Trump General Discussion VI - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2017, 08:15 PM   #201
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodysunday972 View Post
So on your own there my friend....So on your own there.
i am not your friend, you strange person

just keep on shooting each other and enjoying your armed militias

seriously, who needs terrorists in the US when your gun fanatics (and their toddlers) do the job best all by themselves?

Old 02-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #202
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post

That's insane. The only people that liberals have been raking over the coals for voting their conscience have been other liberals. At least that's my take. Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong.
I have repeatedly in post after post here stated that everyone has the right to vote their conscience and that I do not believe in blaming third party voters for the outcome. I also don't blame them for Bush v. Gore. Politicians wanting to be president need to get people to show up to vote FOR them.

So no, bloodysunday, if you hadn't voted for Trump or Hillary I wouldn't have anything negative to say toward you. As things stand, you support a man who brags about sexually assaulting women and that tells me enough.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #203
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:58 PM
Quote:
If you watch some of the meltdown videos from election night there were quite a few vloggers who said and to those of you who sat home you are worse than the Trump supporters. And to those that voted third party F you this was not the year for you to do that.

Who the hell are you to tell people who they should vote for you self righteous prat?!

The vlogger Bono not you.
I will have to agree with you on this, I thought those sentiments were much out of line. Unfortunately, even well respected contributors here are prone to this.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #204
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
Seriously. There's NOTHING amusing about gun law. Nothing.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #205
War Child

Local Time: 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
Awwwww but your mine. Everyone here is even if they don't like my viewpoints.

Music is what brought us here originally anyway.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #206
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
If your priority is America first, then you'd rather have no EU. Better to have squabbling nation states with completely independent agendas and priorities.
The EU was masking the ever-present squabbles.

Bi-Lateral Trade Agreements are the cornerstone of Trumpsim and the new populism.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #207
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
I have repeatedly in post after post here stated that everyone has the right to vote their conscience and that I do not believe in blaming third party voters for the outcome. I also don't blame them for Bush v. Gore. Politicians wanting to be president need to get people to show up to vote FOR them.

So no, bloodysunday, if you hadn't voted for Trump or Hillary I wouldn't have anything negative to say toward you. As things stand, you support a man who brags about sexually assaulting women and that tells me enough.
I think you know we're of the same mind on this one.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:18 PM   #208
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Awwwww but your mine. Everyone here is even if they don't like my viewpoints.

Music is what brought us here originally anyway.
What the hell do dead children have to do with music? You're not my friend if you think gun laws are something to be joked about, or are pleased with the gun laws in this country.

I can't stand it when people treat this shit like it's a game.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:18 PM   #209
Refugee

The EU is on a decline with or without the American president
Old 02-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #210
War Child

Quote:

And if I had voted Clinton? Certain elements would have told me I have no integrity which ironically liberals still say about me for voting Trump even begrudgingly.....So you cant win.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post
The EU is on a decline with or without the American president
Old 02-02-2017, 08:20 PM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I think you know we're of the same mind on this one.
For sure.

I really don't care that people voted third party. I'm much more irritated by the millions who didn't even bother to vote. Though I suppose if they're so disengaged they're also likely totally uninformed so maybe not a loss at all.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #213
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:28 AM
Quote:
Awwwww but your mine.
ugh piss off
Old 02-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #214
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:28 PM
I've not really got any time for those who think there is nothing wrong whatsoever with American gun laws. It's a very special kind of stupid.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:22 PM   #215
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
And if I had voted Clinton? Certain elements would have told me I have no integrity which ironically liberals still say about me for voting Trump even begrudgingly.....So you cant win.
But you can. By not caring what other people think and voting your conscience, you can win.

All I know about you, now, is that either 1) You were OK with the things Trump said so you voted for him or 2) You were so scared what other people would think of you that you voted, and decided that the things that Trump said and did were acceptable enough to vote for him.

Either way, that makes me think less of you FAR more than I would have if you'd just voted third party.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:23 PM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Look you don't have to justify your vote to anybody.

But you should not be surprised if most people who voted think that you tacitly approve of sexual assault, misogyny (hey there Megyn Kelly's bleeding vagina) and other similarly awful things.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:24 PM   #217
War Child

Quote:
What the hell do dead children have to do with music? You're not my friend if you think gun laws are something to be joked about, or are pleased with the gun laws in this country.

I can't stand it when people treat this shit like it's a game.
bono there is more to that argument then this. Remember Columbine? I do I was in middle school when it happened. A federal Assault Weapons ban was in place and it did nothing...NOTHING to stop what happened.

I know this is a discussion about Trump but it angers me so much that liberals cannot see more laws does absolutely NOTHING!

I wasn't joking about that and if you thought that I don't know what to say. I was trying to say I still consider you guys my friends even if we don't agree on things.

I am a Second amendment advocate on a state level here in CO but I am not blind to the fact some things need to change.....And its on multiple levels but more blind legislation is not the answer.

Sorry I didn't mean to get off base but this is something I am very passionate about. Not to the level of being one sided but I am passionate about the issue.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:25 PM   #218
More 5G Than Man

I don't think Trump voters are racists, sexists or idiots.

I think Trump voters favorably weighed the value of a Trump victory against the strong potential of an administration full of racism, sexism and idiocy.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:28 PM   #219
War Child

Quote:
But you can. By not caring what other people think and voting your conscience, you can win.

All I know about you, now, is that either 1) You were OK with the things Trump said so you voted for him or 2) You were so scared what other people would think of you that you voted, and decided that the things that Trump said and did were acceptable enough to vote for him.

Either way, that makes me think less of you FAR more than I would have if you'd just voted third party.
No I didn't vote for Gary Johnson because he was far more clueless than either of the mainstream candidates and his VP was a joke. I made a choice like most Americans did. Clinton or Trump. I chose Trump. I don't regret it and I don't have to defend it.

I spent too many years trying to go with the crowd and it does nothing but take away your voice. I agreed on some of his policies and I disagreed on a lot of others but it was enough I agreed on to vote for him. And that is that.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:29 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I don't think Trump voters are racists, sexists or idiots.

I think Trump voters favorably weighed the value of a Trump victory against the strong potential of an administration full of racism, sexism and idiocy.
I think a good number of them are those things, and unabashedly so. But most are not.

As I said, they tacitly approve of the racism, sexism, idiocy, xenophobia, etc. Because in large part those things do not affect them directly so they're gambling on his policies of American dick swinging working out for them in the end (good luck) and choosing to be willfully blind to his offensive behaviour. That is their prerogative, but they did not have to vote the way they did. Now they don't like being accused of supporting ugliness...too bad.