Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just keep thinking of that "Twilight Zone" episode, "Monsters are Due on Maple Street". These last few weeks have felt eerily reminiscent of that storyline.

And things did not end well for the characters in that episode.
We read that in class as a play in middle school. Always gave me the creeps.

Person of the year to impeachment of the year...

So will he be able to call them 'fake' is the question?!
I've been wondering if he'd be willing to attack Time, since he talked big about being on the front cover so many times... We'll certainly see.

In what universe does any sentient being actually believe that the likes of Trump and Kellyanne Conway deserve the benefit of the doubt?

Is their mouth open? They're lying.

50-75k likes on every tweet. Someone is still buying into his horseshit.

What's comforting is how biting and combative the top responses have become.

Trump: "media ignores terror attacks."

Spicer: "well, more like under-reported."

List appears. Features Orlando, San Bernardino, Paris. (Gosh, why didn't anyone talk about those?)

List misspells "attacker" multiple times, as well as San Bernardino and Denmark.

Trump: "media ignores terror attacks."

Spicer: "well, more like under-reported."

List appears. Features Orlando, San Bernardino, Paris. (Gosh, why didn't anyone talk about those?)

List misspells "attacker" multiple times, as well as San Bernardino and Denmark.
Lol I am seeing this on the news now! The list of attacks trump says were never covered is too funny! Oddly somehow I know about all these terrorist attacks! Strange since they were never reported lol.

This guy is beyond nuts!!! Ps I will never forget that day when Bowling Green massacre never happened lol

Last edited:
Anitram

If Milo is criticizing Islam because of its history of prejudice against women and homosexuals I don't see the issue.....Its important to have open dialogue on the subject.

Now if he is just doing it to spread hate and that can be proved by something else other than media that comes from the left I'd be inclined to believe it and would condemn what he's doing.

Fair enough?

I addressed some of your points on Islam a couple of dozen pages ago, but you didn't respond to anything.

If Hillary would have divorced Bill she would have lost the name and all the prestige that goes with it. Sometimes its a mutually beneficial situation despite things like infidelity. Hillary would have lost a lot of benefits that come with the name if she divorced him.

You are purely speculating about her motives in order to justify your animosity towards her.

To be frank, that's the best hope the world has.

There are already rumblings that the Koch brothers are against Trump which makes total sense when you consider the fact that their businesses are likely net importers so this border tax is a no-go. The more of these guys that band together, the sooner Trump will be gone.

Because he may not believe in the polls, but Paul Ryan and Turtle McConnell certainly do.

The Koch brothers were always against him, resisted fundraising for him and had a lot of their ilk not getting behind Trump.
I can't agree with the Koch brothers one bit, but just like with Dick Cheney, you can see that their actions come from a place of principles. Awful principles, but principles they are.

I've been wondering if he'd be willing to attack Time, since he talked big about being on the front cover so many times... We'll certainly see.

He can heap praise on you one second, and shoot you down the next, just based on whether he thinks you were positive or negative about him.

The list hops from Afghanistan to Algeria to Australia but, without explanation, does not mention Israel, where incidents included a bus bombing in Jerusalem last year, carried out by a 19-year-old Palestinian, that injured 20 people.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...rror-list-paris-attacks-berlin-truck-killings

Claiming these events haven't been "adequately covered" of course is a perfect response. This way, no matter the amount of coverage, you can just say, "Well, that wasn't enough."
Some attacks garner more coverage, others less. It goes in waves up and down.

This sums it up perfectly.

16473580_583286271861943_556349875662256700_n.jpg

I've already said in the broad scope of things between the two of them Trump's views on individual liberty spoke to my more than Hillary's globalist views.

And still you were purely speculating as to why she stuck it out with her husband.

Trump says terror attacks 'under-reported': Is that true? - BBC News

Some terrorist incidents do get more coverage than others, a point hotly debated on social media.
Most of the atrocities listed by the White House were committed by Islamists, and the killing of nine black worshippers by a self-avowed white supremacist in South Carolina is notably absent.
Absent too is the 2016 bombing of a shopping centre in Baghdad that killed some 300 people, and last week's deadly assault on a mosque in Quebec City.

This thread moves fast. Can you give me the points one more time? :reject:

Hence I said a couple of dozen pages ago, lol.

I think through two things - ignorance of the reality of Sharia, and much publicised cases where Muslims in positions of authority have been very poor Muslims, if not non-Muslims in Muslim disguise. For example, 100 years ago we had stories of awful Turkish sultans, and people being rushed to blocks to have their hands cut off etc. The media picks out certain cases and blows them up. This current (mis)interpretation of Sharia derives from the media, imams who misinterpret it for their own control and power, etc. Christianity has cases of people being awful, too. Westbro, for example?

What you see and call Sharia law today, evidenced only by the gross actions of people in power, is not what the Quran or Hadiths claim. You have extremists in all religions, no?

Source?

Plenty have condemned extremists and extremism, and plenty are continuing to do so, including folks in power. And why do you even expect all the moderate ones to speak up? Is that fair? Did you expect all white teenagers to 'speak up' after Dylan Roof?

I'd like it if you responded to my posts on the previous page, bloodysunday. I like a good, intellectual debate.

Here they are.

The Koch brothers were always against him, resisted fundraising for him and had a lot of their ilk not getting behind Trump.

They were against him in principle but they elected to sit back and see how things play out because they, like so many others, erroneously believed that once he is in office he'd be controlled by the existing bureaucracy and Paul Ryan would be able to pass all the legislation that really interests them.

Seems like they'll have to go into a more active opposition mode now.

Hence I said a couple of dozen pages ago, lol.

Here they are.

Actually, I tend to leave the left view on this subject.

And I'll probably be attacked for my opinion but

There are plenty of passages that call for violence in both the Koran and Hadith. These are what the extremist site for their actions. Of course one could say they are misinterpreting their holy book, but so is the case with every religion. You'd think the word of God would be pretty clear cut and absolute.....

I think looking at statistics/polls of the Muslim world shows it has a long way to go for human rights. And that's what concerns me most. I do not believe every Muslim is a terrorist or wants to spread Islam throughout the world. I think majority would prefer to be left alone.

But the numbers show a larger number than just a small minority who would prefer the death penalty for apostates, for drawing their prophet, banning or killing homosexuals. These aren't fringe numbers, in same cases they are the majority. Normal people like you and me who happen to hold pretty extreme view/beliefs.

I heard a decent analogy. That if Mormons went and killed the creators of South Park for the Book of Mormon, none of us would have excused that religion. If scientologists went around blowing themselves up in other countries, we would hold them accountable.

Extremism in Islam is a threat, and there has to be a better conversation about it. Maybe the media doesn't cover the reformers, or the Muslim population who speaks out against it, but it seems like they cannot out of fear of being a target.

The conversation has to happen within the Muslim community, the West can empower those moderate to liberal voices, but we've done enough damage by intervening.

I don't think we need to fight extremism with more extremism (Muslim ban) but we can't have every conversation end up the same way. Even if we eliminated terrorism, there's still plenty of human right issues carried out by the name of religion that needs reforming.

I don't know. It's early. I'm rambling

The main problem in the predominantly Muslim world is a lack of secular education (which flows from horrible autocratic and theocratic regimes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom