Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The GOP don't care

I agree! Trump could seriously hire a hitman to go after one of his critics and then tweet about it, yet trump supporters will still love him but worst yet the GOP would do dick all and probably defend his move to hire a hit man and say it was for national security or some garbage like that!

Trump exists in a never ending fog of war. You don't know what's realz what's fake, what's fake on purpose and what's just some Howard Stern fan yelling bababooey.

We are now living inside reality TV

We do know what's real and what's fake. We just need to rely on respected journalists, knowledgeable institutions and multiple sources to establish truth.

It doesn't take a lot to realize that the bowling green massacre never happened, the murder rate in the US is close to historic lows, not historic highs, climate change is real and human-caused, vaccines DO work and do NOT cause autism, Obama was born in Hawaii, Evolution is real, etc etc etc.

All it takes to know the truth is to be wise about where you get your information and not have a pre-conceived political, cultural or racial affiliation that blinds you to facts.

The whole 8 hour ambulance thing? Yes, if your situation isn't dire, indeed they might make you wait.

wait a second, what the fuck? is having to wait up to *8 hours* for an ambulance really a thing anywhere in the developed world? here in canada if you call 911 and tell them you need an ambulance, an ambulance is coming. and probably firefighters and police too. you may not really need it, but that's up to the EMTs to determine once they get there. how in the hell could a 911 dispatcher do proper triage over the phone to decide how long you can wait?

the only time i've ever heard of anyone waiting more than an hour for an ambulance here is during a blizzard. at least that's how it is in canada anywhere even close to the kinds of population density the UK has.

Paaaaleeeeeeaaaaasssseee

Pretty Damning to me. Couple that the East Anglia Consortium Data Tweaking, Michael Mann tweaking the data to make the Scary Hockey Stick Graph at PSU. It used to be the Coming Ice Age in the 1970s, then it got changed to Global Warming in the 1990s, when it didn't warm fast enough, and we still haven't a had Category 3 landfall since 2005 on the Mainland USA it became 'Climate Change'. Just as a coverall term for anything extreme.

I sincerely hope that the fact that trump is using the official POTUS Twitter to rant and talk about his daughters bussiness, gets the impeachment rolling! I work for a regional government, if I used my official email to persuade others to my bussiness on the side, I would be fired on the spot and the union would probably agree! Why is this not happenning with trump?
Can you imagine Hilary Clinton did this, the outcry and calls for impeachment would be insane.

Can you imagine Hilary Clinton did this, the outcry and calls for impeachment would be insane.

Just like the whole executive order business. When Obama passed executive orders it was a blatant example of government overreach and Obama abusing his power and so on.

Meanwhile, Trump's passed how many executive orders in two weeks, and...crickets.

wait a second, what the fuck? is having to wait up to *8 hours* for an ambulance really a thing anywhere in the developed world? here in canada if you call 911 and tell them you need an ambulance, an ambulance is coming. and probably firefighters and police too. you may not really need it, but that's up to the EMTs to determine once they get there. how in the hell could a 911 dispatcher do proper triage over the phone to decide how long you can wait?

the only time i've ever heard of anyone waiting more than an hour for an ambulance here is during a blizzard. at least that's how it is in canada anywhere even close to the kinds of population density the UK has.

Sorry, I sort of merged two points into one. That was one of the exaggerated points that Ted Cruz made. Some woman waited 8 hours for an ambulance. That's not normal.

So, personal experience, a friend of mine collapsed at dinner for an unknown reason. Lost consciousness. He slowly regained consciousness and the dispatcher asked us to effectively triage him. Ask him to say this. Ask him to do that. Blah blah blah. He was fully back by then, so they basically said hey, we aren't going to dispatch for you because we are short right now but it doesn't seem as though you have anything life threatening (not a stroke, heart attack, etc etc). Come ASAP.

Long story short, I found it odd that they would ever have that problem. But, alas, it's a thing in the U.K.. 8 hours is a total anomaly, but being told to wait or bring yourself if possible isn't.

The fucking President of the world's third biggest country is using his Twitter account to attack a company for not stocking his daughter's beauty products. This is so fucking far beyond the pale.

Lol alternative polls!

latest

Gutting the military does not make the country stronger. Part of having a strong country is having a strong military. When we had a strong military we were stronger economically...Take a look at how much production occurred during the Cold War....You may not like it but there was a lot of truth to that.

Look at our energy policy during the Obama years. The war on Coal & Oil & Natural gas. Shutting down oil production on my side of the state put a lot of people out of work. Same thing with shutting down the mines. How is that a boost for the economy? Energy policy should focus on a all around approach. Obama wanted to put all our eggs in one basket in regards to clean energy and you can't do that. Pursue towards getting us off fossil fuels but don't shut of the tap early.

There are a lot of jobs waiting to be had as far as rebuilding America (Roads, bridges, etc etc) We need to put money into that.

I saw a report within the last day that 5000 public jobs were created but 10.000 Govt jobs were eliminated.....Not sure what to think about that.

Your military spending theory is not conclusively supported. What you are arguing is demand-side economics, in which the state asks for the production of military equipment and labour in the form of soliders and other military personnel. This has been found to have slightly positive effects for developed economies at best, insignificant effects at worst, whereas it has insignificant effects for less developed countries at best, and negative effects for the countries at the worst.
Issues here involve crowding-out effects of investment, but also growing national debt and opportunity costs. E.g., if there is a surplus in labour, the military is a good tool to absorb some of these. Where there is a shortage of labour, military service can have detrimental effects.
However, the relationship is non-linear, i.e. more defence spending doesn't automatically equate economic growth. It can also have opposing effects cross-sectorally (just think of labour: The US has a surplus of unskilled labour, so people with low qualifications who join the Army or Marines are good because they likely wouldn't find jobs otherwise. However, in other industries there might be too few available skilled employees, thus, every person who decides to defend the country will be missed at these workplaces. Of course, these jobs could then be filled with people coming from outside the country, but you know, walls and travel bans and a hostile environment... you get the picture.

Regarding your jobs in the coal industries, you are betting on the wrong horses here. These industries are not competitive, at least not without heavy subsidies, which should offend any libertarian. Jobs in the coal industry are way down, and they pay little. In order to become competitive, you'd have to drive labour costs down to the point that it becomes outright offensive.
The solar industry, on the other hand, is quickly growing. Forbes just claimed this industry employs more than coal, oil and gas combined.
Also, it pays much better. The median wage for solar installers according to this source is $26, as compared to below $20 for coal miners (not to forget the costs to the health of a person working in a coal mine as compared to installing solar panels).

The fucking President of the world's third biggest country is using his Twitter account to attack a company for not stocking his daughter's beauty products. This is so fucking far beyond the pale.

I honestly don't know how his supporters aren't fazed by this nonsense. Are they seriously THAT void of any shame or embarrassment? How do people think it's even remotely okay for a country's leader to behave this childishly?

Look, they will confirm everybody, this isn't news. The whole revolting crew of them.

Every one of them will hang around the necks of every Republicans in the coming elections. We had a conservative Premier in Ontario in the mid-late 90s who basically antagonized pretty much every group leading to massive strikes (I remember being off for 2 and 3 weeks in my last couple of years of high school). Needless to say by the time he left office he was reviled and frankly is a rude and entitled person in real life, I subsequently had the misfortune of having to deal with him. Anyway, his party has basically not been able to recover from this for nearly 20 years. I think that is now coming to pass but literally every single election since has been run on the opposition parties running against him even though he's been long gone. This is what will probably happen with Trump, time will tell.

Look, they will confirm everybody, this isn't news. The whole revolting crew of them.

Every one of them will hang around the necks of every Republicans in the coming elections. We had a conservative Premier in Ontario in the mid-late 90s who basically antagonized pretty much every group leading to massive strikes (I remember being off for 2 and 3 weeks in my last couple of years of high school). Needless to say by the time he left office he was reviled and frankly is a rude and entitled person in real life, I subsequently had the misfortune of having to deal with him. Anyway, his party has basically not been able to recover from this for nearly 20 years. I think that is now coming to pass but literally every single election since has been run on the opposition parties running against him even though he's been long gone. This is what will probably happen with Trump, time will tell.
I remember that in the 90's! I remember the high school strikes and Bill c51 if I remember correctly!

Last edited:

One can only hope. I thought the same after W., and yet here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom