Trump General Discussion VII - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2017, 11:09 AM   #381
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:51 PM
I think that the lack of major violent conflict on US soil in the lifetime of any living Americans has contributed to this lack of empathy. All the wars fought by US soldiers in the last century were abroad - Americans have no concept of their homes being bombed 24/7, women and children dying in the street, masses of refugees moving on foot and living in squalor. Though in truth, Canadians don't either but there seems to be a different attitude. At least some Europeans can still remember, though even there you have the right wing "I got mine fuck you" sort of mentality on the rise.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:42 PM   #382
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
One of the saddest things about all this is the apparent lack of empathy that people have for fellow human beings. It breaks my heart. When I hear comments like "we just want them to come here legally!" or "the ban is just temporary for 3 months!" it really speaks to how cold and detached people have become to reality.

The ban may be temporary, but for many people 3 months is literally the difference between life and death. Many won't be able to come back because they will have been killed.

And wanting people to come here legally doesn't really address the conditions that forced people to flee in the first place. As humans, we have a natural survival instinct. It's in all of us. If you think that walking in frigid conditions for four days will lead to a better life, you'll do it, no matter who you are.

Again, we all need to have empathy for others, because one day that could be us, and we'll want people to be there in our time of need.

Anyway, read this. And just a note, the photos are really graphic.

The new underground railroad to Canada

They're human beings, and they deserve to be treated as such, regardless of their legal status. And if they're not causing trouble, I don't see the problem. There's people born and raised here who cause trouble, too. The part of the world you come from doesn't indicate whether or not you'll be a troublemaker, after all.

And people can't sit here and complain about how immigrants are mooching off the system only to then turn around and complain that they're "taking our jobs" when they do try and get work and make a life here. They can't have it both ways.

Walls and raids and bans and ripping families apart-none of that is going to solve any of the problems related to the immigration issue. It's just not. Anyone who honestly believes otherwise needs to get a clue.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #383
Blue Crack Addict

Press conference, Trump ranting about his enormous electoral college win. Says he got 306 electoral votes, the biggest margin since Ronald Reagan.

Except you know, BOTH OF OBAMA'S VICTORIES which were bigger.

Liar.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:11 PM   #384
Blue Crack Addict

Also, he is holding a 2020 campaign event (no, you didn't read this wrong) tomorrow in Florida.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:21 PM   #385
Blue Crack Addict

The thing that saddens me even more than the lack of empathy are the people that have been so blinded by fearmongering that they can't see Muslims as anything other than monsters.

I unfortunately have to interact with one of these people in my daily life (the mother of a close friend). She firmly believes that they are out to kill us all. She refuses to accept that the Bible is just as "violent" as the Quran, and accused me of making up the Omagh bombing because she can't accept that white Christians would ever resort to violence in the name of religion.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:31 PM   #386
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Press conference, Trump ranting about his enormous electoral college win. Says he got 306 electoral votes, the biggest margin since Ronald Reagan.

Except you know, BOTH OF OBAMA'S VICTORIES which were bigger.

Liar.
We're fucked. Now every time the media fact checks, they're going to be ripped to shreds just because the President called them liars. So much brainwashing.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:32 PM   #387
Blue Crack Addict

He just got called out for it by a reporter who said you accuse the media of fake news but why should the public believe you when you state things that are untrue. He then said he was talking about Republican margins of victory. The reporter pointed out that HW Bush got 400+ electoral votes. Trump then got huffy and said "it was the information I was given!" and moved on to the next question.

Kellyanne must have put together the speaking notes.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:36 PM   #388
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:51 PM
Well I can see by the absolute desert of support in here that the embarrassment is finally kicking in...

Or we can only hope.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:37 PM   #389
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
The thing that saddens me even more than the lack of empathy are the people that have been so blinded by fearmongering that they can't see Muslims as anything other than monsters.

I unfortunately have to interact with one of these people in my daily life (the mother of a close friend). She firmly believes that they are out to kill us all. She refuses to accept that the Bible is just as "violent" as the Quran, and accused me of making up the Omagh bombing because she can't accept that white Christians would ever resort to violence in the name of religion.
I addressed this the best way I could on the first page of this thread. You might want to print it and show it to her, lol.

I take it you've shown her the passages in the Bible that are violent?
Old 02-16-2017, 01:41 PM   #390
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well I can see by the absolute desert of support in here that the embarrassment is finally kicking in...

Or we can only hope.
Doubt it.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:42 PM   #391
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babydoll View Post
I addressed this the best way I could on the first page of this thread. You might want to print it and show it to her, lol.

I take it you've shown her the passages in the Bible that are violent?
I have, and she responded that those passages were written so many thousands of years ago, and were only relevant to that place and time, and not to modern day Christians. But she cannot wrap her brain around applying this same logic to other religions.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:44 PM   #392
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
I really don't understand why Trump's STILL harping on about anything related to the election results. Dude, you're the president. You got what you wanted. You "won". Unless this is your way of trying to hint we should have some sort of massive redo with this election (which, frankly, I'd be all for if it means getting him the hell out of here)...SHUT UP AND QUIT BITCHING ABOUT IT. Christ.

Quote:
She firmly believes that they are out to kill us all. She refuses to accept that the Bible is just as "violent" as the Quran, and accused me of making up the Omagh bombing because she can't accept that white Christians would ever resort to violence in the name of religion.
...wow.

That...is just plain sad. And infuriating.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:44 PM   #393
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
I think that the lack of major violent conflict on US soil in the lifetime of any living Americans has contributed to this lack of empathy. All the wars fought by US soldiers in the last century were abroad - Americans have no concept of their homes being bombed 24/7, women and children dying in the street, masses of refugees moving on foot and living in squalor. Though in truth, Canadians don't either but there seems to be a different attitude. At least some Europeans can still remember, though even there you have the right wing "I got mine fuck you" sort of mentality on the rise.
This is exactly the conversation I was having with the dad the other day. I don't need to repeat it because we said just about everything you said here, with a few added points of differences in survival instincts leading to a lack of empathy between other countries and Trump supporters...
Old 02-16-2017, 01:48 PM   #394
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I have, and she responded that those passages were written so many thousands of years ago, and were only relevant to that place and time, and not to modern day Christians. But she cannot wrap her brain around applying this same logic to other religions.
If she really cares enough, and wants to genuinely learn and step out of religious intolerance, she could look for a translation online. And an authentic translation, justislam.co.uk is a good place for resources.

I hate the whole 'oh their religion tells them to kill infidels zomg!!!' bs - it is simply not true, and I have said that so many times on Fb to folks commenting on friends' posts with the same.

I know we're Fb friends, perhaps you can also show her the video I posted this morning?

Believe me, I am not religious, however I hate religious intolerance and unfairness, coupled with ignorance.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:48 PM   #395
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:51 PM
Quote:
Doubt it.
Well if they're human they'd have to be.

If not I'm claiming massive voter fraud, 60 million illegal robots were bused to these states to vote.

There's a guy that can prove it, he created an app.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:48 PM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post
I really don't understand why Trump's STILL harping on about anything related to the election results. Dude, you're the president. You got what you wanted. You "won". Unless this is your way of trying to hint we should have some sort of massive redo with this election (which, frankly, I'd be all for if it means getting him the hell out of here)...SHUT UP AND QUIT BITCHING ABOUT IT. Christ.
It's because he didn't win the way he wanted to win. He only won the electoral college and not the popular vote, and so people can argue that he didn't "really" win (the majority did not actually vote for him). This probably dents his self esteem slightly, and so he has to keep stressing that he DID win.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:51 PM   #397
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Well if they're human they'd have to be.

If not I'm claiming massive voter fraud, 60 million illegal robots were bused to these states to vote.

There's a guy that can prove it, he created an app.
From what I have seen, Trumpsters are so caught up in the message he spread, they disregard everything else as fake. Especially since the term alternative facts was coined. There is no reasoning with these people, no logic, no good argument, nothing. I have lost patience with them entirely.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:52 PM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
If she really cares enough, and wants to genuinely learn and step out of religious intolerance, she could look for a translation online. And an authentic translation, justislam.co.uk is a good place for resources.
I have suggested that she read it herself, but she says that would be pointless because she does not speak Arabic, and she suggested that English translations can't be trusted because they've probably been altered to hide the truth. That's right, she believes there has been a vast conspiracy to remove the "true violence" from English translations of the Quran.

For the most part I simply try to avoid interacting with her, but every so often she rears her bigoted head and I have to put her down.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #399
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I have suggested that she read it herself, but she says that would be pointless because she does not speak Arabic, and she suggested that English translations can't be trusted because they've probably been altered to hide the truth. That's right, she believes there has been a vast conspiracy to remove the "true violence" from English translations of the Quran.

For the most part I simply try to avoid interacting with her, but every so often she rears her bigoted head and I have to put her down.
Wow

If she's that far gone, then let her be in her stew of hate and ignorance. If it's anything Trumpeezy has done over the past year, it's to Make America Hate (Openly) Again.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #400
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
From what I have seen, Trumpsters are so caught up in the message he spread, they disregard everything else as fake.
Trump just said he is upgrading "fake news" to "very fake news" so they will be wrapping their minds around this for a while.