Trump General Discussion VI - Page 35 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2017, 03:45 PM   #681
War Child

Local Time: 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Bill isn't running.

But the fact that you had to point out "that we forgot" Trump was once a Democrat as if it was when he was a Dem he was grabbing those pussies is what I was referring to.
Its political theater is the point I keep trying to make. It doesn't make it right but the left has a tendency to forget about damaging things when that person is out there for them.

So do the Republicans....Its not just a Democrat phenomena. Both sides are hypocrites there is no denying that.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #682
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
Wow personal insults........Is that where you wanna go now?

You guys also seem to have no problem insulting other members who disagree with you....But no surprise there.
Sorry, I wasn't insulting you. I was making a sarcastic comment to Anitram referring to Milo's statement that women don't have IQ's over 120. Sorry, i should have made it more clear. peace

Old 02-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #683
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:46 AM
Quote:
I withdraw the statement until I can find proof which the initial bit I read was not true it seems. However was there just one judge or two? I find a lot of info about the Bush appointee but wasn't there another one who issued something before hand or am I wrong with that bit of info?
Man alive, just go Google it! There are literally hundreds of articles about this.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #684
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Sorry, I wasn't insulting you. I was making a sarcastic comment to Anitram referring to Milo's statement that women don't have IQ's over 120. Sorry, i should have made it more clear. peace
Apology accepted and sorry for snapping
Old 02-06-2017, 03:48 PM   #685
Refugee

Local Time: 05:46 PM
Quote:
I withdraw the statement until I can find proof which the initial bit I read was not true it seems. However was there just one judge or two? I find a lot of info about the Bush appointee but wasn't there another one who issued something before hand or am I wrong with that bit of info?
Doesn't this just sum you up? You go off attacking, proclaiming, speaking in absolutes, and you didn't even know what you were on about?

I get it. You're going for the 'troll in rational clothing' thing.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:50 PM   #686
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Re Slick Willy Clinton

a) I think we can all agree that were he actually running today in the age of social media with all the dirt that may or may not have done (not including Lewinsky, as that happened while in office), he'd be lucky to make it past the primaries.

b) The only supposed proof I've seen of Hilary being awful to his accusers was in the same sort of media outlets where they claim she laughed about getting a rapist acquitted, which was some blatant bullshittery twisting of what happened. (i.e., she was doing her fucking job, and any laugh that might have come out while talking about it sure wasn't a "ha ha, rape is hilarious, I love getting rapists off the hook" kind of laugh)

c) Ugh.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:51 PM   #687
War Child

Quote:
Have you already forgot that just an hour ago you called me a "genius" and a bigot, just for calling out your reliance on deflection?
BVS I apologize for that. I went back and re read my response. When I get into these discussions it often comes from a place of anger. I do apologize for that.

I feel like in my mind I am not deflecting I am just pointing out that it is hypocrisy when one side calls the other out for the exact same thing they do in a lot of cases.

Ill be honest I am pretty disgusted with both sides of the aisle. If you think I am a big Trump fan I am not but he was more in line for individual rights then Hillary. It just my personal opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

I am very passionate about some things politically and honestly I get a little clouded sometimes.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:53 PM   #688
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwilad View Post
Doesn't this just sum you up? You go off attacking, proclaiming, speaking in absolutes, and you didn't even know what you were on about?

I get it. You're going for the 'troll in rational clothing' thing.
No I just fell for bad information.....We all make mistakes

When the initial report came out the first thing out of the right was it was a Clinton supporter and Obama appointee who ordered it. Obviously facts have become more clearer.

In this case I jumped the shark.I wasn't correct so sorry for that.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:54 PM   #689
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Trump General Discussion VI

Quote:
No its not. But it does seem like a lot of this became open once he was running as a Republican. If the Democrats had come out against him then as one of their own I'd be more favorable to that argument.

Wow, it gets worse with you...

Did he ever run as a dem? Ok, then dumb point and just proves how extreme your partisan is.

Edit: I saw of the posts you made after, and you seem to be calming down.

I get pointing out the other side, but it has to be relevant; pointing out a Democrat from decades ago means nothing to most of us. Party affiliation means nothing to me.

But at some point you have to have a line drawn; you voted for a man who bragged about assaulting women, I don't care if there is a D or an R by his name. And it wouldn't have carried any more or less weight if his own were calling him out for it. But that WAS the moment you all became spineless.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:55 PM   #690
Refugee

Quote:
Ill be honest I am pretty disgusted with both sides of the aisle. If you think I am a big Trump fan I am not but he was more in line for individual rights then Hillary. It just my personal opinion and you know what they say about opinions.
This I respect.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:56 PM   #691
War Child

Quote:
Wow, it gets worse with you...

Did he ever run as a dem? Ok, then dumb point and just proves how extreme your partisan is.
He has said he identified as a Democrat before he was a Republican.

Is it lip service? Probably.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:00 PM   #692
War Child

Quote:
This I respect.
Kiwi I don't claim to be perfect not by any stretch of the imagination but it really just seems like we get served the same garbage every two and four years and little snacks of it in between elections.

Both sides have an insane amount of baggage they need to account for.

There was a time I thought the Libertarians were the reformist party....I see them now more like a party who is lost in the woods trying to find their identity where the two establishment parties lost their identity and are constantly trying to find new ones.

I dunno mate I think we can all agree Washington sucks and its sucked for a very long time.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:04 PM   #693
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 03:46 PM
Bloody hell this thread blew up while I was asleep
Old 02-06-2017, 04:05 PM   #694
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Kiwi I don't claim to be perfect not by any stretch of the imagination but it really just seems like we get served the same garbage every two and four years and little snacks of it in between elections.

Both sides have an insane amount of baggage they need to account for.

There was a time I thought the Libertarians were the reformist party....I see them now more like a party who is lost in the woods trying to find their identity where the two establishment parties lost their identity and are constantly trying to find new ones.

I dunno mate I think we can all agree Washington sucks and its sucked for a very long time.
Washington was moving in the right direction when Obama was in office then they went to trump and out the door it all went!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #695
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Washington was moving in the right direction when Obama was in office then they went to trump and out the door it all went!
So I gotta ask one thing. Is it only going in the right direction when a Democrat is in charge? Its not a trolling question I am generally wondering if that is honestly what you believe?
Old 02-06-2017, 04:16 PM   #696
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabiggestu2fan View Post
Not sure I agree with the sentiment Washington (in fact add any capital city of any democracy) was fine and dandy till now.
As capitalism ages, as democracy ages, rot sets in and there's little question we as voters need to be more vigilant than we have been about that.
Political parties have largely becomes machines in and of themselves, rather than collections of people representing the masses.

I get that sentiment, and I get the attraction to a Trump-like candidate based on that.

Except this particular candidate has been so hurtful to so many who he is now tasked with leading. Bloodysunday I get the argument, I just can't see how a self-confessed sex offender was the right candidate to hang it on.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:17 PM   #697
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
He has said he identified as a Democrat before he was a Republican.

Is it lip service? Probably.

Trump doesn't care about party. He saw a crowd he could manipulate. Bannon has the agenda, Trump just wants adoration.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #698
War Child

Quote:
Not sure I agree with the sentiment Washington (in fact add any capital city of any democracy) was fine and dandy till now.
As capitalism ages, as democracy ages, rot sets in and there's little question we as voters need to be more vigilant than we have been about that.
Political parties have largely becomes machines in and of themselves, rather than collections of people representing the masses.

I get that sentiment, and I get the attraction to a Trump-like candidate based on that.

Except this particular candidate has been so hurtful to so many who he is now tasked with leading. Bloodysunday I get the argument, I just can't see how a self-confessed sex offender was the right candidate to hang it on.
I am going to get a lot of WTF'S but honestly I hung my hat on Rand Paul first and then Ted Cruz......Which I will admit his views on things like abortion and marriage had me screaming at the TV during the debates.

Actually I know its off subject but Ill share something with you. I got involved in politics to the point where I volunteered at the local GOP headquarters. As the election got closer we had some very open discussions and they were quite happy to have someone my age there (I'm 31). I told them flat out.....You want more people like me you need to embrace social issues like Abortion and Gay marriage......I'm sorry but people like me would have been with your party but the views the older generation of the GOP have pushed people like me away.

The older folks there looked at me with such disgust. The only one who was open to what I was saying was the head chairperson and even then it was like a "Oh we are we are."
Old 02-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #699
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth brown View Post
Bloody hell this thread blew up while I was asleep
Always the way, isn't it ?
Old 02-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #700
War Child

Betsy DeVos and her family members are major donors to the senators who will vote on her confirmation https://t.co/5RH60jmeJF

Drain the swamp, eh?