all the time. Warren wasn't the first nor will she be the last and that goes for both sides.

On another level you have Republicans like John McCain who praise their military service while screwing over their fellow vets when they get in...but it doesn't stop them reminding everyone they served.


And the line between Satire and and not is paper thing at times. And no I wouldn't do that...Its not the same.
bloodysunday972 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #504
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,132
Local Time: 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Actually those kind of things get debated all the time. Warren wasn't the first nor will she be the last and that goes for both sides.

On another level you have Republicans like John McCain who praise their military service while screwing over their fellow vets when they get in...but it doesn't stop them reminding everyone they served.


And the line between Satire and and not is paper thing at times. And no I wouldn't do that...Its not the same.
Why is it not the same? Please explain to me how it wouldn't be the same thing?
Headache in a Suitcase is online now  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #505
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 03:18 AM
After Trumps conference yesterday, I am convinced he is insane. He may even have dementia, and he's on meds that may accelerate that.
BEAL is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #506
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 04:18 AM
just wondering whether offensive political violence might be justified in this thread
mama cass is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:10 PM   #507
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
mama cass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6,293
Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
After Trumps conference yesterday, I am convinced he is insane. He may even have dementia, and he's on meds that may accelerate that.
it's actually quite terrifying... how did he get there, and why is he still there? who's in charge of sorting out this mess? anyone?
mama cass is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:12 PM   #508
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post

You just cant get past why people voted for Trump and until you do you will never win another election. Yes he can be a putz. I acknowledge that but if you can't see that even if people blindly voted Trump because he promised to fix the problems you are a lot further down the hill than I thought......You just can't see the difficultly a lot of people were put in with these election choices and you resort to calling us idiots and and party hacks because we didn't vote for Clinton.
I can't get past why? No, I can't get past the fact that you don't know why. We've established it was pretty much guns and not Clinton, for ever other justification you tried, you were factually incorrect and didn't understand.

No, you're not a party hack because you didn't vote for Clinton. How do you come up with these conclusions? You are a party hack because you tossed all the principles of your party platform for an Authoritarian thug, because you constantly argue a point using an example from the opposing party that's decades old, and you swallow everything they hand you. That's why you're a hack, nothing to do with Clinton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
I wish I had people like you in my debate class. It would have been interesting. I actually like seeing into the other side of the political spectrum readings your posts I just wish you weren't so angry towards the other side.....Maybe a lot more things could be accomplished if the anger could be quelled.
You were in debate?! The kids that deflected and used out of date retorts failed in my debate class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
If you call Trump out for his BS without even acknowledging Hillary's long trail of bs you are as much of a party hack as you claim me to be. When the left gets called out for their bs they throw things out like Racism, Sexism, etc etc because they have no facts to fight back on.
First of all Clinton isn't President, look at the title of this thread. Secondly, you weren't here prior, I was not a big fan of Clinton. Third, I will call you out when your are racist or sexist. If you can't understand the definitions or are too blind to understand, that is your issue, not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
I've said it over and over again Trump wasn't my original choice and I voted for him begrudingly. Yes I have a lot of conservative views when it comes to thinks like the constitution but that doesn't make me a party hack.
But you sure are defending him like a blind minion. You couldn't even admit Trump's lying problem, you referred to it as "he can be a putz", sorry, you're a hack.
BVS is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:13 PM   #509
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,224
Local Time: 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
You ask why has it gone quiet....Where are the people here that voted Trump? Well be careful what you wish for.
I said I would be more careful going forward but I won't be silent....There are a lot more of you(Liberals) then there
are us(Libertarians/Independents/Conservatives etc) Here on this board so I know I am already against the proverbial wall.

So lets get back into it shall we?


Moonlit Angel said So much for the ridiculous idea that Trump would bring an administration free of corruption, scandal, and illegal, deeply unsafe activity, huh?

Note to Trump supporters: Try actually listening to people when they warn you about candidates like him next time.

I guess Hillary was a real peach then?

So trade one evil for another then? Jesus you are delusional if you think Hillary would have been better.....This is the
exact problem I keep talking about....Trading one evil for another....Lesser of two evils.....When will real change happen?..
It won't because the left was too busy singing "FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT! FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT!" To see she is just as corrupt
as Trump and yet you continued to push her down the American peoples throat.....If you had found another Obama you would
have the presidency...He wasn't perfect but he had some good about him.....I found myself at odds with my conservative
friends over beliefs like that. I hope you have another Obama or someone like him somewhere out there because if Hillary
Clinton is and was the best you had to offer? No thanks....I may not be satisfied about voting Trump but I am satisifed
my vote didn't go to her....

She was and is another career politician.....You fell for her bull**** hook, line, & sinker and yet you feel you
can chastize Trump supporters for the exact same thing....Our country this election was either too blind or too dumb
to look at these two candidates and go....NO....Now now not ever! And I hate the fact I had to make the choice.
And no staying home is not an option. The right to vote is something we take for granted and I won't stay home.

In a way you on the left have a lot more in common
with those on the right than you think. Both sides have blinders on and will go through the potholes and nails in the road
to get to where you want to be even if it wasn't the best route.

Look at the debates....You had Martin O Malley which well whatever, Bernie Sanders who I think while his heart was in the
right place doesn't know the realities that nothing is free. Someone has to pay for it. Chafee.....Well I dunno there.
and Hillary Clinton.....I am happy actually more people saw Bernie as an alternative but again you don't cross the
establishment. Hillary was their pick from the start and nothing was going to change that.

I don't like the fact I had to vote for Trump over Clinton I really don't but as I said before.....Maybe the left
can pull their own heads out of their collective asses and provide someone better than Hillary Clinton....
This is hilarious. THIS is exhibit A of why we are where we are.
Lesser of two evils. The stupidest line repeated over and over of the brainwashed this past year.

On one hand we have a racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, white supremacist retweeting, hussling, serial lying, sexual predator, con man, with ties to Russia, that was directing his followers to beat people up.

And on the other, Hillary's emails may have been open to hacking, even though they weren't.

So yeah, lesser of two evils.

Please name something that would have been the same over these past few weeks if Clinton had been elected.

Secret Russia talks?
Getting rid of rules for polluters that dump sludge into waterways?
stripping protections for Trans Americans?
appointing a racist AG?
Muslim Ban?
reinstating XL and DAPL?
Reinstating the Global Gag rule?
Failed Yemen strike?
Stripping parts of the Animal Protection laws?
Laying out huge tax breaks for the rich?
Start of rolling back Financial protections?
Start of breaking apart Obamacare?
An anti-choice court pick?
Getting rid of Obama's .25 rate cut for mortgage insurance? (That one kept me from saving about 400 bucks this year)
Started plans on building a wall?
Appointed a completely unqualified person to lead DOE?
Threatened funding for sanctuary cities?
Given press conferences calling our journalists "fake news" and "liars"?
Handing out questionnaires about how bad of horrible liars the media is?
Have a NSA resign in 3 weeks time?
Ordered EPA to remove Climate Change pages from its site?
Attempted to ban Federal Employees from posting/discussing climate change?
Fail to know what the Black Congressional Caucus is?
BONUS: Ask a black reporter if they are friends of hers?
Refuse to answer questions on how to curb anti-semetic hate crimes across the country?
Continue to hold "rallies" to boost his/her fragile ego?

The list goes on... But the answer to the above is. NO, if you were wondering.

Yeah, Clinton supporters really got bamboozled. P.S. I could give a shit that Hillary was a woman. Not a factor for me.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #510
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
This is hilarious. THIS is exhibit A of why we are where we are.
Lesser of two evils. The stupidest line repeated over and over of the brainwashed this past year.

On one hand we have a racist, misogynistic, xenophobic, white supremacist retweeting, hussling, serial lying, sexual predator, con man, with ties to Russia, that was directing his followers to beat people up.

And on the other, Hillary's emails may have been open to hacking, even though they weren't.

So yeah, lesser of two evils.

Please name something that would have been the same over these past few weeks if Clinton had been elected.

Secret Russia talks?
Getting rid of rules for polluters that dump sludge into waterways?
stripping protections for Trans Americans?
appointing a racist AG?
Muslim Ban?
reinstating XL and DAPL?
Reinstating the Global Gag rule?
Failed Yemen strike?
Stripping parts of the Animal Protection laws?
Laying out huge tax breaks for the rich?
Start of rolling back Financial protections?
Start of breaking apart Obamacare?
An anti-choice court pick?
Getting rid of Obama's .25 rate cut for mortgage insurance? (That one kept me from saving about 400 bucks this year)
Started plans on building a wall?
Appointed a completely unqualified person to lead DOE?
Threatened funding for sanctuary cities?
Given press conferences calling our journalists "fake news" and "liars"?
Handing out questionnaires about how bad of horrible liars the media is?
Have a NSA resign in 3 weeks time?
Ordered EPA to remove Climate Change pages from its site?
Attempted to ban Federal Employees from posting/discussing climate change?
Fail to know what the Black Congressional Caucus is?
BONUS: Ask a black reporter if they are friends of hers?
Refuse to answer questions on how to curb anti-semetic hate crimes across the country?
Continue to hold "rallies" to boost his/her fragile ego?

The list goes on... But the answer to the above is. NO, if you were wondering.

Yeah, Clinton supporters really got bamboozled. P.S. I could give a shit that Hillary was a woman. Not a factor for me.
We are lucky Donald has such tremendous stamina. You know Clinton would have gotten testy with foreign leaders because she was cranky from lack of nap time
BEAL is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #511
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,224
Local Time: 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
We are lucky Donald has such tremendous stamina. You know Clinton would have gotten testy with foreign leaders because she was cranky from lack of nap time
She's so weak!
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:25 PM   #512
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 03:18 AM
Worst case with Clinton as POTUS we would have a constant barrage of investigations from the GOP, and loads of outrage from FoxNews

Everything else would be as though Obama was in charge.

Progressives would have gotten closer to their demands/goals with her in charge versus the Donald. That's what bugs me the most. Yes, she wasn't Bernie, but to not vote has all but blown away any progress the left has made.
BEAL is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:28 PM   #513
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,224
Local Time: 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Worst case with Clinton as POTUS we would have a constant barrage of investigations from the GOP, and loads of outrage from FoxNews

Everything else would be as though Obama was in charge.

Progressives would have gotten closer to their demands/goals with her in charge versus the Donald. That's what bugs me the most. Yes, she wasn't Bernie, but to not vote has all but blown away any progress the left has made.
Yep. The logic is great. Instead of taking a couple steps forward, we'll take, 5 steps back, and then hope in 8 or 12 years we'll take steps forward again to get us back to where we were 12 years ago! Progressive!!
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #514
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 03:18 AM
And yet they'll go to their grave blaming Clinton for all of this.

While she may not have been the most likable candidate, it really wasn't a fucking choice. We are seeing is how the government is run by people who have no fucking clue.

I'm not opposed to someone from the private sector holding office, but they sure as hell better surround themselves with the top minds of their field.

Instead we get Rick Perry and Betsy Devos
BEAL is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 03:06 PM   #515
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,224
Local Time: 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
And yet they'll go to their grave blaming Clinton for all of this.

While she may not have been the most likable candidate, it really wasn't a fucking choice. We are seeing is how the government is run by people who have no fucking clue.

I'm not opposed to someone from the private sector holding office, but they sure as hell better surround themselves with the top minds of their field.

Instead we get Rick Perry and Betsy Devos
Hillary was a horrible campaigner. That's about where it starts and ends. I think the rest was a huge misinformation campaign/swiftboating of an extremely capable and experienced candidate. At the very least we knew that we would hold on to our basic rights and protections that we have fought for til this point. Now, not so much.
womanfish is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 03:30 PM   #516
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,457
Local Time: 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
With that being said, she does play it up, and I don't really respect her for that. I've never done it myself, and won't unless I ever obtain documentation proving my line and actually take the time to learn more about my tribe. That's never going to happen, so I'm never going to claim my heritage on any paperwork and what she did was shady.


i can already hear a lot of men in 2020 citing this as a reason why they just can't vote for her.

and that she's unlikeable, and should smile more.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #517
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: southwest USA
Posts: 3,302
Local Time: 03:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Yes I am aware of the history of both parties BVS unlike a lot of folks I do look into history. Glad you proved my point about skipping over what you don't like.

You just cant get past why people voted for Trump and until you do you will never win another election. Yes he can be a putz. I acknowledge that but if you can't see that even if people blindly voted Trump because he promised to fix the problems you are a lot further down the hill than I thought......You just can't see the difficultly a lot of people were put in with these election choices and you resort to calling us idiots and and party hacks because we didn't vote for Clinton.

I wish I had people like you in my debate class. It would have been interesting. I actually like seeing into the other side of the political spectrum readings your posts I just wish you weren't so angry towards the other side.....Maybe a lot more things could be accomplished if the anger could be quelled.

If you call Trump out for his BS without even acknowledging Hillary's long trail of bs you are as much of a party hack as you claim me to be. When the left gets called out for their bs they throw things out like Racism, Sexism, etc etc because they have no facts to fight back on.

I've said it over and over again Trump wasn't my original choice and I voted for him begrudingly. Yes I have a lot of conservative views when it comes to thinks like the constitution but that doesn't make me a party hack.
bobsaget77 is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #518
Blue Crack Addict
 
Babydoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Berlin, Germany.
Posts: 22,280
Local Time: 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Babydoll to get back to what we were discussing I would like your opinion on this?
https://youtu.be/qm5SYxRXHsI - New Years Eve in Cologne the night that changed a lot of Germans views on Migrants.

I understand the sensitivity the German people have on the issue based on the countries sensitive history...Believe
me I understand.

This video was very informative for me as a Westerner hearing various opinions from the German public.
https://youtu.be/gS5c_OVZmtk

I don't even know if you are still active in this thread but as someone who lives in Germany I would like some more insight into this


And that Trump press conference was cringe worthy.....No Denying that. I think he is still trying to convince himself and everyone else he won.......Trump you won now get your head out of campaign mode.....

I am convinced he was reading from a prepared statement and flubbed it.
Of course I am active, and I replied with a lengthy, informative response to your misquoted (mistranslated) Quran texts on the very first page itself. But I have a couple of questions:

1. Why do I need to 'explain' the video? Am I responsible for how everyone and anyone behaves?

2. The ones who misbehaved were idiots, and no one I know says anything otherwise.

3. I haven't lived here too long, I only moved here in 2014, and was in the US for a long, long time prior. I think my German boyfriend, who frequently posts in this thread , can answer this better.
Babydoll is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 04:56 PM   #519
War Child
 
TheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 763
Local Time: 03:18 AM
"Enemy of the People" were into full blown Nazi propaganda now!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...08293516632065
TheFox is offline  
Old 02-17-2017, 04:57 PM   #520
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Moonlit Angel said So much for the ridiculous idea that Trump would bring an administration free of corruption, scandal, and illegal, deeply unsafe activity, huh?

Note to Trump supporters: Try actually listening to people when they warn you about candidates like him next time.

I guess Hillary was a real peach then?
Well, let's see, Hillary didn't have sketchy ties to Russia and a dossier that claims to have a shitton of information that would be personally damaging to her.

Trump, on the other hand? He's got all of that. He's being investigated for that. You claim that investigations and scandals were why you couldn't support Clinton (and I will remind you that the REPUBLICAN-LED investigation into Clinton's e-mails/Benghazi didn't turn up anything illegal). He's got people in his cabinet that are scandal-ridden and have ties to scary groups (Bannon, anyone? The recent Flynn debacle?). So, yes?

Why are you willing to overlook all the investigations and scandals related to Trump? Why aren't you just as outraged by his stuff as you claimed you were about Clinton's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
So trade one evil for another then? Jesus you are delusional if you think Hillary would have been better.....This is the
exact problem I keep talking about....Trading one evil for another....Lesser of two evils.....When will real change happen?..
Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, no. Clinton, on her worst day, would not be anywhere near as horrible as Trump is. Not even close. Do not pull that "they're both crap" nonsense. It's not even remotely true.

Trump spends valuable time on Twitter, time he could use actually discussing the policies he wants to implement and trying to engage with the people in mature, rational ways, whining about his daughter's clothing line, his approval ratings, and whatever "mean things" "SNL" said about him the night before. He spent his time during the National Prayer Breakfast taunting Arnold Schwartzenegger about the "Apprentice" ratings. Pray tell, what the hell does that have to do with jobs or the economy or any of the other issues he campaigned on? Why is that something he needs to even discuss now? He's president. He's got far more important things to do and talk about, doesn't he?

Hillary wouldn't pull any of that crap. She wouldn't throw temper tantrums on Twitter because somebody criticized her. She wouldn't go around calling the news media "fake news" and come up with this "alternative facts" bullshit. She wouldn't complain about "SNL" making fun of her. She wouldn't sound like an incoherent mess at her press conferences, or pick fights with reporters.

So yeah. She is infinitely better than Trump based on the above alone. Unlike him, she actually knows how to behave in a presidential, mature manner.

And, oh, yeah, SHE ALSO HAS ACTUAL POLITICAL EXPERIENCE. You know, that thing that's kind of important when you're running for president of the country? She wouldn't need to have the nuclear triad explained to her the way Trump apparently did, for instance, and she sure as hell would not have handled the whole recent North Korean missile thing the way Trump did at the Mar-Largo event he was at.

Seriously, do you not even care about the security risk Trump poses by doing things like that? Doesn't that bother you at all? How can you honestly say Clinton would've done worse than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
It won't because the left was too busy singing "FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT! FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT!" To see she is just as corrupt
as Trump and yet you continued to push her down the American peoples throat.....
Yeah, that's not the reason I supported her, nor is it the reason many others did, but thanks for making assumptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
If you had found another Obama you would
have the presidency...He wasn't perfect but he had some good about him.....I found myself at odds with my conservative
friends over beliefs like that. I hope you have another Obama or someone like him somewhere out there because if Hillary
Clinton is and was the best you had to offer? No thanks....
I absolutely would've loved another Obama. But I was perfectly fine with Clinton, too, and anyone who actually paid any sort of attention could easily see she was much more capable for the job than Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
I may not be satisfied about voting Trump but I am satisifed
my vote didn't go to her....
And it's because of that ignorant attitude that our country is in the mess it's in, so thanks for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
She was and is another career politician.....You fell for her bull**** hook, line, & sinker and yet you feel you
can chastize Trump supporters for the exact same thing....
The hypocrisy here is astounding. Truly astounding.

Yes, we said that about Trump supporters, because it's actually true with them. He conned the crap out of you guys and you're way too damn stubborn to accept it. Even if I didn't personally agree with certain stances Hillary took (and there were indeed a few, mainly foreign policy-related), I still felt confident she would surround herself with a cabinet who would fight on behalf of issues I did support, and she'd fight for the ones that she and I were in agreement on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Our country this election was either too blind or too dumb
to look at these two candidates and go....NO....Now now not ever! And I hate the fact I had to make the choice.
And no staying home is not an option. The right to vote is something we take for granted and I won't stay home.
I appreciate the "not staying home" attitude, at least. The rest, well, again, answered above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Look at the debates....You had Martin O Malley which well whatever, Bernie Sanders who I think while his heart was in the
right place doesn't know the realities that nothing is free. Someone has to pay for it. Chafee.....Well I dunno there.
and Hillary Clinton.....I am happy actually more people saw Bernie as an alternative but again you don't cross the
establishment. Hillary was their pick from the start and nothing was going to change that.
For the record, I would've voted for any of the Democratic candidates had they won the nomination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
I don't like the fact I had to vote for Trump over Clinton I really don't but as I said before.....Maybe the left
can pull their own heads out of their collective asses and provide someone better than Hillary Clinton....
You didn't have to vote for Trump, though. You could've looked at the good things Clinton has done, of which there are many, and looked at her actual experience compared to Trump's complete ignorance of anything government-related, and her general public behavior compared to Trump's, and actually realized it really wasn't much of a contest which choice made more sense.

Trump is not the kind of outsider you guys should've hitched your wagon to. Not at all. An outsider is all well and good, but they still need to have an actual understanding of what they're getting into with this job. They either need some political experience or show that they're willing to learn about the job, and take it seriously. Trump has shown absolutely none of that sort of attitude throughout the entire campaign and his presidency, and the fact that this doesn't bother you is deeply concerning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
You know what the ironic thing is? You on the left thought Trump was a joke and didn't stand a snowballs chance
in hell....Your arrogance was your downfall in this election.

You thought it was in the bag and when you lost you did everything you could to stop it. Including threatening peoples
lives and the lives of their families if they didn't change their vote....Well congrats you caused Hillary to lose even
more votes when the Electoral College voted.
Where in the hell are you getting this "threatening people's lives" stuff? What Hillary supporters out there did that?

And yes, we were confident she'd win, because we had enough faith that this country could look at the insanity that was Trump and not be ridiculous enough to vote for him. And if you go by the popular vote, which Hillary won by a pretty decent margin, we were right.

Trump won not because Clinton drove voters away. He won because he had the Russians helping him with the election, GOP gerrymandering and voter intimidation, and the electoral college. You don't get to feel good about this victory, because you didn't earn it.

As for your refusal to apologize for that post and the whole "easily offended" thing, I'll simply say that there is a vast difference between comedians making jokes, since, y'know, they tend to make fun of EVERYBODY and they use things like satire and such to aid in their comedy, and the kind of post you made.

And why is it you get to be offended over people calling you and other Trump supporters ignorant for supporting him, but somebody here says your Native American "jokes" post was offensive and they have to just deal with it and "quit getting so offended"?

What is so hard about apologizing for your comments? If I said something that I later realized had offended somebody, I would apologize to them, because I do not want to be mean to people or make them feel uncomfortable. It's called treating people with respect and decency.

But I guess in Trump's America, it's totally okay to hurt other people's feelings and treat them like dirt or insult them, and if they say they're bothered by it, they just have to deal with it.

Unbelievable.
__________________

Moonlit_Angel is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×