Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One can only hope. I thought the same after W., and yet here we are.

Well he was pretty universally reviled in the end, Obama won in a landslide, and the Democrats controlled both houses of Congress (they actually had great success even before Obama, in the 2006 elections). So the effect was the same, but in the long term the Republicans have been successful in basically pretending that W wasn't one of theirs.

16473679_636143826577287_4108582120744451047_n.jpg

I feel like that's because they put up a smoke screen to go at the local/state level.

Scream and kick and moan about obama Non stop, all while doing the work to get GOP into state houses and governors

It worked.

wait a second, what the fuck? is having to wait up to *8 hours* for an ambulance really a thing anywhere in the developed world? here in canada if you call 911 and tell them you need an ambulance, an ambulance is coming. and probably firefighters and police too. you may not really need it, but that's up to the EMTs to determine once they get there. how in the hell could a 911 dispatcher do proper triage over the phone to decide how long you can wait?

the only time i've ever heard of anyone waiting more than an hour for an ambulance here is during a blizzard. at least that's how it is in canada anywhere even close to the kinds of population density the UK has.
I was a part of a situation where a woman had a compound fracture, bone sticking out of the leg and all, and waited 90 minutes for an ambulance. They finally showed up after we lied and told them she was losing consciousness and going into shock.

I've also seen them show up in 5 minutes for a sprained ankle.

There are a ton of EMTs in Manhattan but if it's a particular crazy night it could take hours if it's not life threatening.

I feel like that's because they put up a smoke screen to go at the local/state level.

Scream and kick and moan about obama Non stop, all while doing the work to get GOP into state houses and governors

It worked.
After the Republicans were humiliated in the '64 LBJ/Goldwater debacle they over time decided to get the state houses, assemblies and governorships. That then would even also eventually produce extreme gerrymandering. So heu've been at this for a loooong time.

Trump decided to do the Yemen raid after he heard that Obama rejected the raid for being too risky.

But Benghazi, emails.

Fuck y'all

I hear ya.
I so wish Hillary had reminded people that that embassy and some others were begging for more funds to get more Security BEFORE Beghazi ! :|

We have keep fighting what's going on now but ALSO do serious prep and voter outreach etc for 2018! At lead taken ng back one (preferably both!!!) Congressional Chambers would this a monkeywtench into Trump/Banon & Ryan's plans. Unfortunately who knows how much more damage will done before then.

And Sessions!? :crack: :gah:

And Ms Theocratic DeVoss. Yikrs!

After the Republicans were humiliated in the '64 LBJ/Goldwater debacle they over time decided to get the state houses, assemblies and governorships. That then would even also eventually produce extreme gerrymandering. So heu've been at this for a loooong time.

I hear ya.
I so wish Hillary had reminded people that that embassy and some others were begging for more funds to get more Security BEFORE Beghazi ! :|

We have keep fighting what's going on now but ALSO do serious prep and voter outreach etc for 2018! At lead taken ng back one (preferably both!!!) Congressional Chambers would this a monkeywtench into Trump/Banon & Ryan's plans. Unfortunately who knows how much more damage will done before then.

And Sessions!? :crack: :gah:

And Ms Theocratic DeVoss. Yikrs!
Yeah the Dems getting back both houses will not happen in 2018. You have more seats up for re election than the GOP does remember that.

Trump decided to do the Yemen raid after he heard that Obama rejected the raid for being too risky.

But Benghazi, emails.

Fuck y'all

I guess its comparing Apples to Oranges but remember when Carter OK'ed the Secret mission to get the hostages out of Iran....Ya know the one that failed so horribly and turned into a massive PR nightmare? That was under a Democrats watch.

Every decision the President makes puts lives at risk. Doesn't matter who party they belong to. For one reason or another Trumps decision to do the Yemen raid failed and cost a operator his life.

Just letting you know was all

Yeah but calling him "your attorney general" like he's not yours as well was a bit weird...just comes off as gloating.

Wow and the gop confirmed this useless tool? It's a long video but well worth seeing! Education is screwed now!

Holy shit, what a fuking shambles. Great job, Trump voters.

How do you Trump voters explain Betsey Devos? I'm kinda sure most of you would agree with your party senators that she's a good pick, so care to explain how?

Landmark day; you just approved someone for AG that was deemed too racist for the 80's. Be proud Trumpets, we're ALMOST to the 50's.

Making America Great Again, huh?

Back to the 50s when minorities, including women knew their place.

How do you Trumps explain this away?

I guess its comparing Apples to Oranges but remember when Carter OK'ed the Secret mission to get the hostages out of Iran....Ya know the one that failed so horribly and turned into a massive PR nightmare? That was under a Democrats watch.

Every decision the President makes puts lives at risk. Doesn't matter who party they belong to. For one reason or another Trumps decision to do the Yemen raid failed and cost a operator his life.

It's not simply for "one reason or another", it's the amount of planning, risk assessment etc. that's going into it. Of course such a mission is risky, but in this case pretty quickly it came to light that planning was poor, and basic information about the structure and defense were false or unknown.

The icing on the cake for AQAP (besides having killed one of the almost mythical Seal Team 6) is that the 8-year old daughter of Anwar al-Awlaki got killed, and that shortly after the President took office who during his campaign said, "We have to go after their families." They didn't waste a second to let everyone know about it.

If it's true that part of the reason for approving the mission was simply that Obama deemed it too risky, and judging by the character of Trump it doesn't seem unlikely, then there is a case ten times bigger than Benghazi could ever be.

In other news, Sean Spicer is now also onto attacks that never happened (this one in Atlanta, Germany apparently)

"What do we say to the family who loses somebody over a terroristic (sic) -- to whether it's Atlanta or San Bernardino or the Boston bomber? Those people, each of whom had gone out to a country and then come back," Spicer said.

Sean Spicer cites Atlanta terror attack that never happened - CNNPolitics.com

In related news, the Bowling Green Massacre that almost did happen:

“This defendant, quite simply, was a well-funded, well-armed and focused one-man army of racial and religious hate,” prosecutors said in a court filing.

The man arrested and charged was Richard Schmidt, a middle-aged owner of a sports-memorabilia business at a mall in town. Prosecutors would later call him a white supremacist. His planned targets, federal authorities said, had been African-Americans and Jews. They’d found a list with the names and addresses of those to be assassinated, including the leaders of N.A.A.C.P. chapters in Michigan and Ohio.

But Mr. Schmidt wound up being sentenced to less than six years in prison, after a federal judge said prosecutors had failed to adequately establish that he was a political terrorist, and he is scheduled for release in February 2018. The foiling of what the government worried was a credible plan for mass murder gained little national attention.

[...]

At the Southern Poverty Law Center, Ryan Lenz tracks racist and extreme-right terrorists. So far, he said, he’s seen little from the Trump administration to suggest it will make a priority of combating political violence carried out by American racist groups.

“It doesn’t seem at all like they are interested in pursuing extremists inspired by radical right ideologies,” said Mr. Lenz, who edits the organization’s HateWatch publication.

Indeed, Reuters reported last week that the Department of Homeland Security is planning to retool its Countering Violent Extremism program to focus solely on Islamic radicals. Government sources told the news agency the program would be rebranded as “Countering Islamic Extremism” or “Countering Radical Islamic Extremism,” and “would no longer target groups such as white supremacists who have also carried out bombings and shootings in the United States.”

It wouldn’t be the first time the Department of Homeland Security chose to look away. In 2009, Daryl Johnson, then an analyst with the department, drafted a study of right-wing radicals in the United States. Mr. Johnson saw a confluence of factors that might energize the movement and its threat: the historic election of an African-American president; rising rates of immigration; proposed gun control legislation; and a wave of military veterans returning to civilian life at a time of painful economic recession.

The report predicted an uptick in extremist activity, particularly within “the white supremacist and militia movements.”

Response to the document was swift and punishing. Conservative news outlets and Republican leaders condemned Mr. Johnson’s report as a work of “anti-military bigotry” and an attack on conservative opinion. Janet Napolitano, the head of Homeland Security at the time, retracted the report and closed Mr. Johnson’s office, the Extremism and Radicalization Branch.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/08/...ssacre.html?smid=fb-nytopinion&smtyp=cur&_r=0

:sigh:

Another deflection, another completely shit comparison.

If you're going to deflect by trying to come up with some comparison from decades ago, try to make it, well you know comparable :shrug:

These constant shit comparisons are very telling.

There is no "for one reason or another", we all know why it failed; incompetency and ego.

Last edited:
Considering the alternative to believing the Trump administration is knowing you voted a lunatic into the White House, this should not be a surprise.

It's an interesting psychological study, this almost pathological inability to admit that maybe the person you supported isn't suited for the enormity of his position. It's as if the crazier he gets and the more he lies, the more they become entrenched in the need to twist into a pretzel to defend his behaviour.

Another deflection, another completely shit comparison.

If you're going to deflect by trying to come up with some comparison from decades ago, try to make it, well you know comparable :shrug:

These constant shit comparisons are very telling.

There is no "for one reason or another", we all know why it failed; incompetency and ego.

ITS' NOT A DAMN DEFLECTION!

The point I was trying to make is the decision to send men and women into a hostile situation should never be taken lightly.

And its not a shitty comparison.....It was another failed mission by special operators due to among other things flubbing at the top.

ITS' NOT A DAMN DEFLECTION!

The point I was trying to make is the decision to send men and women into a hostile situation should never be taken lightly.

And its not a shitty comparison.....It was another failed mission by special operators due to among other things flubbing at the top.
It's a pretty shitty comparison.

There's a fairly large difference between a failed mission, and a failed mission carried out only because of some one person dick swinging contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom