Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, did we talk about how Trump is afraid of stairs?

When the time comes to invoke the 25th amendment, this should be exhibit #1.

C3btxBmW8AEA-Vs.jpg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-announce-supreme-court-pick-tuesday-135416356.html

Trump, who took office on Jan. 20, said last week that evangelical Christians "will love my pick."

Gorsuch, Hardiman and Pryor all possess strong conservative credentials.

Gorsuch joined an opinion in 2013 saying that owners of private companies can object on religious grounds to a provision of the Obamacare health insurance law requiring employers to provide coverage for birth control for women.

Gorsuch's mother headed the Environmental Protection Agency under Republican President Ronald Reagan before quitting under pressure in 1983.

Hardiman has embraced a broad interpretation of the U.S. Constitution's right to bear arms and has backed the right of schools to restrict student speech. Gun rights activists are eager for the Supreme Court to expand on a 2008 ruling that found for the first time that there is an individual right to bear arms for self-defense in the home.

'WORST ABOMINATION'

Pryor has been an outspoken critic of the court's 1973 landmark Roe v. Wade ruling legalizing abortion, calling it "the worst abomination of constitutional law in our history." Conservatives are hoping the high court will back restrictions imposed on the procedure by some Republican-governed states.

Last year, the Supreme Court issued its strongest endorsement of abortion rights in more than two decades, striking down a Texas abortion law imposing strict regulations on doctors and facilities in a 5-3 ruling.

Conservative Justice Anthony Kennedy joined the court's four liberals in that ruling. That means that it may take more than one Trump appointee to change the court's approach in abortion rulings. But Trump may get more than one appointment to the court, with three justices 78 or older: liberals Ruth Bader Ginsburg (83) and Stephen Breyer (78), as well as Kennedy (80).

You can unfollow people on Facebook. Say you have a family member that posts Trump or Anti-Trump memes but you don't want to separate entirely. I'm positive my sister does not follow me. I follow her to interact with the pictures of my nephew and nieces. If I see a political post that makes my blood pressure go up I click hide post.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.n8k0x1yvz

I'm sure a lot of you have read this but if you haven't it's...terrifying and essential. Read and share!

This isn't even the most notable thing mentioned in the piece, but it's terrifying none the less.

Last Sunday, Kellyanne Conway (likely another member of the inner circle) said that “It’s really time for [Trump] to put in his own security and intelligence community,” and this seems likely to be the case.As per my analysis yesterday, Trump is likely to want his own intelligence service disjoint from existing ones and reporting directly to him; given the current staffing and roles of his inner circle, Bannon is the natural choice for them to report through. (Having neither a large existing staff, nor any Congressional or Constitutional restrictions on his role as most other Cabinet-level appointees do) Keith Schiller would continue to run the personal security force, which would take over an increasing fraction of the Secret Service’s job.

So I'm not quite sure of the word that fits, as maybe I've done my vocabulary in by smoking too much weed over the years...

But were the GOP just projecting what they wanted the country to become all those years Obama was in office? We heard nothing but government overreach, civil unrest, mass protests, extremism with officials, rights being taken away, and the constitution being trampled on

And now when they take over the branches of government, that's exactly what we have. I don't know if it's irony, maybe it is.

This is exactly what Steve Bannon wants. Trump is just in it to get richer. Bannon has stated he wants to take down the government. What better what to destroy the state than go after portions of the population. There'll be more protests, and I feel with zero accountability or guts from our elected officials, citizens will eventually rise up and try to fight back. Which goes right into a narrative for these assholes to bring in martial law.

Or best case the population protests too much which wears on the country's psyche and we just accept what is hammered down.

Just real scary times.

What the hell?!?!.....

BREAKING: Trump to sign exec. order this morning requiring that for every 1 new regulation, 2 regulations have to be revoked - sr. official

https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/826081756713467908
Shouldn't be surprising, it was one of his only clear-cut policies during the election cycle.

Also: the Google Doodle today is great.

https://www.google.com/doodles

Warmed my heart the second I opened my browser at work this morning.

“I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.
Shocked, I asked him what he meant. “Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press.

We have not had evil in the likes of Bannon in the White House. He makes Cheney look like 'just kinda an asshole". Trump is the unhinged dangerous moron-in-chief, but make no mistake Bannon is the devil in his ear.

The worst part is that relatively few of Trump's supporters find any of this objectionable. Yes, his net ratings are down 8 points in a week, but he's still got around 40% support.

We should never, ever forget what these people stood for. I don't think they are all racists or mysoginists or Islamophobes...but I do firmly believe each and every one of them has contributory negligence for all that has happened and all that is to come.

We have not had evil in the likes of Bannon in the White House. He makes Cheney look like 'just kinda an asshole". Trump is the unhinged dangerous moron-in-chief, but make no mistake Bannon is the devil in his ear.

2s7x35c.jpg

The worst part is that relatively few of Trump's supporters find any of this objectionable. Yes, his net ratings are down 8 points in a week, but he's still got around 40% support.

We should never, ever forget what these people stood for. I don't think they are all racists or mysoginists or Islamophobes...but I do firmly believe each and every one of them has contributory negligence for all that has happened and all that is to come.

I hope they are remembered as Vichy-like collaborationists and forever tainted in the public consciouness.

Making me seriously regret voting for her.

It's based only on the confirmation votes right now. Which is why Senator Feinstein's offices are being barraged with calls to vote against Sessions and DeVos.

I was heartened to see she denounced the Muslim Ban and is going to introduce legislation to revoke the order.

Rumors say Trump is going to open fire on the gays next. "Religious freedom" nonsense from people who intend its exact opposite.

Thanks, Trump voters. You've made life on earth appreciably worse for everyone alive in the space of a week.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kochs-condemn-trump-immigration-crackdown-234006697--finance.html

INDIAN WELLS, Calif. (AP) — Charles Koch first likened candidate Donald Trump's plan to ban Muslim immigrants to something Adolf Hitler would have done in Nazi Germany.

The billionaire industrialist and his chief lieutenants offered a more delicate response this weekend when asked about President Trump's plan to block immigration from seven Muslim-majority countries. They described Trump's plan as "the wrong approach" that violated its dedication to "free and open societies."

The criticism comes as the Koch network, among the most powerful conservative groups in the nation, works to strike a delicate balance in the early days of the new administration. The Kochs refused to support Trump's candidacy last fall, but they now see a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to influence the White House and the Republican-controlled Congress.

Their optimism is fueled by strong relationships inside the administration, despite their vow to oppose Trump's policies if they deviate from the Koch brothers' conservative priorities.

Trump critics were easy to find at the California desert resort this weekend, where attendance at a semi-annual conference was limited to the 550 people who donate at least $100,000 each year to the various conservative political and policy groups backed by Charles and David Koch.

The critics included Charles Koch himself, although the conservative patriarch did not mention Trump by name Sunday as he warned that the nation is facing a moment of "tremendous danger." He said the nation could "go the authoritarian route ... or we can move toward a free and open society. So this is our opportunity."

So now can the Trump supporters please finally stop insisting that it's only "liberal snowflakes who can't get over Hillary losing" who are against Trump and these sorts of policies he's trying to push?

(This isn't to let the Koch brothers off the hook for what they do support, mind, 'cause while Pence might be comparatively sane next to someone like Trump, I still can't stand his policy stances. But still.)

It's based only on the confirmation votes right now. Which is why Senator Feinstein's offices are being barraged with calls to vote against Sessions and DeVos.

I was heartened to see she denounced the Muslim Ban and is going to introduce legislation to revoke the order.
She's giving me this weird vibe of two-facedness right now, though. I mean, it's not like she'll be needing a vote for a while anyways, so there's time for me to form another opinion. Last night I was happy to see she and our reps had all spoken out against the ban.
Rumors say Trump is going to open fire on the gays next. "Religious freedom" nonsense from people who intend its exact opposite.

Thanks, Trump voters. You've made life on earth appreciably worse for everyone alive in the space of a week.
Can you please explain? I don't follow what you mean by this. What rumors? Where at? Here? Abroad? Literally? Metaphorically?

Do you have a draft of the EO yet?

Do you have a draft of the EO yet?

here's what i do have:

An executive order from President Donald Trump opening up discrimination against the LGBTQ community on the basis of religious belief is expected sometime this week, possibly as soon as today.

Several sources spoke with LGBTQ Nation on the condition of anonymity who have told us that the order will allow for discrimination in a number of areas, including employment, social services, business, and adoption.

From what we’ve heard, the executive order could be far-reaching, and could include: making taxpayer funds available for discrimination against LGBTQ people in social services; allow federally funded adoption agencies to discriminate against LGBTQ parents; eliminate non-discrimination protections in order to make it possible to fire federal employers and contractors based on their sexual orientation or gender identity; and allow federal employees to refuse to serve people based on the belief that marriage should be between a man and a woman, and that gender is an immutable characteristic set at birth, which would impact a broad range of federal benefits.

The order is expected to come in the packaging of so-called “religious freedom,” which argues that someone’s religious beliefs should be enough to prevent them from having to provide goods and services to members of the LGBTQ community if doing so would conflict with said beliefs.

Vice President Mike Pence gained widespread notoriety for his Religious Freedom Restoration Act, passed during his time as the governor of Indiana. He later backpedaled and signed an executive order removing language allowing for discrimination against the LGBTQ individuals.

“The rumors of an anti-LGBTQ executive action by President Trump are deeply troubling,” JoDee Winterhof, the Human Rights Campaign‘s Senior Vice President for Policy and Political Affairs, told LGBTQ Nation in an emailed statement. “We already know that he is willing to target and marginalize at-risk communities for his perceived political gain. As the President and his team plan their next steps, we want to make one thing clear: we won’t give one inch when it comes to defending equality, whether it is a full-on frontal assault or an attack under the guise of religion. Mike Pence should know that better than anyone given his track record in Indiana.”

“The Human Rights Campaign will stand with those who have already been targeted by this Administration and are prepared to fight tooth and nail against every effort to discriminate.”

North Carolina has been on the receiving end of its own boycott over its decision to allow for discriminate with House Bill 2 (HB2), which, in part, nullified non-discrimination ordinances passed by cities and municipalities throughout the state after Charlotte passed an expanded ordinance providing protections for LGBTQ people.

Press Secretary Sean Spicer recently said he did not know if Trump would overturn former president Barack Obama‘s executive order banning anti-LGBTQ discrimination among federal contractors.

Trump has signaled support for anti-LGBTQ legislation in the form of the First Amendment Defense Act (FADA), pledging on his website to sign it into law. FADA would allow for businesses and individuals citing a religious belief to discriminate against the LGBTQ community and prohibit the federal government from taking “discriminatory action” against them for doing so.

Members of the House and Senate recently confirmed with BuzzFeed News‘ Dominic Holden that they plan to refile FADA.

Trump’s pick for Attorney General, Sen. Jeff Sessions, also recently defended the proposed legislation.

Update: Press Secretary Spicer was asked at today’s press conference about the rumored religious freedom executive order, as well as HRC‘s statement on it, and he refused to answer the question.

Sources: Trump executive order allowing anti-LGBTQ discrimination is coming soon / LGBTQ Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom