Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're actually comparing THIS to mispronouncing something?

I'm sure KAC wants a do-over to insert the word "attempted" or rephrase completely. I'm not buying it was to gin up a fantasy scenario to enrage Trumpers. If it gets repeated as an administration talking point in the next couple than I'll buy it as "fake/alternative" message warping. IE "Spontaneous Demonstration caused by a Youtube video" Susan Rice.

Corpsman is a common military term. Obama was honoring a Corpsman in a prompter speech. Lack of preparation, brain fart, whatever you want to call it, was a bad optical moment that made Obama seemed ill-informed about military tradition. My point is that KAC may have had a similar moment.

I'm sure KAC wants a do-over to insert the word "attempted" or rephrase completely. I'm not buying it was to gin up a fantasy scenario to enrage Trumpers. If it gets repeated as an administration talking point in the next couple than I'll buy it as "fake/alternative" message warping. IE "Spontaneous Demonstration caused by a Youtube video" Susan Rice.

Corpsman is a common military term. Obama was honoring a Corpsman in a prompter speech. Lack of preparation, brain fart, whatever you want to call it, was a bad optical moment that made Obama seemed ill-informed about military tradition. My point is that KAC may have had a similar moment.

And my point is go back and listen, there is no way she just conveniently forgot a word.

You're better than this.

And my point is go back and listen, there is no way she just conveniently forgot a word.

You're better than this.

Just listened. Your point is not grounded in certainty. I stand by my assertion. As somebody with experience in public speaking it is very easy to get tangled.

During the Gorsuch announcement Trump said "from the United States Supreme Court I nominate Neil Gorsuch to the United States Supreme Court"
He meant to say the "The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals I nominate Neil Gorsuch to the United States Supreme Court"

He just kept rolling with it.

Just listened. Your point is not grounded in certainty. I stand by my assertion. As somebody with experience in public speaking it is very easy to get tangled.

During the Gorsuch announcement Trump said "from the United States Supreme Court I nominate Neil Gorsuch to the United States Supreme Court"

He meant to say the "The 10th Circuit Court of Appeals I nominate Neil Gorsuch to the United States Supreme Court"

He just kept rolling with it.

No dude, it was a lie. There was no attempted massacre, they were arrested for sending weapons back, and they had been wanted for attacks made back home. In her apology she never said anything about a missed word, THEN she later said on Twitter she meant to say 'Bowling Green Terrorists" and linked an old ABC news story with which she shortly realized she lied about it never being covered and removed the post :lol:

Caught in a double lie, don't defend these people, they're playing you as weak minded puppets.

Last edited:
I'm sure KAC wants a do-over to insert the word "attempted" or rephrase completely.

You're better than this.

He completely ignored my entire post about this topic, which is par for the course, I guess. My bad on trying to engage with him again, I'll go back to just ignoring his posts, since he does the same to mine.

KAC very clearly said that she meant to say terrorist instead of massacre. But now I guess we're just going to use feelings to guess what someone means instead of reading the facts of what they actually said themselves on their own personal Twitter. She had ALL THE TIME in the world to write that tweet. There was no, "I forgot a word, I meant to say attempted massacre" (which would be a lie anyways) there was only, I meant to say terrorists, which makes no sense in context of what she said in her pre-taped interview.

No dude, it was a lie. There was no attempted massacre, they were arrested for sending weapons back, and they had been wanted for attacks made back home. In her apology she never said anything about a missed word, THEN she later said on Twitter she meant to say 'Bowling Green Terrorists" and linked an old ABC news story with which she shortly realized she lied about it never being covered and removed the post :lol:

Caught in a double lie, don't defend these people, they're playing you as weak minded puppets.

That may be true. I'm watching the interview now and its a little cringe worthy.

He completely ignored my entire post about this topic, which is par for the course, I guess. My bad on trying to engage with him again, I'll go back to just ignoring his posts, since he does the same to mine.

I read the first 2 sentences and saw the words absurd and You know what she was doing. It was transference of high volume shouting via the keyboard.

I didn't think I was going to have a fruitful dialogue at that point. This thread has been moving at a higher speed in the past 48 hours with some the infusion of some new blood. Came back later. Had some to time to post a reply to somebody that maybe had not fully entrenched themselves into a firm position using megaphone tactics.

“There is nobody better to tell me about Dodd-Frank than [JP Morgan C.E.O.] Jamie [Dimon]. So he has to tell me about it, but we expect to be cutting a lot from Dodd-Frank because, frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine, that have nice businesses, they can’t borrow money,” Trump said Friday morning, shortly before signing the executive orders. “They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank.”

I read the first 2 sentences and saw the words absurd and You know what she was doing. It was transference of high volume shouting via the keyboard.

I didn't think I was going to have a fruitful dialogue at that point. This thread has been moving at a higher speed in the past 48 hours with some the infusion of some new blood. Came back later. Had some to time to post a reply to somebody that maybe had not fully entrenched themselves into a firm position using megaphone tactics.
Still waiting for you to acknowledge that you're putting words in KAC's own mouth that she left out a word, rather than supposedly misused a word. I'd like your thoughts on that.

Oh and meanwhile, I'd still like to know YOUR opinion on whether it was right not to appoint Garland. Been waiting, I think nearly a month at this point.

As bad as he is, is it entirely plausible that M. Pence is worse? Imagine for a moment if we were to get him or Ted Cruz or someone of that ilk. Yes, I'm having nightmares right now, but could it possibly be worse?

What you said is disgusting WITH context.

Yes its incredibly disgusting politicians would use dead children to push an agenda. Its incredibly disgusting.

You know how many times leading up to the senate vote in 2013 I heard that out of people like Chuck Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, Mark Kelly, Biden, Obama etc etc

Remember this little gem? Yeah what he's advocating is illegal and will end you up in jail.
https://youtu.be/wIuk3G9Xixc

c29ac10c9bade8431a2ffa3069beec53.jpg

They say they represent the memory of the children....They couldn't give a damn about them. This is the liberal mind set you just don't want to see it......Obama has said time and time again not passing gun control was his biggest regret as president......That says a lot.

Yes my statement was blunt and a little dark but that was what was said. I'm sorry you will never convince me short of background checks any kind of gun control is reasonable.

This sums it up perfectly.

Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png

Last edited:
Yep says a lot about people like you, not him.

Once again you skip the entire bloody post and concentrate on that.....Did I trigger you with that? Jesus mate read the context first before you explode.

I'd hardly call my post an explosion, surely you see the irony of saying I was triggered by that too?

Anyway, I did read the entire post thank you very much, it was almost not even worth replying to. Murdered children are props to push an agenda?? Speaks volumes about your position, to be honest.
It's pretty terrible how instead of addressing the point that was made about murdered children being a price worth paying to keep ALL guns, you dodge that and claim it's the evil politicians using dead kids as props rather than just wanting to prevent it from happening ever again or not as frequently(!!)

He called Trudeau within a few hours of the attack to express condolences. I believe, before the authorities had even narrowed down who the suspect was.

Yes I am sure he did like he called France too but why put the attack of France on Twitter but not the attack of Canada? If he was so upset by the attack on France t put it on Twitter surely he should be more upset about the Canadian attack where you know people actually died?

Yep says a lot about people like you, not him.

I'd hardly call my post an explosion, surely you see the irony of saying I was triggered by that too?

Anyway, I did read the entire post thank you very much, it was almost not even worth replying to. Murdered children are props to push an agenda?? Speaks volumes about your position, to be honest.
It's pretty terrible how instead of addressing the point that was made about murdered children being a price worth paying to keep ALL guns, you dodge that and claim it's the evil politicians using dead kids as props rather than just wanting to prevent it from happening ever again or not as frequently(!!)

Gareth you don't get it and you will never get it.

Mostly because you have already formed a stance and no matter what I say or how much evidence I provide in your mind you've already decided giving up rights in the name of protection is the right way to go.....That is why most Europeans just don't get it.

Is it worth the price? NO! Because how can you guarantee it won't happen again? YOU CANT.

I've said repeatedly. Reform the Background check system. Look at mental health but if you think I will give up a right given to me for an empty promise the answer is a vocal NO!

Guns are banned in China and you have mass stabbing attacks instead.

“There is nobody better to tell me about Dodd-Frank than [JP Morgan C.E.O.] Jamie [Dimon]. So he has to tell me about it, but we expect to be cutting a lot from Dodd-Frank because, frankly, I have so many people, friends of mine, that have nice businesses, they can’t borrow money,” Trump said Friday morning, shortly before signing the executive orders. “They just can’t get any money because the banks just won’t let them borrow because of the rules and regulations in Dodd-Frank.”

They have NICE businesses, so let's let them borrow money. We shouldn't have any rules against NICE businesses, if they can't pay them back they can just file bankruptcy like I did. I'm a nice guy.

I don't understand the willingness to twist oneself into a pretzel defending Kellyanne Conway, who has a resume of lying and "alternative facts" long enough to cover the length of the country. She long ago gave up any right to benefit of the doubt.

Why not just call a spade a spade? What's she bringing to the table that's worth embarrassing yourself over? If she were on my "team" I'd want her ass gone so fast her head would spin.

As bad as he is, is it entirely plausible that M. Pence is worse? Imagine for a moment if we were to get him or Ted Cruz or someone of that ilk. Yes, I'm having nightmares right now, but could it possibly be worse?

I understand this fear, and as much as I can't stand Pence I don't see him taunting Iran or creating an obvious propaganda machine.

Yes I am sure he did like he called France too but why put the attack of France on Twitter but not the attack of Canada? If he was so upset by the attack on France t put it on Twitter surely he should be more upset about the Canadian attack where you know people actually died?

You might think so, huh?
_--------------------:

Pence could be scarier in to sense that he is a Right-wing Christian and probably wants a USA Theocracy :crack: (shudders) which if it's the most extreme form wants the Old Testament type of Laws not Jesus's more inclusive way. :yikes:
And maybe he'd want to start a Middle East war to bring on The Rapture but there seem to be 2 schools of thought in that arena. One groups figures the Rapture will happen when it happens, the other group wants to hasten it!!!

Last edited:
Yes its incredibly disgusting politicians would use dead children to push an agenda. Its incredibly disgusting.

You know how many times leading up to the senate vote in 2013 I heard that out of people like Chuck Schumer, Dianne Feinstein, Mark Kelly, Biden, Obama etc etc

Remember this little gem? Yeah what he's advocating is illegal and will end you up in jail.
https://youtu.be/wIuk3G9Xixc

c29ac10c9bade8431a2ffa3069beec53.jpg

They say they represent the memory of the children....They couldn't give a damn about them. This is the liberal mind set you just don't want to see it......Obama has said time and time again not passing gun control was his biggest regret as president......That says a lot.

Yes my statement was blunt and a little dark but that was what was said. I'm sorry you will never convince me short of background checks any kind of gun control is reasonable.

This sums it up perfectly.

Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png

Wait?! What is illegal and put you in jail?

When did Obama say he "regretted passing gun control"?

A meme sums this issue up perfectly? Wow, just wow...

Wait?! What is illegal and put you in jail?

When did Obama say he "regretted passing gun control"?

A meme sums this issue up perfectly? Wow, just wow...

You can't fire a stray blast outside of your house. What Biden advised in that video is illegal.

And as for the Obama clip.
Gun control laws the biggest frustration of my presidency.
https://youtu.be/lOFOFZxfiDc
https://youtu.be/vHbLRf3C9KI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom