Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This shit is going to happen whether you're staring at your screen or not. If you are in panic mode, try unplugging until you can gather your wits about you and then just go raise hell.

Trump/Bannon seems to believe that federal employees owe allegiance to him alone. The only allegiance federal employees owe is to the Constitution. And I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the former acting attorney general and former acting ICE director understand the importance of that oath far better than Trump/Bannon.

Bannon will have another major EO this week to shake things up even more. He wants complete destruction.

What a pathetic peice of trash trump is! Soon enough I hope the republicans realize what demage he is dong and get out of their cowardly hole and get rid of this guy! I don't even want to call him a human as he is an embarrassment to the human race!

What a pathetic peice of trash trump is! Soon enough I hope the republicans realize what demage he is dong and get out of their cowardly hole and get rid of this guy! I don't even want to call him a human as he is an embarrassment to the human race!

The Republicans are kind of our only hope at the moment. One hopes Trump's underwater approval ratings and today's stock market freak out will give them the incentive to do the right thing lest they suffer electorally.

One hopes.

The Republicans are kind of our only hope at the moment. One hopes Trump's underwater approval ratings and today's stock market freak out will give them the incentive to do the right thing lest they suffer electorally.

One hopes.
Yep this is certainly our hope but given the fact how many republicans opposed trump during the campaign that are now supporting him including Paul Rayn IDK. But yes hopefully all the problems you mentioned and what ever disaster trump brings tomorrow will persuade them to think of the country not the party first.

Yep this is certainly our hope but given the fact how many republicans opposed trump during the campaign that are now supporting him including Paul Rayn IDK. But yes hopefully all the problems you mentioned and what ever disaster trump brings tomorrow will persuade them to think of the country not the party first.
I don't think theres any way the Republicans will impeach him sadly.

When Trump was first elected I thought he would be impeached at the beginning of the 4th year of his presidency (the procedure being started somewhere during his 2nd year in).
Now I have come to the conclusion that many people would rather see the world go down in flames than admit to their own folly.

When Trump was first elected I thought he would be impeached at the beginning of the 4th year of his presidency (the procedure being started somewhere during his 2nd year in).
Now I have come to the conclusion that many people would rather see the world go down in flames than admit to their own folly.

It's really a fascinating, and fairly negative, study into humanity, isn't it? How far people are willing to go to defend, or at least tolerate, a president whom they know to do terrible things, because they think they'll sign his bills, or, worse, because they just don't want to admit that they made Faustian bargains in the first place.

I do desperately hope that if things were reversed, if the Democrats had put a lunatic like this in the White House, that I would have the integrity to stand against him or her. I find myself appreciating conservatives I see and know who are standing steadfastly against Trump, as a sign of decent judgment and integrity. I hope I would do the same in their position.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

One of trumps tweets today:

Nancy Pelosi and Fake Tears Chuck Schumer held a rally at the steps of The Supreme Court and mic did not work (a mess)-just like Dem party!

Oh the irony is killing me here he is calling them a mess lol.

Nancy Pelosi and Fake Tears Chuck Schumer held a rally at the steps of The Supreme Court and mic did not work (a mess)-just like Dem party!

he is vile

At last some good news

(CNN)An executive order protecting federal employees from anti-LGBTQ discrimination that was signed by President Barack Obama in 2014 will continue to be in effect in President Donald Trump's administration, the White House announced Tuesday.

In a statement, the White House said that "President Donald J. Trump is determined to protect the rights of all Americans, including the LGBTQ community."
"The executive order signed in 2014, which protects employees from anti-LGBTQ workplace discrimination while working for federal contractors, will remain intact," the statement read.

A nation cannot be ruled by opinions or emotions. A nation is ruled by law.

law.jpg

Last edited:
Obviously when that law was written they were under the impression that the President would only "find the entry of any aliens or any class of aliens into the United Stated" "detrimental to the interest of the United States" if the President had logical reasons to do so.
Obviously the law didn't take Orange Donnie into account.

Then again, you could probably argue not even Trump truly thinks that entry of people from these countries is detrimental to the interests of the US.

It's funny because there's a clip out there at a rally where he was having mic issues, so he just yells, "don't pay them".

But it's the next tweet that gets me, really, a Republican is going to call out someone for delaying an appointment? While he of all people speaks of shame?

A nation cannot be ruled by opinions or emotions. A nation is ruled by law.

law.jpg

Like how Trump is dishing out tons of executive orders that are based upon feelings? Like how Trump has established his desire to be a populist president to his voting base? Like how Trump fired his interim AG for questioning the lawfulness of his EO?

Trump isn't ruling by law. He's ruling by emotion. Give me a break.

At last some good news

(CNN)An executive order protecting federal employees from anti-LGBTQ discrimination that was signed by President Barack Obama in 2014 will continue to be in effect in President Donald Trump's administration, the White House announced Tuesday.

In a statement, the White House said that "President Donald J. Trump is determined to protect the rights of all Americans, including the LGBTQ community."
"The executive order signed in 2014, which protects employees from anti-LGBTQ workplace discrimination while working for federal contractors, will remain intact," the statement read.

Wait what the hell is this a joke

Surprisingly great news, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yea that doesn't apply to those with green cards or valid visas.

Aside from that, the code is correct - although I highly doubt it would stand up to court challenge, as there is no valid argument that the people in these countries are detrimental to our interests, not to mention the constitutionality of discriminating against somebody based on their religion.

The Republicans won't do anything. Trump is a Republican. He has pulled the mask off on the niceities, but he's still a true conservative with his policy positions. Republicans are racists, sexists, xenophobes, homophobes, all of that. Just no more dog whistles.

At last some good news

Thank God for that :up:. Here's hoping a few other important aspects of Obama's legislation can hold as well.

And I'm continuing to hope there will be some bold Republicans who'll fight against Trump. I think the more they hear other prominent Republicans like Cheney and the Koch brothers and so forth speak out, and the more they get calls from any Republican voters who cannot stand Trump, that could help give them the push they need.

This is definitely their moment of decision, and I'd like to think there's still enough of them out there decent enough to make the right choices. We shall see.

Thank you for this. Definitely going to remember these bits of advice going forward.

The fact that Trump didn't win the popular vote and his approval ratings are already in the toilet are definitely a couple of things keeping me somewhat reassured right now :p. It is nice to know we here on this board are far from alone in our outrage and horror.

At last some good news

Not revoking basic rights is not Trump being "determined to protect the rights of all Americans". His team must have a hard time finding anything they can spin positively though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom