Trump General Discussion VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wash my hands of you. I can't speak because I don't live in CO, but you seem to know how Australia is. Absurd.

Gun laws don't work because they're state-by-state. Not sure how you can't understand that, but then again, you're afraid someone's going to take your gun away.

I never asked for guns to be taken away, I simply said you can't argue that Australia worked. Most people around here know that I'm not against guns, I'm just for stricter regulations. I am also for a better mental health system, but unfortunately, it seems we're taking a step backward in health care in this country.

You conveniently ignored what I said about California by simply going back to the age-old, "well there's still any violence" argument.

It's useless because you don't care. You want your gun and you're scared someone's taking it from you. News flash, if you're not doing anything wrong, you shouldn't be scared. But you are. Are you doing something wrong? Why be so paranoid?

And BBCode has existed since 1998, it has nothing to do with the forum upgrading, you just keep erasing the [/quote] part.

I wash my hands of you. I can't speak because I don't live in CO, but you seem to know how Australia is. Absurd.

Gun laws don't work because they're state-by-state. Not sure how you can't understand that, but then again, you're afraid someone's going to take your gun away.

I never asked for guns to be taken away, I simply said you can't argue that Australia worked. Most people around here know that I'm not against guns, I'm just for stricter regulations. I am also for a better mental health system, but unfortunately, it seems we're taking a step backward in health care in this country.

You conveniently ignored what I said about California by simply going back to the age-old, "well there's still any violence" argument.

It's useless because you don't care. You want your gun and you're scared someone's taking it from you. News flash, if you're not doing anything wrong, you shouldn't be scared. But you are. Are you doing something wrong? Why be so paranoid?

And BBCode has existed since 1998, it has nothing to do with the forum upgrading, you just keep erasing the
part.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I figured I was doing something wrong.

Actually I touched on CA. They keep pushing for more and more....When is it enough?

Also you say if I am a law abiding citizen no one is going to take my gun from me well.....Here ya go.

Howard Stern: Trump wants to be loved, presidency will be 'detrimental' to his mental health - Feb. 2, 2017

So true. I don't think Trump ever wanted to be President, he wanted to boost his profile with a run. I mean, wasn't he previously a registered democrat and independent at various times? He definitely supported abortion. Now he's opposed to it and suddenly cares about the bible because he has to appeal to those people. I wonder if he has some regret.

Sort of like how he used to always go on SNL, always appeared at Hollywood events. Now he suddenly "hates" them. Trump even bought a golf club in 2003 near Chappaqua because he knew Bill Clinton would be looking for a place to join, and he wanted to rub elbows with the Clintons. Sort of like how he invited Bill & Hillary to his wedding in 2005. And let's not forget 2008 when he said Hillary was a good senator of NY and could make a good President some day.

I'm still surprised he is the guy the working class/middle America trusted...

Last edited:
No BVS that is what was coming out of the left on the aftermath of election night. Would you like me to post the videos for you?

She gave you a long, thought out, vary articulate post as to what and why she and so many others feel with the election of Trump and you response was; the left would attack me no matter what. You didn't respond to a single point, just pulled out the victim card.

She gave you a long, thought out, vary articulate post as to what and why she and so many others feel with the election of Trump and you response was; the left would attack me no matter what. You didn't respond to a single point, just pulled out the victim card.

And I understand where they are coming from. And if you thought I was pulling the victim card that is not what I meant.

The point I was trying to make was no matter what my decision someone would find issue with it unless my vote was for Clinton....Not all Liberals but quite a few.

I have a lot of friends that are liberal and we have had some very long conversations about the election. It really was one of the most polarizing chapters in our history. I don't know how long it will take for us to get past it.....Maybe never.

Seems like bloodysunday972 is using factual arguments in the thread as a matter of rhetorical debate. A bit of stretch to say he has no empathy whatsoever.

The problem is that bloodysunday972 ignored my factual arguments, and then posted a video from 1995, and cited other events from the 90s as well. Where are his facts, because all I see is a blanket statement saying gun control in CA, Ny and Chi don't work, without either proof for the former two or acknowledgement that the latter has the issue of Indiana to contend with. He doesn't appear to have empathy that goes above his desire to be a gun-holder. That's my problem and it always will be my problem.

Why because you don't like how certain guns look? The original ban didn't even ban the damn guns it banned the cosmetic features.....Because "OH GOD IT LOOKS LIKE A MACHINE GUN!"

Does that really make sense? Banning types of guns because of how they look?

The whole cosmetic argument is bullshit and you know it. It's just NRA propaganda. Our local gun nut here in FYM tries that all the time and I can take him to town every time. I'm a Texan that grew up around guns, don't try that bullshit on me. This isn't a gun control thread, but seriously, stop pedaling the same old tired NRA prop.

Not sure if this has been discussed? On the news tonight, Trump (actually it was Haley) gave the Russians an ultimatum. The sanctions will stay in place until Russia gives back the land they seized in the Ukraine. Not sure Trump's buddy Putin will be happy with this.

Last edited:
bono I didn't ignore your comments.

I didn't comment on Indiana because much like your comment on CO I don't live there.

You said no one wants to take my guns as a lawful gun owner well that is simply not true. Dianne Fienstein has never changed her views and would still do the same exact thing if she could get the support. Her views haven't changed...The ban she wanted in 2013 was the same ban on steroids. Her response was Oh well there are still plenty of variants you can buy that are not banned......Well CA did that. They had 3 separate bans over the years....

How do you expect to rally support for gun safety laws when you have idiots like her wanting to ban everything? Those kind of views alienate those on the other side who would come to your side for reform.

Anyway I better head off but I'm sure tomorrow will be another round of debate. Cheers

Not sure if this has been discussed? On the news tonight, Trump (actually it was Haley) gave the Russians an ultimatum. The sanctions will stay in place until Russia gives back the land they seized in the Ukraine. Not sure Trump's buddy Putin will be happy with this.
Yeah, from what I can gather, this has nothing to do with Trump and from all responses I see, most people seem to think Haley will be the next to get fired, now.

The whole cosmetic argument is bullshit and you know it. It's just NRA propaganda. Our local gun nut here in FYM tries that all the time and I can take him to town every time. I'm a Texan that grew up around guns, don't try that bullshit on me. This isn't a gun control thread, but seriously, stop pedaling the same old tired NRA prop.

Little night reading for you. Good night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

Criteria of an assault weapon[edit]
Under the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 the definition of "semiautomatic assault weapon" included specific semi-automatic firearm models by name, and other semi-automatic firearms= that possessed two or more from a set certain features:[13]

An Intratec TEC-DC9 with 32-round magazine; a semi-automatic pistol formerly classified as an assault weapon under federal law.
Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Folding or telescoping stock
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher mount
Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.
Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
Pistol grip
Detachable magazine.

not to be a dick, but if you seriously have to ask this question (twice) then there's really no chance of having a decent discussion about it :shrug:
While conveniently ignoring that it does seem to be working. And then ignoring the Indiana part because he doesn't live there? How is that a conversation if you're just going to ignore the parts you don't want to acknowledge. Anyways, I'm done conversing with that one.

Little night reading for you. Good night.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

Criteria of an assault weapon[edit]
Under the Assault Weapons Ban of 1994 the definition of "semiautomatic assault weapon" included specific semi-automatic firearm models by name, and other semi-automatic firearms= that possessed two or more from a set certain features:[13]

An Intratec TEC-DC9 with 32-round magazine; a semi-automatic pistol formerly classified as an assault weapon under federal law.
Semi-automatic rifles able to accept detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Pistol grip
Bayonet mount
Flash suppressor, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate one
Grenade launcher mount
Semi-automatic pistols with detachable magazines and two or more of the following:
Magazine that attaches outside the pistol grip
Threaded barrel to attach barrel extender, flash suppressor, handgrip, or suppressor
Barrel shroud safety feature that prevents burns to the operator
Unloaded weight of 50 oz (1.4 kg) or more
A semi-automatic version of a fully automatic firearm.
Semi-automatic shotguns with two or more of the following:
Pistol grip
Detachable magazine.

And your point? I could go through each and every one of those point by point and show you how those modifications change a gun that is no longer for hunting or self-defense.

Trust me, Ive done this several times with our local FYM gun nuts, but this isn't the thread.

Yeah, from what I can gather, this has nothing to do with Trump and from all responses I see, most people seem to think Haley will be the next to get fired, now.

I was thinking the same thing. Haley's comment goes totally against the "love affair" he's having with Putin. I wonder if she'll be fired tonight or over the weekend?

How do you expect to rally support for gun safety laws when you have idiots like her wanting to ban everything? Those kind of views alienate those on the other side who would come to your side for reform.

How do you expect to rally support when you have idiots who want to put guns in everyone's hands? Talk about alienation. Seriously, you have got to slow down and take a look in the mirror. All night I've seen you slinging accusations, but with no honest look at your side.

Actually he's right. The EU has done more harm than good.

A group of bureaucrats in a building somewhere enforcing their policy on every country in the EU doesn't work.
You don't know what you're talking about.

The EU was masking the ever-present squabbles.

Bi-Lateral Trade Agreements are the cornerstone of Trumpsim and the new populism.
I don't think bullying countries into favourable trade agreements is a well thought out plan.

The EU is on a decline with or without the American president :shrug:

Gareth I don't know much about you but seeing where you come from I have to say there is a fine line between finding common ground to change things and going after a mosquito with a elephant gun which is what Australia did. I have a friend in NZ which while they do have strict gun laws they can still own them.....Even the so called evil ones if you have a collectors license.
Wait a minute. So you reckon not taking in refugees on the odd chance of a potential terrorrist is perfectly legit, but you think gun laws are like going after a mosquito with an elephant gun? Risk psychology at its finest.

not to be a dick, but if you seriously have to ask this question (twice) then there's really no chance of having a decent discussion about it :shrug:

Because its an honest question.....You have some of the strictest gun control in the nation but yet you still want more? OH OH unless you want to completely disarm the whole population of the state.....In which case yes that is the way to go :huh::doh:

Hi Salome. Welcome to the conversation. So I could say the same exact thing about gun control. So you want to ban guns because there is a potential that among all the law abiding people there could be a crazy who turns the gun on innocent people. I love Europeans trying to justify gun control to Americans.....Sorry it doesn't work.

BVS I look at my side all the time and there is a lot about it I don't like but there is also a lot about the left I don't like. I belonged to both sides at one point or another. Yes there are idiots that believe in such things but there are also idiots on the left who believe that taking away an individuals rights for the greater good is justified. And my point about the Assault Weapons ban was simply this. It didn't ban the gun it banned the features. You could still buy AR15'S with no bayonet lug. No flash hider. etc etc. A lot of guns had thumbhole stocks to conform to the law. It didn't change what the gun was it just changed the look. I actually bought one recently. Its called a SAR 8 which is a 308 rifle that was imported from Greece with a thumbhole stock & a fake pinned on flash hider. It still takes 20 round magazines. The MAK 90 which was one of the last Chinese AK style guns imported in had no evil features but at it's core it was still an AK47.

Bono. If its working what criminal elements has it stopped? You know the NY ban basically made a lot of gun owners criminals overnight. CA. They just did another defacto ban and now they want an all out assault weapons ban........THEY HAVE 4 OR 5 BLOODY BANS IN PLACE ALREADY!

In the end we simply agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom