Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The American revolution was bolstered by several Polish military commanders, Pulaski and Kosciousko

Oh so that's who those streets here were named after. Makes sense that they're right next to each other in a part of town that was very heavily populated by Polish immigrants at one time (actually still sort of is, and a lot of Portuguese, but based off street names I'd guess they came later).

This is not a national crisis. Blown way out of proportion (as is mostly everything in this media frenzy)
KAC said that's not what she meant to say. I actually CAN believe the hysterics surrounding it.

The left, Democrats, and media need to pick their fights more strategically. Campus riots, obstructionism, and the "outrage of the day" make Trump look like the adult in the room getting shit done for the people. He's been picking up support and approval.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Would you feel the same way if you were of Iraqi descent, or any Middle Eastern descent for that matter?

This was an awful lie, designed to antagonize and inflame and victimize a certain group that you are not a part of. You don't need to explain it and excuse it. If you do, that tells me a lot about you and how you see things.

Absolutely.....The difference is we are not afraid to speak up against our extremists.....A lot of Moderate Muslims are and that is part of the problem.

Source?

Plenty have condemned extremists and extremism, and plenty are continuing to do so, including folks in power. And why do you even expect all the moderate ones to speak up? Is that fair? Did you expect all white teenagers to 'speak up' after Dylan Roof?

Last edited:
Awesome news about the ban :) :up:.

Saw this article online and found it interesting, too:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-throws-washington-state-anxious-170846128.html

The president's advisers have taken some steps in recent days to try to alleviate some of the anxiety gripping Washington, including coordinating more closely with Republican lawmakers ahead of the signing of executive orders and giving more deference to the agencies putting in place the refugee ban.

But uncertainty still remains the capital's prevailing mood. Just on Saturday, the departments of State and Homeland Security said they were stopping enforcement of the travel ban after a federal judge put the order on hold. The White House promised a prompt legal appeal.

Republicans who back Trump's calls for overhauling President Barack Obama's health care law are eager for guidance from the White House on what Trump will require in a replacement package. The insurance industry is becoming more alarmed by the day. Insurers start designing and pricing their offerings for 2018 early in the spring and there's still no word on tens of billions of dollars in the law's subsidies for consumers' premiums and out-of-pocket costs.

"We need predictability, and we need predictability for long periods of time in order to price, and price effectively," Marilyn Tavenner, head of America's Health Insurance Plans told a Senate committee this past week.

Some businesses are on edge, too. Amid fierce customer opposition to Trump's immigration order, Uber CEO Travis Kalanick dropped out of a White House business council. Other executives fear theirs could be the next company to wind up in Trump's crosshairs for a high-cost government contract or overseas factory move.

"There's dread in corporate America to wake up every morning and see what the latest tweet is," said Tony Podesta, a prominent Washington lobbyist.

At government agencies, many of which are waiting for Cabinet secretaries to be confirmed, career employees and holdovers from the Obama administration are sorting through executive orders that landed on their desks with little notice, compared with the lengthy interagency discussions that usually precede major policy announcements.

The rollout of travel ban was so helter-skelter that a Justice Department lawyer defending the order in court Friday didn't know how many visa-holders have been affected. The lawyer told a judge that 100,000 visa-holders have had their visa cancelled, while the State Department later clarified that it was actually fewer than 60,000 people. With the ban on hold, the State Department said Saturday it reversed the visa revocation.

Trump aides blame any early instability in government agencies on the backlog of Cabinet nominees waiting for confirmation votes in the Senate. The president has just five Cabinet nominees confirmed, far less than Obama at this point in his tenure.

But Rep. Charlie Dent, R-Pa., a longtime Trump skeptic, said the White House appears intent on "trying to check boxes" and speed through campaign promises as quickly as possible, even when ideas aren't fully formed.

"They're accelerating that when perhaps they ought to move more deliberately," Dent said.

For some organizations that oppose Trump's early actions, the chaos has been a boon.

Anthony Romero, the executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union, said he hired 30 new employees following the election, including three new immigration lawyers since Trump signed the refugee ban. He said the organization has raised more than $24 million in that same one-week stretch.

"People are motivated to take action," Romero said.

Washington veterans say it's likely Trump will settle into a more regular rhythm over time. But they say that's still unlikely to resemble anything Washington has seen before.

"He doesn't have the sensitives, the hesitations, or the diplomacy of a politician," said Ari Fleischer, press secretary to President George W. Bush. "He was CEO of a privately held corporation who knows how to drive organizations forward to big, new and different objectives and figure out the details later."

Anything that shows the fight against Trump and his cronies is continuing to grow, from ALL sides and groups, makes me feel a LOT better. Here's hoping we keep getting more good news of this sort.

Oh so that's who those streets here were named after. Makes sense that they're right next to each other in a part of town that was very heavily populated by Polish immigrants at one time (actually still sort of is, and a lot of Portuguese, but based off street names I'd guess they came later).
Next to impossible to not know about at least Pulaski living in the midwest/Great Lakes Region. His name is on everything. Very large Polish communities in that area. My favorite song by Sufjan is called Casimir Pulaski Day, even [emoji38].

Next to impossible to not know about at least Pulaski living in the midwest/Great Lakes Region. His name is on everything. Very large Polish communities in that area. My favorite song by Sufjan is called Casimir Pulaski Day, even [emoji38].

Oh there are tons of things named after Pulaski here, I just apparently never knew why or thought to google it. and I only knew Kosicuisko as a street dispatch had no idea how to pronounce.

Oh there are tons of things named after Pulaski here, I just apparently never knew why or thought to google it. and I only knew Kosicuisko as a street dispatch had no idea how to pronounce.

two thirds of the businesses on the main retail street near me are named after one of the following:

copernicus
casimir
pulaski
kosciuszko
chopin
wojtyla
jan-pawel

but oddly enough none of the roads have polish names despite the polish immigrants being the first to really make the area into a dense neighbourhood many years ago.

502ce098deda276ea64c827ada9793d5.jpg

if things really do end up in the worst-case scenario, doesn't that make james comey the 21st century gavrilo princip?

Let's all be clear with these O'Reilly Trump comments. Trump is dismissing Putin being a killer, Putin murders political opponents. Trump is shrugging this Off!

"what about the data? you need proof"

"but i've already been proven right, because people have said so"

:rolleyes: what an asshole.

This is who you guys voted for; questioning the validity of our judicial system. Telling American citizens to blame the courts for his inability to enact an unconstitutional executive order.

@realDonaldTrump: Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!

You do not ever get off the hook for voting for this man. Ever.

No "well who would have guessed that he'd do THAT!" or "well I mean I assumed he'd pivot" bullshit.

This is your candidate. This is your president.

Fucking own it.

Last edited:
These tweets show either incredible ignorance or an attack on the working democracy and judges of the US or even more worrying, both! Take away the judiciary and you have a dictatorship! Has someone not sat him down and explained this to him or is he just too stupid to understand it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom