Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please, for the love of all that is good, can somebody get this creep out of office? I am going to be begging for this every damn day at this point.

Thanks, Trump supporters. Thank you so fucking much. I really hope you're proud of your choice.

That's not how it works. You guys lost and now you must get back in line. Keep begging --- it will change nothing.

You are welcome. We are proud of what he's doing.

These are refugees from other countries, not American citizens or residents. The constitution doesn't apply to people who don't yet live here.

There have been Supreme Court cases that have fleshed this out and determined refugees to be deserving of due process. Zadvydas v. Davis? Or am I misinterpreting the reach of that case?

Last edited:

Including the federal employee gag order? The active silencing of scientific discovery? The blatant favoritism and recommendation of one news station over another because of its more Trump-favoring content? Proposing enormous tax hikes on imports? Destroying a trade relationship with a neighboring country? Banning refugees from all Middle Eastern countries except for those in which Trump has business interests?

This is all good with you?

Last edited:
That's not how it works. You guys lost and now you must get back in line. Keep begging --- it will change nothing.

Nice of you to come out of the woodwork. Care to expand a bit on what it is that makes you so proud?

So much to be proud of in a man signing an order to prevent people fleeing religious persecution, torture and death on Holocaust Rememberance Day.

:up:

So much to be proud of in a man signing an order to prevent people fleeing religious persecution, torture and death on Holocaust Rememberance Day.

:up:
It's self preservation, "I'm alright and who cares about anyone else". The very worst animalistic trait in a human being.

There have been Supreme Court cases that have fleshed this out and determined refugees to be deserving of due process. Zadvydas v. Davis? Or am I misinterpreting the reach of that case?

Just reading the synopsis of that, that sounds like all they're saying is that the US can't deport stateless people. Refugees aren't the same as stateless, and to be deported, you have to make it here first. Also seems like it has quite to do with the US ability to detain refugees and stateless people.

By saying they're willing to accept refugees from a specific religion, those people aren't yet here. To be accepted in under refugee grounds, you've got to apply. They don't owe entry to any refugees, though. So, he can pick and choose if he wants.

Last edited:
So first Trump pointed to a report that said 3 million illegal votes, then that author said you can't read that's nowhere in my report, then Trump attacks the author, and now his source is a guy that has an app to sell that claims he has names?

But it will take a few months?

How hard is it to type 3 million Hispanic sounding names?

And you Trumpicans buy this?

I'm sure my name will be on it. I've been called wetback. I've been told to go back to where I came from. It's despicable because we all know the reason it is brought up is to keep the brown people from voting.

Oh and the GOP can go fuck themselves over health care. They've had 7 FUCKING years to come up with a better plan than the ACA and guess what? THEY HAVE NOTHING. But they still decided to scare people by starting the repeal process. They are vile.

Oh and freezing refugees on Holocaust Remembrance Day is just the cherry on top of this shitshow.

Just reading the synopsis of that, that sounds like all they're saying is that the US can't deport stateless people. Refugees aren't the same as stateless, and to be deported, you have to make it here first. Also seems like it has quite to do with the US ability to detain refugees and stateless people.

By saying they're willing to accept refugees from a specific religion, those people aren't yet here. To be accepted in under refugee grounds, you've got to apply. They don't owe entry to any refugees, though. So, he can pick and choose if he wants.

So we can't discriminate based on religion when it pertains to deportation, but we can discriminate with regards to admittance? That's...interesting. But I follow.

No, just got frustrated with the news blurbs people were sharing here and that post touched a nerve.

I didn't realize it was a joke, I thought bob was serious. But if he meant it as a joke, then I apologize.

My point was that I don't take any of these "let's get Trump out of office" posts seriously. It's completely absurd. Give the man a chance.
I don't like seeing people miserable. I've seen plenty of people on my side and even more on the opposite side let an election or whatever is going on politically completely take over their lives and they end up becoming obsessive, neurotic loons.
I pity the people that spend every waking moment hating Trump and doing whatever they can to get him out of office. The same for the folks on my side who felt similar ways to Obama. What's the endgame to it? I just don't get it. Instead of focusing on how we can better ourselves as people, we continue to fight against reality until we're lonely and miserable. Donald Trump is POTUS. All the yelling, kicking, screaming, protesting, and rioting is not going to change that. The sooner you accept that, the better your life will be.
It's why I don't post often and when I do, it's often done in jest. It's just so gloomy and negative here. I feel like everyone is on the verge of a mental collapse.

And to the part about if i'm proud of Trump....
I watch what happens closely, but I don't immediately jump to conclusions until I see how it plays out. I've liked some of his appointments, others not so much. I've like many of the things he's done, some others i'm a bit skeptical about.
In this massive media machine where every little thing is being made into a huge issue, the virtue of patience is dying a painful death. It's why calling Obama the worst president of all time is a ridiculous statement to make and the same can be said of W when he left office. People just need to be patient and let things play out. We never fully appreciated the things that Polk, Monroe, Lincoln, etc. did until decades after they left office. It's just purely idiotic to scrutinize every little thing an administration that you disagree with does.
Trump has been playing everyone like a fiddle for the last year and a half because he knows that people are always jumping the gun. He's playing 4D chess. Give the man a few months or a year. If he fails, he fails and he'll get called out. But good Lord, he's been in office for a week.

Guys, I once tried to pretend I was a principled conservative that touted that I wanted someone who believed in the constitution and Christian values, but now I'm proud that my team is banning information that should be delivered to the public, proud of the lying, proud of the ego feed, proud that we're no longer helping refugee children, proud that my guy can use private servers when I demanded the other go to prison, today is a celebration of ignorance and we stand proud.

Just wait till week 2!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's just purely idiotic to scrutinize every little thing an administration that you disagree with does.

Not really. It's part of your responsibility as an American citizen to stay informed of what your government is doing so that you can challenge it if it crosses over into unconstitutional or immortal territory. I refuse to give this man a decade to let the full impact of his decisions run their course.

Republicans certainly didn't give Obama a leash that long during either term.

I would give trump a chance if he wasn't such a dbag! I think many of us are reacting the way we are here because the things he does and says are simply outrageous. You can't blame everyone here for reacting to trump the way they are (including myself), we are simply scared of his actions! I don't ever recall a president acting like how trump has in the first week. So I don't blame people for the reactions he is getting in here! It is only natural. I am worried about trump and his effect on the world and I don't even live in the USA so I can only imagine how those on this forum that live in the states feel. If he wants to be given a chance, he should prove to his citizens that he is worthy of a chance. So far from what I see he is not worthy of being given a chance. But ofcourse this is my opinion only! I don't speak for others.

Trump hit the ground this past week at such a dizzying pace, that even myself (the resident Trump-fanboy) was surprised. I think he puts a lot of faith in his team and makes them work hard just to keep up.

Now the American people are trying to keep up and sort everything out on a daily basis. Whether you love him or do not like him he has the attention of the world. Everybody is waking up saying 'What is Trump doing-saying today?' It is a different world. A total paradigm shift in how we view the pacing of Government and it's means to communicate with the people.

With the whirlwind of this past week, I decided to step back from the thread (things were happening so fast I wasn't ready to jump in and play Trump consular official). It was interesting to see some of the group dynamics. There is fear, confusion, maybe a few glimmers of hope in there. There were a few posters blaming the voting habits of others for Hillary. Name calling. A couple level-heads called-out the backasswardness of the constant labeling of groups and ideologies. Somewhat refreshing.

I have plenty more to respond to. (or to deflect . . . right BVS? :wink:)

BTW: Not a Libertarian. I'm a Reagan-Conservative-Trumpian hybrid that likes to smoke weed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom