Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's irresponsible? Making assumptions.

1. Sanders doesn't know what her books look like. He tried to make that clear. 'I don't know anything about hairdressing salons in Ft. Worth.' He doesn't know if this woman, who owns 5 stores, is making 150k a year, 50k a year, or 500k a year. Fair enough, it's a difficult dollar value to estimate.

2. He isn't exactly in a position to ask how much gross income her business reels in.

3. He's not a business advisor to her. Theoretically, the 'simple answer' is that either cutting wages or raising prices would have an impact. It's not his job to determine that -- that's her job. It's definitely not his job to make that recommendation if he has no idea what kind of money she deals in.

All in all, she still brings up a fair point. Is the number 50 some arbitrarily chosen number that was nice and round? Or was research placed to determine that number? Should that number be a function based upon location? (Probably). He didn't come off with a robust answer on that question, but to his credit, he didn't pansy around the question like Cruz does, and he didn't flat out lie to her (like plenty of other politicians would). He missed a chance at getting points, but he hardly looked stupid in the face of an incredibly generalized scenario that requires far more information to be able to answer.

Not looking for him to be an adviser, just at least understand the scenario. He was asked what should business owners do, he answered 'I believe' so no he didn't answer the question.

This debate has been going on for how long? So know why we can't open up policies over state lines.

I lean his direction and I think he came off incredibly unprepared and clueless, I can only imagine what others who may not lean that way may think.

That is so nitpicky and betrays your bias against Sanders.

I don't see how it's either. My complaint, and the reason I was never able to fully support him is because I never saw any real details in his plans. He's a big picture guy, and some of his big pictures I really like, but you have to be able to tell me how it works, and you absolutely have to be able to argue the basics.

Four years of college; if you had a professor say you still haven't even learned the basic tenants of the ongoing issue that you've had 4 years to learn, one would be a fool to say that professor is being nitpicky or showing bias.

Uhh did you guys see trumps latest Twitter rants?? Unreal. He is embarrassing himself and the country more and more everyday!
The official POTUS account has just retweeted Trumps Nordstrom Ivanka Tweet. There's a whole load of legal problems right there any Nordstrom shareholder could sue for using the official POTUS account. What a mess.

As it happens my toddler has no clothes for the summer, just a bunch of winter stuff.

Normally I would not be the douche parent buying things for him at Nordstrom..alas, will head over there at lunch tomorrow. Thanks, Donald.

Spicer on POTUS standing up for daughter Ivanka to Nordstrom: "This is a direct attack on his policies and her name."https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/829405646508417024

This is insane, Trump is using his status to attack an America company on behalf of his daughter. This is absolute impeachment stuff.

What was the answer, then?

I don't know if there's "the answer", but at least act like you understand that it puts a burden on those companies that make those transitions, talk to the benefits of investing in your employees, talk to having less downtime or short on staff time due to having healthy employees or employees that are not having to wait all day at emergency clinics. Something. Don't look blindsided and give me an "I believe" answer.

I don't know if there's "the answer", but at least act like you understand that it puts a burden on those companies that make those transitions, talk to the benefits of investing in your employees, talk to having less downtime or short on staff time due to having healthy employees or employees that are not having to wait all day at emergency clinics. Something. Don't look blindsided and give me an "I believe" answer.

God forbid a politician doesn't sugarcoat his answers.

But it wasn't an answer to her question, and that's my point. She wasn't asking do you think it's fair that I have to...

I really have no idea why we're having this discussion.

There was no responsible answer to her question! You want him to make shit up so that he "looks like" he knows what he's talking about. Nobody on that stage in that scenario is going to actually know what they're talking about.

I don't see how it's either. My complaint, and the reason I was never able to fully support him is because I never saw any real details in his plans. He's a big picture guy, and some of his big pictures I really like, but you have to be able to tell me how it works, and you absolutely have to be able to argue the basics.

Four years of college; if you had a professor say you still haven't even learned the basic tenants of the ongoing issue that you've had 4 years to learn, one would be a fool to say that professor is being nitpicky or showing bias.
But it wasn't an answer to her question, and that's my point. She wasn't asking do you think it's fair that I have to...

I really have no idea why we're having this discussion.
I'm still not sure if you are arguing that he is ignorant of the issue or dancing around it. Regardless, your argument simply reads like you didn't like his approach, and you're trying to attack the substance because of that approach.

I agree with LN7, it's a question that you can't give a good answer to without knowing the specifics of a given situation. Pivoting back to a broad answer that is more to the overall point makes sense in light of that.

There was no responsible answer to her question! You want him to make shit up so that he "looks like" he knows what he's talking about. Nobody on that stage in that scenario is going to actually know what they're talking about.

Yes, somebody on that stage better actually know what they're talking about. This debate is not new, the 50 employee issue has been one Republicans have been talking about since the dawn of Obamacare. So if you were prepared then you know how to answer it; you have the studies ready that show the returns on having employees on healthcare vs not, you look into any tax benefits, you have an answer. Be prepared, know what you're talking about, I don't understand why you think this was some brand new scenario that just happened to come up. I watched the debate furiously because I knew more about the retorts to Cruz's answers than he did and that is not my career, I wasn't called to be the expert.

Yes, somebody on that stage better actually know what they're talking about. This debate is not new, the 50 employee issue has been one Republicans have been talking about since the dawn of Obamacare. So if you were prepared then you know how to answer it; you have the studies ready that show the returns on having employees on healthcare vs not, you look into any tax benefits, you have an answer. Be prepared, know what you're talking about, I don't understand why you think this was some brand new scenario that just happened to come up. I watched the debate furiously because I knew more about the retorts to Cruz's answers than he did and that is not my career, I wasn't called to be the expert.

Bernie has always been very good at just yelling things. He's been very bad at producing actual data. It's easier to yell and scream about inequality than actually do something about it. He does very well with the youth because that's the society we are in. We feel good about posting a rant on social media thinking we just changed the world.

All this being said, had Bernie been the nominee against Trump. I would have voted for him without hesitation.

Had Bernie been against ANY of the GOP, I would have voted for him.

Romney might have given me some pause, only because I don't consider him vile, or extreme in many areas of his life or how he governed. But still probably would have gone with Bernie as a means to check congress.

Thank you for ignoring what I wrote and reposting what you've already written, plus some heinous assumptions.

Retweeting on the official POTUS account is a way for them to comply with any "official records" act that may be used for a FOI request.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using U2 Interference mobile app

What assumptions? And what did I ignore?

What assumptions? How bout this guy?

I don't understand why you think this was some brand new scenario that just happened to come up.

I'm what alternative universe do you live where your argument is simply supported by saying something and therefore it being true? Well... Trump's universe... it's rubbing off on you. Knock it off.

What did you ignore? You've ignored every point I've made about how Sanders gave an honest answer to a vague scenario. You seem to think there was a way of answering that question without making things up. You haven't provided a direct answer yourself that indeed is truthful.

What assumptions? How bout this guy?

I'm what alternative universe do you live where your argument is simply supported by saying something and therefore it being true? Well... Trump's universe... it's rubbing off on you. Knock it off.

What did you ignore? You've ignored every point I've made about how Sanders gave an honest answer to a vague scenario. You seem to think there was a way of answering that question without making things up. You haven't provided a direct answer yourself that indeed is truthful.

"I believe any company 50 employees or more should pay for insurance."

Sorry, I don't see that as an honest answer to the question. Where did I say 'say something and therefore it's true"?

There are studies. I'm in an industry that deals with the benefits of companies focusing on health and office culture. Where have you been, I'm not just making this up.

"I believe any company 50 employees or more should pay for insurance."

Sorry, I don't see that as an honest answer to the question. Where did I say 'say something and therefore it's true"?

It's like you're quite literally ignoring the post I quoted you in. You make some strange, absurd assumption of my basis to the topic.

There are studies. I'm in an industry that deals with the benefits of companies focusing on health and office culture. Where have you been, I'm not just making this up.

Where have I been? What are you even saying?

You've still ignored two requests now to provide an answer to hair salon lady's question. What should she do, lower wages, or raise prices? Basic economics, as you said.

You've still ignored two requests now to provide an answer to hair salon lady's question. What should she do, lower wages, or raise prices? Basic economics, as you said.

Holy crap, I'm walking away. You're not yourself when you're hungry.

Sander's answered with 'I believe'. You find that to be an honest answer, I don't.

I do think there was a way to speak to the fears(and not look like you're confused to this phenomenon) and speak to the benefits she will gain in doing so. You provide studies that talk to these benefits, and to me that's a much more honest answer than 'I believe'.

As I said, outside of that question, I saw an unprepared Sanders that seems to get thrown off when it comes to speaking basic economics. He has big picture, very few details.

I apologize to anyone for speaking ill of the messiah.

I sincerely hope that the fact that trump is using the official POTUS Twitter to rant and talk about his daughters bussiness, gets the impeachment rolling! I work for a regional government, if I used my official email to persuade others to my bussiness on the side, I would be fired on the spot and the union would probably agree! Why is this not happenning with trump?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom