Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is who you guys voted for; questioning the validity of our judicial system. Telling American citizens to blame the courts for his inability to enact an unconstitutional executive order.

You do not ever get off the hook for voting for this man. Ever.

No "well who would have guessed that he'd do THAT!" or "well I mean I assumed he'd pivot" bullshit.

This is your candidate. This is your president.

Fucking own it.
I will never forgive trump voters no matter what bs they try to throw at me to convince me other wise! You are 100% right headache, this is their doing and they need to seriously own it!

So basically Trump is signalling his intent to either weaken or even abolish the judicial branch in the event of an attack.

Now here's what I don't understand. People are not "pouring in". Canada, which has 35 million people, took in three times the amount of Syrian refugees (30,000) last year than the U.S. did. On average we accept approximately 300,000 immigrants annually and I don't think that's enough. Personally, I'd love to see more accepted.

And all these people who are "pouring in" have gone through a vigorous vetting process that takes years. In reality the U.S. border extends well beyond its shores and really begins at the first point of contact with refugees overseas.

One thing that is not often said enough is that we as North Americans benefit from one thing that Europe does not: geography. It is very difficult for anyone with ill intent to just come over here, as opposed to Europe where once a terrorist reaches the continent they can basically go anywhere they please.

That, plus the vetting process is why there has been ZERO terrorist attacks launched by refugees.

So basically Trump is signalling his intent to either weaken or even abolish the judicial branch in the event of an attack.

Now here's what I don't understand. People are not "pouring in". Canada, which has 35 million people, took in three times the amount of Syrian refugees (30,000) last year than the U.S. did. On average we accept approximately 300,000 immigrants annually and I don't think that's enough. Personally, I'd love to see more accepted.

And all these people who are "pouring in" have gone through a vigorous vetting process that takes years. In reality the U.S. border extends well beyond its shores and really begins at the first point of contact with refugees overseas.

One thing that is not often said enough is that we as North Americans benefit from one thing that Europe does not: geography. It is very difficult for anyone with ill intent to just come over here, as opposed to Europe where once a terrorist reaches the continent they can basically go anywhere they please.

That, plus the vetting process is why there has been ZERO terrorist attacks launched by refugees.
And here in Canada despite the fact that we accept a lot more refugees, we have not had an attack by a refugee! But ofcourse we just had an attack by a trump supporter! Go figure!

That's your response to all this? That's what you've got to say to our President trashing one of the 3 pillars of our government because it's functioning as intended?

Game is about to start. I was responding to the post above saying ZERO attacks from the countries. Sorry for not quoting.

Super Bowl time

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

we absolutely need as many immigrants as we can get here in canada. especially if the us is getting insanely more protectionist. we'll take your immigrants, your refugees and your exports too. stick the statue of liberty on george's island in halifax harbour and reopen pier 21. they are such a benefit to this country.

Last edited:
we absolutely need as many immigrants as we can get here in canada. especially if the us is getting insanely more protectionist. we'll take your immigrants, your refugees and your exports too. stick the statue of liberty on george's island in halifax harbour and reopen pier 21. they are such a benefit to this country.

^^this!

how difficult is it to immigrate to Canada? seriously - if Le Pen gets in here in France, we might need a Plan B

we're very safe up here.

211203a339557387b6001a50dfb9cd09.jpg

5dbf701a0cc134eb3d58a22b815e2e57.jpg

canada-amp-039-s-navy_fb_4456655.jpg

:salute:

Legal immigrants are a huge benefit to both Canada and the U.S.

i don't give a rat's ass what papers you hold as long as you want to be a canadian. the vast, vast, vast majority of illegal immigrants just want to be productive, happy, normal members of society.

Last edited:
Trump has really given SNL new life, huh. That Melissa McCarthy skit is fucking hilarious, she was brilliant.

Next to impossible to not know about at least Pulaski living in the midwest/Great Lakes Region. His name is on everything. Very large Polish communities in that area. My favorite song by Sufjan is called Casimir Pulaski Day, even [emoji38].

I was gonna say this! Plus there's a Mt Kosciousko in Australia.

T
You do not ever get off the hook for voting for this man. Ever.

No "well who would have guessed that he'd do THAT!" or "well I mean I assumed he'd pivot" bullshit.

This is your candidate. This is your president.

Fucking own it.

They'll all disappear well before the next election.

We'll never forget what they stood for and supported.

If you have a job offer in Canada it's not that difficult to get in. Otherwise it's the points system, but the wait is longer if no job offer in hand.

I don't care about football but my husband is watching. Since Brady and Belichick are so far up Trump's ass they are coming out of his mouth, I hope that they continue to be trounced.

Game is about to start. I was responding to the post above saying ZERO attacks from the countries. Sorry for not quoting.

Super Bowl time

Not to worry, this thread will still be here when you return to give a more in depth response! :up:

Agreed, Lemon. He is either trying to consolidate power in the executive branch or he doesn't understand what he's doing. Either answer is frankly terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom