Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and those horrible autocratic and theocratic regimes have often existed with Western support.

Rather than blame Islam it would be better for people to blame humanity. We do horrible things and then use the predominant system to justify it, whether it's capitalism or Islam or anything in between.

It's amazing to me that so many people are concerned about the rights of women and LGBTQ is the Muslim world but don't care that those groups are treated just as poorly in the (Christian) Caribbean and (Christian) parts of Africa, or about persecution of those groups at the hands of Christian groups in America. Basically, discrimination is OK if it's done in the name of Christ.

and those horrible autocratic and theocratic regimes have often existed with Western support.

Rather than blame Islam it would be better for people to blame humanity. We do horrible things and then use the predominant system to justify it, whether it's capitalism or Islam or anything in between.

It's amazing to me that so many people are concerned about the rights of women and LGBTQ is the Muslim world but don't care that those groups are treated just as poorly in the (Christian) Caribbean and (Christian) parts of Africa, or about persecution of those groups at the hands of Christian groups in America. Basically, discrimination is OK if it's done in the name of Christ.

No. It's horrible and everywhere. And for those issues in Africa, it's our own Christian groups that go over there and set up the policies.

And yes, humanity is the real source. We have the ability to do so much good, but also to create horrors.

Causing harm to others, either thru a belief system or not, is wrong.

And nothing gets done because it's difficult to empathize on a scale that large. It's easier to get upset about a missing white child than it is to hundreds of abducted African children. We are naturally biased to our race, culture or society.

Russians are invading Korea and Bush is still President.

Big takeaways from Democratic House Presser today.

(Maxine Waters & Nancy Pelosi)

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Nancy Pelosi was quoted as saying although Trump's moves to this point cause concern he has not done anything illegal to warrant impeachment.

well either she's wrong, you misquoted her, or she never said anything like that at all because he's obviously in violation of the emoluments clause and has been since day one, pretty sure constitutional lawyers are in general agreement about that.

i think that charge is going to be kept in the back pocket so that if he crosses republicans a bit too much they always have something they can hang him with. maybe being held as some leverage for mcconnell and ryan et al. i'm just speculating here, ofc.

Always possible to screw up when speaking off-the-cuff

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

So I'm assuming you're now retracting your "if Kellyanne Conway has said this multiple times..." mea culpa?

She spoke off the cuff in what, 3 or 4 interviews with different media?

Betsy DeVos buys a cabinet position. The GOP continues to prove that it has zero spine and does not care about the will of the people. When will its voters learn? When will you guys in this thread learn that they do not give a fuck about you?

I look forward to seeing the 'Betsy Devos Center for Kids Who Can't Read Good And Who Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too'; pop up all over the country!

That swamp barely has any water left it's been drained so good.

"School choice" has always been code for "let rich people decide the curriculum instead of the government." The next generation will be taught capitalism is faultless.

I'm sure the Trump supporters will find another way to justify and excuse this latest round of insanity. If any other politician pulled half the crap this administration's been pulling thus far, they'd be (rightly) raked over the coals, but for some reason apparently the Trump administration can do whatever the hell it wants and somehow it's totally okay and acceptable in their supporters' eyes.

Just complete and total maddening bullshit.

Trump's deputy assistant:

"There is a monumental desire on behalf of the majority of the media, not just the pollsters, the majority of the media to attack a duly elected President in the second week of his term," Gorka, a former Breitbart editor who also holds a PhD in political science, told syndicated conservative radio host Michael Medved.

"That's how unhealthy the situation is and until the media understands how wrong that attitude is, and how it hurts their credibility, we are going to continue to say, 'fake news.' I'm sorry, Michael. That's the reality," he added.

Well, at least we have the definition of fake news now!

I like how calling Trump and his cronies out on their lies apparently constitutes an "attack" now.

Good lord, I don't think I've ever seen such a thin-skinned group of whiners as these guys in the White House before. Welcome to the harsh world of politics, guys, grow the fuck up and get over yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom