Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry trump supporters your turn will come when you are on the firing end of trumps firing squad. First the Muslims, next the LGBT community, then maybe the Mexicans and surely enough at the end it will be the Trump supporters themselves.

Last edited:
Don't worry trump supporters your turn will come when you are on the firing end of trumps firing squad. First the Muslims, next the LGBT community, then maybe the Mexicans and surely enough at the end it will be the Trump supporters themselves.

let's not forget the soft Holocaust denial on Friday.

What's the big deal, if somebody doesn't want to make a cake for Adam and Steve, they shouldn't have to!!

:|

From what we’ve heard, the executive order could be far-reaching, and could include: making taxpayer funds available for discrimination against LGBTQ people in social services; allow federally funded adoption agencies to discriminate against LGBTQ parents; eliminate non-discrimination protections in order to make it possible to fire federal employers and contractors based on their sexual orientation or gender identity; and allow federal employees to refuse to serve people based on the belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman, and that gender is an immutable characteristic set at birth, which would impact a broad range of federal benefits.

The order is expected to come in the packaging of so-called “religious freedom,” which argues that someone’s religious beliefs should be enough to prevent them from having to provide goods and services to members of the LGBTQ community if doing so would conflict with said beliefs.

:banghead:

Fucking hell.

I will say it again, Trump supporters: Be ashamed of yourselves. Be very, very, VERY ashamed. This is disgraceful.

This was pages ago, but Judicial branch is there on the White House page. I suspect pfan was right in his assumption of general incompetence.

I was feeling good about posting stuff and trying to figure out how/where to speak up at the start of the weekend, then by Sunday afternoon I was falling into panic mode again. I'm going to have to unfollow a few people on FB who are less discerning about what they like and share.

Like that Medium article, for instance. There might be valid points in there, but this "what if THIS is what he's doing" stuff is not helpful right now, at least for me. I need to stick to hard news and not the 8 million WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE think pieces that pop up every day.

re the upcoming LGBT executive order - is this just undoing the EO that Obama put in place previously, or does it go beyond that? Either way it's gross, but if it's the former, it's not surprising.

That is fucking terrifying. Holy shit.

Trump supporters here, got a comment on this at all? Think you're still in the right for supporting him? Or are you just going to keep popping in with snarky drive-by comments that mock people's legitimate concerns and fears?
If the LGBT EO rumours are true, then the article and the other one he wrote look very, very real.

That is fucking terrifying. Holy shit.

Trump supporters here, got a comment on this at all? Think you're still in the right for supporting him? Or are you just going to keep popping in with snarky drive-by comments that mock people's legitimate concerns and fears?

I'm all for having a logical debate. Point/Counter-Point. One Issue at a time. I have a history of taking an unpopular opinion (Breitbart's Confederate Flag) and offering a thought-out rebuttal.

Over the past year I have written several lengthy posts, mostly free of emotional hysterics, to get a conversation going.

I will concede losing some debates. Learning from debates. I'll drop Pizza talk/Hillary Seizures. Maybe I'll stick around. The best part of Obama's farewell speech was to engage outside your bubble.

Yes, outside the bubble of comfort. Not outside the bubble of logic, reason, and compassion.

I don't side with most liberals when it comes to the Drone Program, or how to deal with ISIS. I'm a little more hawkish, and approve of most of what Obama has done to dismantle these terrorists groups.

Let's take healthcare. For seven years the GOP have screamed about it. Have talked about crossing state lines, vouchers programs, etc which I feel those ideas were discussed in here and the glaring warts were shot down.

But here we are and they have no plan. Nothing. It's just smoke and mirrors and yelling. The ACA was derived from conservative ideas.

If you're going to want a debate, then bring logical arguments and not conspiracy theories.

Factory jobs are going away. Trump will not bring them back, or at least a majority of them back. Automation, A/I are all things we should be discussing. Do we give rural areas more education on how to maintain robots, or to learn new traits?

Offer up solutions in reality, and not strawmen or illogical arguments

don't know if any of you have seen the news in the UK - there are masses of protests going on all over the country right now, against Trump's State visit to the UK in the summer and Muslim ban - incredible turnout :love:

Yes, outside the bubble of comfort. Not outside the bubble of logic, reason, and compassion.

I don't side with most liberals when it comes to the Drone Program, or how to deal with ISIS. I'm a little more hawkish, and approve of most of what Obama has done to dismantle these terrorists groups.

Let's take healthcare. For seven years the GOP have screamed about it. Have talked about crossing state lines, vouchers programs, etc which I feel those ideas were discussed in here and the glaring warts were shot down.

But here we are and they have no plan. Nothing. It's just smoke and mirrors and yelling. The ACA was derived from conservative ideas.

If you're going to want a debate, then bring logical arguments and not conspiracy theories.

Factory jobs are going away. Trump will not bring them back, or at least a majority of them back. Automation, A/I are all things we should be discussing. Do we give rural areas more education on how to maintain robots, or to learn new traits?

Offer up solutions in reality, and not strawmen or illogical arguments

I recall asking you to watch the raw footage of a Trump speech in August as an exercise in debate and you refused to do so. Its a 2-way street.

I recall asking you to watch the raw footage of a Trump speech in August as an exercise in debate and you refused to do so. Its a 2-way street.

honestly, the way things are going, i can't see how people are going to be able to find common ground with Trump supporters, at this rate, i wouldn't want to - i guess that's why it's called the opposition - no way i would want to compromise my values for this shit

Last edited:
I'm all for having a logical debate. Point/Counter-Point. One Issue at a time. I have a history of taking an unpopular opinion (Breitbart's Confederate Flag) and offering a thought-out rebuttal.

Over the past year I have written several lengthy posts, mostly free of emotional hysterics, to get a conversation going.

I will concede losing some debates. Learning from debates. I'll drop Pizza talk/Hillary Seizures. Maybe I'll stick around. The best part of Obama's farewell speech was to engage outside your bubble.
I understand that you're trying to be polite and composed, probably because you learned politics as a place first and foremost about discourse and an exchange of ideas. But that's not reality anymore. And it comes off condescending as shit to pretend as if you're the only adult in the room because you're not freaking out over this. So engage in our questions or don't, but please cut the bullshit out with the whole "I'm thoughtful and not hysterical!" routine.

And he said nothing of substance. Nothing. It was talking points. Build a wall. Extreme vetting.

And others have done a very nice job of debunking everything Trump has put out there for policy or action.

This isn't even policy debate anymore, it's right versus wrong. While we can't possibly protect or save everyone from terror, or even themselves, we should put forth our best effort to try and make society a better place.

If that's less regulations, then let's debate those merits.

If it's Islamic terrorism, lets debate how to lessen its impact.

None of this happens. It's extremism and will accomplish nothing but more anger

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'll frame my critique of this in a manner that Trump supporters can relate to:

http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/30/14442176/sean-spicer-tweet-press-conference-susan-rice

This is so fucking lame.

Trump, the master of the deal, the Putin disciple, the king of locker room talk, has his fucking lap dog wasting our time with tweets that upset him. Imagine how much of a wuss you have to be to do something like that.

Imagine Trump saying "hey, whatsyourname, this guy is really pissing me off but my twitter fingers are sore. Go bitch about this to the press for me. Bring a hard copy so people know it's a legitimate problem. Make sure to print it in landscape so people can see it, but don't project it or anything. Things on screens are fake news."

Fuck this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom