Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you take away the human interaction in automated phone polling. The trend is noticeable that people are more supportive. That was the pre-election trend as well. Rasmussen poll (leans a point or 2 right)

Has Trump plus 8 now.

Travel Restrictions
57% support
33% oppose
10% not sure

Other polling 49-41 in favor. I haven't seen a national poll that is overwhelmingly against the restrictions.

Despite throwing out some numbers I'll cede the point to you. I went off half-cocked on other polls and my statement in general. In my walk of life I have yet to meet a "former Trump supporter". Never Trumper friends are now more in the tank than me.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Away from all the partisan nonsense and rights and wrongs of policy, why does Trump continue to show himself up on Twitter as completely ignorant and devoid of any sort of intelligence?Theres absolutely no need to tweet the things he tweets and all he's doing is making himself look incredibly stupid. With the Seattle court ruling, you're seeing the checks of the judicial branch of government. Why does Trump have to attack this? it's what the country is built on, no one is above the law and he's making himself looks so stupid with his comments on Twitter. No doubt the government will get their way in the end but the tweeting rubbish and "alternative facts" and all the chaos is helping noone, its just no way to run a country and can't last for 4 years, something will snap somewhere.

181c293d7823f4fb328b1b385a3a182d.jpg

#NeverRemember

When you take away the human interaction in automated phone polling. The trend is noticeable that people are more supportive. That was the pre-election trend as well. Rasmussen poll (leans a point or 2 right)

Has Trump plus 8 now.

Travel Restrictions
57% support
33% oppose
10% not sure

Other polling 49-41 in favor. I haven't seen a national poll that is overwhelmingly against the restrictions.

Despite throwing out some numbers I'll cede the point to you. I went off half-cocked on other polls and my statement in general. In my walk of life I have yet to meet a "former Trump supporter". Never Trumper friends are now more in the tank than me.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

He's picking up support to some degree purely because there are fewer undecided Americans than there used to be. That's why the net approval statistic exists and, according to the RealClearPolitics aggregate, it's dropped since last week because he's picked up a bit more disapproval than approval. He's down to something like -7.9 on average, last I checked.

Not 90%, not 95% but 100% of the time, if a Trump supporter has something positive to say about approval ratings, it's because of something a Rasmussen poll said. That's not a good sign as far as objectivity is concerned.

I think through two things - ignorance of the reality of Sharia, and much publicised cases where Muslims in positions of authority have been very poor Muslims, if not non-Muslims in Muslim disguise. For example, 100 years ago we had stories of awful Turkish sultans, and people being rushed to blocks to have their hands cut off etc. The media picks out certain cases and blows them up. This current (mis)interpretation of Sharia derives from the media, imams who misinterpret it for their own control and power, etc. Christianity has cases of people being awful, too. Westbro, for example?

What you see and call Sharia law today, evidenced only by the gross actions of people in power, is not what the Quran or Hadiths claim. You have extremists in all religions, no?

Absolutely.....The difference is we are not afraid to speak up against our extremists.....A lot of Moderate Muslims are and that is part of the problem.

Remember a few days ago, the administration in a huff stated that they will no longer be sending their official surrogates to CNN because the network is mean to them?

Well today they went and offered up basically all of their people including the liar Kellyanne Conway. CNN said no thanks.

I've been saying this all along, if the media starts fighting back against having these bald faced liars on TV, you will see how quickly they change their tune. For all their trashing of the media, that's the one of the main reasons they got elected - the relentless, free coverage of Trump to the detriment of the other candidates and the human race. They need the media much, much more than the media needs them.

I can't believe I have to be in the awkward position of praising CNN, a terrible network, but their approach works. Hopefully others catch on.

This is the biggest pile of garbage, and you've laid out some doozies before. Once again just dripping with hypocrisy.

You fall for the click bait and the rhetoric, you still haven't told me after half a dozen times how Obama's comments = gun control. The right/ NRA have been pounding in you 'the left want to take your guns", they've been telling you Obama is smug and insincere and he lectures you, and that's all I hear come out of your mouth. I googled 'Obama's biggest regret was gun control' because that's what you said and the first entry was a Breitbart article with that as the headline, the only problem was when you read it there was not one thing about gun control. But it doesn't matter, he knows his audience won't get past the headline.

8 years and not one gun was taken, no sharia or martial law enacted. You got played, you got conned, and now you'll never get common sense gun safety laws from the clowns you voted in.

OK so the architect of the original assault weapons ban said on camera if she could have gotten 60 votes in the senate she would have made as she put it MR and Misses America turn them all in.

Your response "Why are you posting videos from the 90's.....And you call me delusional?

Let me give you a clue...I live in a state where they crammed through gun control legislation after Sandy Hook despite the fact that most LE said the law was poorly written and could not be enforced.....The Law makers ignored those warnings and passed it anyway. To date not a single person has been convicted with breaking the magazine law because LE refuses to enforce it.

I got conned out of nothing........I got played from no one....The NRA actually has spent a hell of a lot more time fighting for second amendment rights than I can remember. Yes they are not perfect but Ill take them over Mom's Demand Action (A group where their head has armed security to protect her and is funded by Michael Bloomberg a rapid anti gun person....Who btw also feels he can tell someone they can't drink a supersized soda because you are too fat any day.

OK so the architect of the original assault weapons ban said on camera if she could have gotten 60 votes in the senate she would have made as she put it MR and Misses America turn them all in.

Your response "Why are you posting videos from the 90's.....And you call me delusional?

Let me give you a clue...I live in a state where they crammed through gun control legislation after Sandy Hook despite the fact that most LE said the law was poorly written and could not be enforced.....The Law makers ignored those warnings and passed it anyway. To date not a single person has been convicted with breaking the magazine law because LE refuses to enforce it.

I got conned out of nothing........I got played from no one....The NRA actually has spent a hell of a lot more time fighting for second amendment rights than I can remember. Yes they are not perfect but Ill take them over Mom's Demand Action (A group where their head has armed security to protect her and is funded by Michael Bloomberg a rapid anti gun person....Who btw also feels he can tell someone they can't drink a supersized soda because you are too fat any day.

I'm not sure what this has to do with my post, I said nothing about the 90's

When is somebody going to explain to Trump how the judiciary works? This man is absolutely clueless.

His unhinged attack on a federal judge appointed by the flaming liberal George W. Bush, calling him a "so-called" judge is beyond the pale.

Shame on every supporter of his who is not calling him out.

Have you all been reading the Twitter freak out tonight? The one where he was demanding to know why lawyers weren't using existing precedents...my God as a practicing lawyer (I practiced in NYC as well as Toronto, lest I be accused of not understanding US law) I can tell you with certainty that this man is exceptionally stupid and uninformed.

Shame.

This so-called president shouldn't be calling out the legitimacy of federal judges on twitter. Can we all agree on that?

This so-called president shouldn't be calling out the legitimacy of federal judges on twitter. Can we all agree on that?
Has noone read the quote from the forthcoming interview I posted?! It's crazy!

[TWEET]827885966509604865[/TWEET]

Hahahahahaha

Things are going to shit! Say the catchphrase!

They do, your kin just ignore them.

Maybe a bit bizarre, but Trump's not exactly wrong here - amazingly.
No he's not wrong but for a president to say that is very strange.

Anyway he's posting more nonsense on Twitter, he can't take the judge over ruling him. If it's not inauguration crowds or voting fraud or the NY Times it's something else. He's clearly, clearly mentally unfit to serve and this can't go on much longer.

Absolutely.....The difference is we are not afraid to speak up against our extremists.....A lot of Moderate Muslims are and that is part of the problem.

Why should they even have to speak up in the first place? Why can't we just be smart enough to realize that those extremists do not speak for the majority of Muslims, and say something to the effect of, "We know these extremists are perverting your faith, what can we do to offer our support to you in fighting them?"

When Timothy McVeigh committed the Oklahoma City Bombing, or when white men bomb abortion clinics, or things of that sort, we didn't demand every white man of those people's age range speak up and denounce their horrific actions. The vast majority of mass shootings are committed by white men, but white men in general aren't required to comment on those when they happen. Why must we demand this of Muslims? Or black people, when their towns are ravaged by violence?

Last edited:
No he's not wrong but for a president to say that is very strange.

It's just another nod to his lack of filter. He embodies the destructive might of the US state but with less sugarcoating than his predecessors.

Remember a few days ago, the administration in a huff stated that they will no longer be sending their official surrogates to CNN because the network is mean to them?

Well today they went and offered up basically all of their people including the liar Kellyanne Conway. CNN said no thanks.

I've been saying this all along, if the media starts fighting back against having these bald faced liars on TV, you will see how quickly they change their tune. For all their trashing of the media, that's the one of the main reasons they got elected - the relentless, free coverage of Trump to the detriment of the other candidates and the human race. They need the media much, much more than the media needs them.

I can't believe I have to be in the awkward position of praising CNN, a terrible network, but their approach works. Hopefully others catch on.
With bringing back investigative reporting and the way they've handled the trump administration since the first Spicer lie, I've gone from hating CNN to wanting to relocate so I can work there.
When is somebody going to explain to Trump how the judiciary works? This man is absolutely clueless.

His unhinged attack on a federal judge appointed by the flaming liberal George W. Bush, calling him a "so-called" judge is beyond the pale.

Shame on every supporter of his who is not calling him out.
The question about why a judge could overrule a law this morning is one of the most baffling in a series of truly baffling things.

It's just another nod to his lack of filter. He embodies the destructive might of the US state but with less sugarcoating than his predecessors.
Possibly, but it goes against everything else he says, America first etc etc. It's such a strange way and place to say it, there's something deeper psychologically going on in it.

As a sitting American president what he's doing at the moment is suicidal and chaotic and just can't continue.

The question about why a judge could overrule a law this morning is one of the most baffling in a series of truly baffling things.

Seriously, Trump supporters here, does stuff like this bother you? Does it trouble you how ignorant the guy you supported appears to be when it comes to how the basic functions of government and whatnot work?

And if it does bother you, why keep supporting somebody who is so blatantly ignorant of the very job he's doing?

Seriously, Trump supporters here, does stuff like this bother you? Does it trouble you how ignorant the guy you supported appears to be when it comes to how the basic functions of government and whatnot work?

And if it does bother you, why keep supporting somebody who is so blatantly ignorant of the very job he's doing?
He didn't mean to say "so-called judge." He merely forgot a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom