Trump General Discussion VII - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #361
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 02:55 AM
I can imagine the rest of the world is tired of it too.

Every day is filled with so much win
__________________

BEAL is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 04:47 PM   #362
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,457
Local Time: 10:55 PM
not to wade too far into Courtney Love/MH370 territory, but Moby claims to know what's up:

Quote:
after spending the weekend talking to friends who work in dc i can safely(well, 'accurately'...) post the following things:

1-the russian dossier on trump is real. 100% real. he's being blackmailed by the russian government, not just for being peed on by russian hookers, but for much more nefarious things.

2-the trump administration is in collusion with the russian government, and has been since day one.

3-the trump administration needs a war, most likely with iran. at present they are putting u.s warships off the coast of iran in the hope that iran will attack one of the ships and give the u.s a pretense for invasion.

4-there are right wing plans to get rid of trump. he's a drain on their fundraising and their approval ratings, and the gop and koch brothers and other u.s right wing groups are planning to get rid of trump.

5-intelligence agencies around the world, and here in the u.s, are horrified by the incompetence of the trump administration, and are working to present information that will lead to high level firings and, ultimately, impeachment.

i'm writing these things so that when/if these things happen there will be a public record beforehand.
these are truly baffling and horrifying times, as we have an incompetent president who is essentially owned by a foreign power.
-moby

i don't think most of that isn't true.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 05:02 PM   #363
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 08:55 PM
Quote:
3-the trump administration needs a war, most likely with iran. at present they are putting u.s warships off the coast of iran in the hope that iran will attack one of the ships and give the u.s a pretense for invasion.
I really hope this doesn't happen.

(It won't surprise me one bit if this is true, but...yeah.)

Quote:
4-there are right wing plans to get rid of trump. he's a drain on their fundraising and their approval ratings, and the gop and koch brothers and other u.s right wing groups are planning to get rid of trump.

5-intelligence agencies around the world, and here in the u.s, are horrified by the incompetence of the trump administration, and are working to present information that will lead to high level firings and, ultimately, impeachment.
I really hope both of these things DO happen.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 05:11 PM   #364
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 02:55 AM
The difference between conspiracy theories and what the intelligence community are doing (besides the obvious INTELLIGENCE), is that CT just spout whatever, eventually hitting on something to prove their claim.

I think the reason things are slow to come out against Trump and his klan, is that they are being extremely careful to vet the information. This isn't a joke, a game. If there is info on Trump that could lead to him being impeached, it needs to be 100%.

I think we need to be patient, but I do worry that something bad will happen before we can remove him.
BEAL is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 05:18 PM   #365
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Radicalism is never the answer.
Moving left to what is essentially a very mild social democratic platform is radicalism now apparently? Come the fuck on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
not to wade too far into Courtney Love/MH370 territory, but Moby claims to know what's up:




i don't think most of that isn't true.
All too tempting to reply with "nobody cares, Moby".
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 05:21 PM   #366
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,716
Local Time: 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
The difference between conspiracy theories and what the intelligence community are doing (besides the obvious INTELLIGENCE), is that CT just spout whatever, eventually hitting on something to prove their claim.

I think the reason things are slow to come out against Trump and his klan, is that they are being extremely careful to vet the information. This isn't a joke, a game. If there is info on Trump that could lead to him being impeached, it needs to be 100%.
This is an excellent point as well. Completely agreed.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 05:22 PM   #367
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,457
Local Time: 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post

All too tempting to reply with "nobody cares, Moby".



Nobody listens to techno.
Irvine511 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 05:47 PM   #368
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Philadelphia
Posts: 19,218
Local Time: 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Moving left to what is essentially a very mild social democratic platform is radicalism now apparently? Come the fuck on.
Seriously. Leftist economic policies are what the Democrats need. That's what got people excited in the campaign, and that's what was left behind when Clinton knocked out Sanders. They sprinted to the center, like they always do. And they didn't campaign in key swing states. Consequently, they couldn't get enough of their base out to the polls in those key states and lost the election.

Economic equality must be the main issue, and the way to combat that is to move to the left economically. So many other issues come from that one problem. It's obvious.

I'm not saying they need Sanders. But they need that direction.
PhilsFan is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #369
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
Seriously. Leftist economic policies are what the Democrats need. That's what got people excited in the campaign, and that's what was left behind when Clinton knocked out Sanders. They sprinted to the center, like they always do. And they didn't campaign in key swing states. Consequently, they couldn't get enough of their base out to the polls in those key states and lost the election.

Economic equality must be the main issue, and the way to combat that is to move to the left economically. So many other issues come from that one problem. It's obvious.

I'm not saying they need Sanders. But they need that direction.
See, I think clarifying that you mean 'economically' would help that argument tremendously. But then you have the extremely uphill battle of explaining what that means and how it works. Sanders couldn't, that movement would need someone who absolutely know what they are talking about economically. A large portion of people hear "left economics" and it strikes fear, mainly just from conditioning, but you're right if someone had the ability to discuss it properly, it might be something that a lot of the working class would be attracted to.
BVS is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 06:02 PM   #370
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,508
Local Time: 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Moving left to what is essentially a very mild social democratic platform is radicalism now apparently? Come the fuck on.



All too tempting to reply with "nobody cares, Moby".
Those weren't my words. That was Keith's description of his platform.

Calling yourself radical, whether it fits the description or not, will only alienate.
BEAL is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 08:44 PM   #371
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,132
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
not to wade too far into Courtney Love/MH370 territory, but Moby claims to know what's up:




i don't think most of that isn't true.
Not for nothing, that's not anything that the average schmo who reads the news could put together.

But yea, I think most of it is true.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 08:47 PM   #372
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,132
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Quote:
Jeffrey Loria has been negotiating to sell the Miami Marlins to the family of Jared Kushner, an adviser and son-in-law to President Donald Trump, at the same time that Loria is reportedly under consideration by the Trump administration to be U.S. ambassador to France.

The New York Post on Wednesday reported that White House chief of staff Reince Priebus has been pushing Loria for the position of U.S. ambassador to France and that Trump has signed off on the appointment.
But the Clinton Foundation!
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:04 PM   #373
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,644
Local Time: 06:55 PM
That scummy fly-by-night destroyer-of-franchises is going to be an ambassador?!
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 09:38 PM   #374
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
gareth brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 6,593
Local Time: 01:55 PM
Has anyone got a link to any decent posts/articles about this dossier on Trump and Russia from the former MI6 guy?

Assuming the whole thing isn't just freely available online for all and sundry to comb through, how did people find out what's in it and so on? Is it leaks of certain parts (steady!) or speculation? This whole thing passed me by pretty quickly.
gareth brown is offline  
Old 02-15-2017, 10:16 PM   #375
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 41,232
Local Time: 09:55 PM
Nevermind... embedding issues on this site suck
BVS is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 03:29 AM   #376
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,728
Local Time: 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
The difference between conspiracy theories and what the intelligence community are doing (besides the obvious INTELLIGENCE), is that CT just spout whatever, eventually hitting on something to prove their claim.

I think the reason things are slow to come out against Trump and his klan, is that they are being extremely careful to vet the information. This isn't a joke, a game. If there is info on Trump that could lead to him being impeached, it needs to be 100%.

I think we need to be patient, but I do worry that something bad will happen before we can remove him.
Right, and there is an important difference between believers in conspiracy theories and intelligence analysts: A conspiracy theorist has a somewhat paradoxical, or inverse relationship with counter-facts. The more you bring up well-substantiated reasons why his theory doesn't work out, the stronger his believe in the theory. That's one of the big challenges when debating someone who believes in these kinds of theories.

An intelligence analyst, on the other hand, will spend a lot of time looking for anything that contradicts his findings, and also to substantiate whatever information they get. Not to say that they don't sometimes fail, Iraq being a case in point (though that was as much political pressure as it was poor analysis), but in general they are very meticulous. As they should be. You pretty much only have one shot at impeachment. If you blow it, Trump will come out much stronger.
Vincent Vega is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 04:05 AM   #377
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Vincent Vega's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Berlin
Posts: 6,728
Local Time: 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth brown View Post
Has anyone got a link to any decent posts/articles about this dossier on Trump and Russia from the former MI6 guy?

Assuming the whole thing isn't just freely available online for all and sundry to comb through, how did people find out what's in it and so on? Is it leaks of certain parts (steady!) or speculation? This whole thing passed me by pretty quickly.
BuzzFeed dumped the entire thing online, while at the same time admitting nothing's been corroborated. Other news media also had the dossier, such as the Washington Post, but they followed the good old rule of 'one source is no source'.

I think this is the original article: https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinge...ties-to-russia

And here's the dossier: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...llegations.pdf

The publication of a dossier that wasn't substantiated and likely includes (planted) lies didn't go without criticism of course, to which the BuzzFeed editor had a curious response:

Quote:
“We are now in a media environment where you have to engage in false statements.” However, he admitted this position was “incredibly uncomfortable for everyone”.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...-trump-dossier
Vincent Vega is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 09:45 AM   #378
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,132
Local Time: 09:55 PM
I don't know how likely it is that the dossier includes lies. The man who put it together has an impeccable reputation. His work is what lead to the taking down of Sep Blatter and the FIFA corruption scandal.

While he didn't intend for the dossier to be made public, putting something out there riddled with falsehoods and general sloppy work is something that would ruin his reputation and that of the company he now runs.

So while it's of course possible that some of the things in the dossier might be false, it's guaranteed that everything in there is incredibly well sourced.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 10:16 AM   #379
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,900
Local Time: 11:55 PM
One of the saddest things about all this is the apparent lack of empathy that people have for fellow human beings. It breaks my heart. When I hear comments like "we just want them to come here legally!" or "the ban is just temporary for 3 months!" it really speaks to how cold and detached people have become to reality.

The ban may be temporary, but for many people 3 months is literally the difference between life and death. Many won't be able to come back because they will have been killed.

And wanting people to come here legally doesn't really address the conditions that forced people to flee in the first place. As humans, we have a natural survival instinct. It's in all of us. If you think that walking in frigid conditions for four days will lead to a better life, you'll do it, no matter who you are.

Again, we all need to have empathy for others, because one day that could be us, and we'll want people to be there in our time of need.

Anyway, read this. And just a note, the photos are really graphic.

The new underground railroad to Canada
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 02-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #380
you are what you is
 
Salome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 22,047
Local Time: 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
And wanting people to come here legally doesn't really address the conditions that forced people to flee in the first place. As humans, we have a natural survival instinct. It's in all of us. If you think that walking in frigid conditions for four days will lead to a better life, you'll do it, no matter who you are.

Again, we all need to have empathy for others
There is a reason why people usually make out like refugees go online to pick the destination they want to go to and then buy a plane ticket on one of their credit cards.
Otherwise it would almost be like these people actually need our help and are willing to do anything (including possibly losing their lifes) to get away from what will otherwise destroy them.
__________________

__________________
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Salome is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×