Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:shrug:
Elect a baby into The White House and it will shit all over the place.

In "The World According to Trump" the only logic is Trump Logic, the only facts are Trump Facts and the only person you can trust is Steve Bannon (not even Trump trusts Trump).

Is this is what Trump does to Australia, just wait till he speaks to China. Oh God!

Is this is what Trump does to Australia, just wait till he speaks to China. Oh God!

Australia is a sycophantic, unconditional ally for the US. Trump could take a shit on Turnbull's house's carpet and nothing would change.

I'm doubtful he'll be that hostile to the might of China.

Why need friends when you can make everyone your adversary.
:down:

I was looking at some Czech proverbs yesterday for a presentation I'm preparing and came across this one: "Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends."

Fitting.

On Day 13, our glorious leader called Australia an asshole, threatened to invade Mexico to rid them of their "bad hombres," and thought that Frederick Douglass was still alive. Oh, and put Iran on "notice," while conveniently not saying a word about Russian troop build ups in the Ukraine.

Day 13.

Last edited:
If I were a trumpet I would be too ashamed to show myself in here right about now.

Why?! They are proud.

This is what the white working class wanted. They wanted white extremism normalized. They want their children to wear fashionable face masks, Beijing shouldn't have all the fun. They want to invade, flex those muscles, we've been sitting on those nukes forever, let's blow some shit up. They've been longing for a totalitarian government.

Why?! They are proud.

This is what the white working class wanted. They wanted white extremism normalized. They want their children to wear fashionable face masks, Beijing shouldn't have all the fun. They want to invade, flex those muscles, we've been sitting on those nukes forever, let's blow some shit up. They've been longing for a totalitarian government.

Who am I kidding? You are spot on here! Probably they would never be capable of feeling shame. As is evidenced by those who still defend this guy around these parts even after all he has done. They still defend him.

Why?! They are proud.

The white working classes aren't a monolith.

I can only assume that Trump voters fall into one of the below categories:

1. Those who actually support and agree with everything he has done. These are the unreachables, I'm guessing about 20% of the electorate, or whatever the % was that supported Dick Cheney at the end. No point in even attempting discourse with them, they are too far gone.

2. Those who support many/most things he has done but take issue with his tone/temperament. I think these break down roughly into two categories - ones who can openly admit that the man is seemingly an asshole BUT they are willing to live with his awful personality because they think it's about time America swung its dick around, and ones who deep inside feel uncomfortable with him being an asshole but they won't admit it publicly lest it be perceived that their support is softening.

3. Those who disagree with most things he has done and think he's a garbage person BUT they are not able to admit it at this point for various reasons - don't want to admit they made a mistake, don't want to give an inch to the evil liberals, live in a delusional state thinking things will get better after the initial flurry of insanity and so on. This must be an exhausting way to live.

4. Those who are appalled by him and would never vote for him again and admit this openly. At this stage a very small number of people, probably mostly the ones who have been directly or closely affected by one of his "policies".

I can only assume that Trump voters fall into one of the below categories:

1. Those who actually support and agree with everything he has done. These are the unreachables, I'm guessing about 20% of the electorate, or whatever the % was that supported Dick Cheney at the end. No point in even attempting discourse with them, they are too far gone.

2. Those who support many/most things he has done but take issue with his tone/temperament. I think these break down roughly into two categories - ones who can openly admit that the man is seemingly an asshole BUT they are willing to live with his awful personality because they think it's about time America swung its dick around, and ones who deep inside feel uncomfortable with him being an asshole but they won't admit it publicly lest it be perceived that their support is softening.

3. Those who disagree with most things he has done and think he's a garbage person BUT they are not able to admit it at this point for various reasons - don't want to admit they made a mistake, don't want to give an inch to the evil liberals, live in a delusional state thinking things will get better after the initial flurry of insanity and so on. This must be an exhausting way to live.

4. Those who are appalled by him and would never vote for him again and admit this openly. At this stage a very small number of people, probably mostly the ones who have been directly or closely affected by one of his "policies".
What about the evangelical Christians?

Probably mostly in #2. A good chunk of the women just "keep sweet" and follow their "headship" so they vote along the lines the husband does without much critical thinking of their own. They are not stupid, they are just taught from birth what their place is.

If we follow Anitram's categorization, they're likely part of #2. I saw a video on the (Dutch) news after Trump had announced Gorsuch for the Supreme Court. In the video some evangelicals said they were ecstatic with Trump's nominee, as that was the reason they voted for him. They might not like very much of Trump, but he nominated a very conservative judge for the SC, so it's all good.

Trump giving speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, so far all he's talked about is the Apprentice and how the ratings have gone down since Schwarzenegger took over and it's been a disaster. Now he wants people to pray for Arnold. Very awkward, like one person clapping.

My God.

Trump giving speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, so far all he's talked about is the Apprentice and how the ratings have gone down since Schwarzenegger took over and it's been a disaster. Now he wants people to pray for Arnold. Very awkward, like one person clapping.

My God.
He's mentally ill and really needs to be impeached. How this can be kept up for 4 years is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom