Trump General Discussion VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The elephant in the room here, the potential smoking gun to tie everything together, is Trump's tax returns.
How tightly guarded are they? Are none of the world's best hackers anti-Trump?

Get the tax returns leaked and a whole lot of things might becone very clear.

That's where the media should be attacking constantly and without pause.

Kellyanne's appearance today (or was it last night?) talking about Flynn ... man, her whole demeanor just screamed "defeated." I wonder if she'll stick around?

Vice President Mike Pence was informed of the Justice Department warning regarding former national security adviser Michael Flynn late on February 9, 15 days after the White House and the president knew, two sources tell NBC News.

One is a source close to Pence, while the other is inside the Trump administration.

Flynn's actions as President Donald Trump's short-lived national security adviser are under scrutiny after he resigned Monday night over phone calls he shared with Russia's ambassador to the United States in December — before Trump took office. Among the topics discussed included U.S. sanctions imposed by the Obama administration against Moscow for its alleged role in the 2016 presidential election.

While Pence seemed to be kept in the dark, Trump was first told about Flynn's phone calls almost three weeks ago, a White House spokesman said Tuesday. The date the vice president knew is significant because it is when the administration became aware that the Washington Post was about to publish a heavily-sourced story that confirmed Flynn and the Russian ambassador discussed sanctions, despite public denials from Flynn and other incoming senior administration officials including Pence, then the vice president-elect.

Flynn's departure — so far the most high-profile of Trump's senior team — comes after the White House said he misled Pence and other senior administration officials about information he shared with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. Flynn had claimed that he had no substantial communication with Kislyak, which Pence later repeated to various news outlets.

Yup

You know the NYT and Washington Post will do everything they can to report on this.

And I do hope that media, citizens, and most of all our elected officials keep pushing for Trump to release his taxes.

So much for the ridiculous idea that Trump would bring an administration free of corruption, scandal, and illegal, deeply unsafe activity, huh?

Note to Trump supporters: Try actually listening to people when they warn you about candidates like him next time.

Re: the taxes, I too am all for getting them released now, but I really don't get how he was able to skirt by having to release them during the campaign.

Last edited:
Aren't there two decent Republicans--the two women who voted against Betsy DeVos? Did any Republicans vote against Sessions?

Aren't there two decent Republicans--the two women who voted against Betsy DeVos? Did any Republicans vote against Sessions?

No, you can only count on those two when it truly doesn't matter. The only reason they voted against her was so they have something to show back home in their blue districts AND they knew that the Republicans had the votes anyway.

I know some of the Trump supporters here went noticeably quiet in the first couple of weeks of his presidency...but this thread seems even quieter now. :huh:

I know some of the Trump supporters here went noticeably quiet in the first couple of weeks of his presidency...but this thread seems even quieter now. :huh:

Trumpet 1: "We're proud of what he's doing." The next day Spicer tweeted what seemed to be an Interference password, so I'm guessing Trump banned him from this site.

Trumpet 2: "I'm going to try really hard to engage more." 3 hours later disappeared and nowhere to be found, I'm guessing Trump told him, "we don't do that", you do what the Supreme Leader says.

Trumpet 3: "I don't see color." Then posts multiple racists comments, I'm guessing his mirror called him out.

Trumpet 4" "She just forgot a word." Once, twice, three times... sold! Soul went to the highest bidder and now he's working for Trump to find a way to spin today's 17 lies told by the administration.

Rush must be on the pills again, he's being far too honest, here's part of his transcript from today:

This all happened with Flynn back in December. Trump had not even been inaugurated yet. And it’s still mysterious to me what really happened. Even if, even if Flynn, as the incoming national security director, had called the Russian ambassador to talk, so what? That’s not hard to imagine. That’s not a big deal. It really isn’t a big deal.

Now, if he lied to Mike Pence and said, “No, no, no, I didn’t talk to the guy. I didn’t talk to the guy about sanctions. I didn’t talk about maybe lifting the sanctions. No, no, no, I didn’t.” And if he did do that, if he lied to Pence, then, okay, there’s a reason for Flynn to be in trouble and maybe to resign, get out of the way. But for the media to say what did Trump know and when did he know it? Get a grip here, folks.

I realize that a lot of people do not pay a whole lot of attention to this, which is good, but for those of you who are, I can imagine the impact on you, and you’re asking, “Well, when’s he gonna stop? I mean, how much more of this can anybody take? How much more of this kind of assault and attacking nature can any administration handle. And then the other question, how long can the Republicans in Congress handle it. How long are they gonna stay bucked up and stiff-spined about it, and time will tell on that.

He knows you don't pay attention. He knows you live and want to live in information isolationism. It's the only way you'll continue to support this administration. Hell, it's the only way you voted for this administration.

I’m gonna tell you, Trump’s not stopping. There will be more ICE raids this afternoon to make people forget about this. The media’s gonna try as hard as they can not to let go of this, because now they’ve got their scalp. They think they have blood in the water, they’ve got a scalp and they think they can get another and then another and then another and then another until finally they get Trump.

ICE raids are there to distract you. Rush is telling you that he knows you're ignorant and easily manipulated, right to your face.

This is absolutely amazing stuff. "It isn't a big deal" you blind sheeple.

And yes, the media won't stop, for this is their job. THIS is why we have a free press(for the time being).

WASHINGTON — Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

The flood gates hath opened

Those protests at his town hall may have made him realize that he needs to watch his own ass.

I had some friends go to that protest while Chaffetz tried to claim all the protesters were from out of state.

He's my congressional representative unfortunately

Nah, those angry people aren't constituents, they're all paid rabble-rousers!

They can't possibly imagine their own townsfolk could actually be pissed off and are awakening to the idea that they do have someone to stand up to in their neighborbood.

The hubris of these assholes. All of them.

Doing the right thing one time does not make you a decent person. Have we really set the bar that low?

There's desperation in that, but there's no doubt we can see the results of said low bar. So many of these politicians are so painfully mediocre.

i'm sure they'll get right on this.

*crickets*
I won't be waiting :|

add another thing to the #scarynewspile#

The elephant in the room here, the potential smoking gun to tie everything together, is Trump's tax returns.
How tightly guarded are they? Are none of the world's best hackers anti-Trump?

Get the tax returns leaked and a whole lot of things might becone very clear.

That's where the media should be attacking constantly and without pause.
Ya'd think by noooow... :waiting:

Get Harold Finch, stat!
(TV character supercomputer inventor/hacker/good guy)

Kellyanne's appearance today (or was it last night?) talking about Flynn ... man, her whole demeanor just screamed "defeated." I wonder if she'll stick around?

*takes out one of my "world's smallest violins" and plays...*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom