Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trump is who we thought he was - a xenophobic, racist asshole.

it's the republican leadership who are the real cowards in this tragedy - mcconnell, ryan, and yes, pence - sitting around and letting it all happen so that you can get some favorable policy decisions, rather than standing up for what you know is right and stated as such during the campaign.

And just so we are clear, those "policy decisions" are mostly one: tax cuts for the rich.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Trump might possibly be a danger to our country. Obama, Bushes, Clinton, Reagan weren't perfect...but by far they weren't dangerous. How can we be sure he won't start a pointless war with Iran because of his own ego?

Reagan nearly started a nuclear war with Russia , when he decided to not
follow his cue-cards and ad-libbed his "evil empire" remark. Right when Reagan
said this, the U.S. was conducting war games close to Europe. Thankfully,
the intelligence dept. got wind of the paranoia within the Soviet Union and the ships were removed. The threat of a nuke attack was averted.

So the ban also covers dual nationals, which presumably means Canadians and other dual nationals, for example, may not be able to enter the country.
If I understand correctly (a friend was posting about this on FB), it applies to someone who is a dual citizen of one of the 7 listed countries and another country.
I'm definitely keeping a low profile even in England (20% Muslim here in Leicester). I feel like a target because of that Orange creep.

Wow, from tomorrows UK Observer.....

5b7093933a799dbb695163cc0585aae4.jpg

Alternative facts please:

70% of murder are refuge Muslims.
15% of murders are illegal Mexicans.
10% of murders are blacks in Chicago the murder capital of the world.
5% of murders are liberal protestors.

There has not been one murder committed by a white person or a legal gun owner since Barack HUSSEIN Obama left office.

"Our 19,000-member-strong union stands firmly opposed to Donald Trump's Muslim ban. As an organization whose membership is largely Muslim, a workforce that's almost universally immigrant, and a working-class movement that is rooted in the defense of the oppressed, we say no to this inhumane and unconstitutional ban," the NYTWA said in a statement.

He's doing exactly what he said he would do. This should surprise none, and frighten all.

It probably surprises people who kept complaining that the R's and the D's are the same and we have no real choices in a two party system.

It also likely surprises people who thought Trump would "surround himself with good people."

I tried calling my rep tonight to see if I could leave a voicemail , mailbox full. I will be watching in the next few days. Any rep or senator who doesn't come out strongly against this loses my vote, dem or not

I think that there were many people thinking (hoping?) that he would moderate once in office.

I really think that he's not mentally well.

It probably surprises people who kept complaining that the R's and the D's are the same and we have no real choices in a two party system.

It also likely surprises people who thought Trump would "surround himself with good people."

What trump is doing doesn't really surprise me, we all knew he was a loose canon with obvious mental issues well before election, what actually surprises me a bit (although not much) is all the coward republicans who were opposing trump so much during the campaign are now supporting him and not stopping this madness! When will they draw the line? When the trump starts a horrible war perhaps? Or when trump causes another Great Depression maybe? Idk but I am surprised that the politicians that opposed trump so much are now behind him!

I really think that he's not mentally well.

he is the oldest person ever elected president. i imagine anyone's mind would be deeply affected by going through the ridiculous whirlwhind his life has been the last couple years, much less a mind owned by a 70 year old donald trump.

i really think he's in so far over his head he's about to drown and his ego is having a hard time with anything having to do with reality right now. he's surrounded himself with enablers and yes-men who are only in it for themselves and are only going to make things worse for everyone by making him increasingly paranoid.

it would almost be kinda sad if he wasn't taking a big wet shit on america and a whole lot of human lives on his way down.

Last edited:
For those that claim to be Christian, and used that as part of your reasoning to support this colossal mistake, and used Leviticus to support other hatreds; you are hypocrites:

Leviticus 19:

33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

For those that claim to be Christian, and used that as part of your reasoning to support this colossal mistake, and used Leviticus to support other hatreds; you are hypocrites:

Leviticus 19:

33 “‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

All these Syrians should just lie and pretend that they are Christians. You know, like how Republicans do.

I'm so furious right now. Two of my closest friends, some of the most wonderful people I've known, are in effect separated from parts of their family and friends.

I'm sure the "economic anxiety" voters in the rust belt have seen their lives improve this week.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

good thing you guys didn't elect hillary though. by this point, who knows, she might have lost an e-mail. what a bullet we all dodged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom