Trump General Discussion V - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-25-2017, 07:13 PM   #141
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,900
Local Time: 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
Mind-boggling.
Racism? What racism?

Quote:
Ahead of and behind Mr. Langer were voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote, Mr. Trump said, according to the staff members — but they were nonetheless permitted to cast provisional ballots. The president threw out the names of Latin American countries that the voters might have come from.
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 07:29 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 06:07 PM
He's delusional, truly mentally ill.

Good job Trump voters. I just hope you have the honesty to admit shame in 4 years.
__________________

anitram is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 07:29 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,462
Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Is this 2012?

Your repeated insistence that those who don't comply with your agenda are inferior to is a really big problem that the right continues to bitch about. Start listening, because whether you like it or not, that's clearly how they feel. And it's not shocking considering I mean, you just called me an idiot, were met amicably, and proceeded to call me an idiot again.

It doesn't matter if it's 2012, 2000, or 2016. Because someone doesn't see something the way you do doesn't make them an idiot. You don't even have a legitimate statistical argument for 2016, so your argument is weak in saying they made a difference to the results. As for them being idiots, in 2016, you're still making an pompous statement. So you're telling me I was balancing on the fence between being an idiot? Had Gary Johnson not humiliated himself, I very well could've voted for him. My level of education or wits lies solely on whether or not I subscribe to your invalid tragedy-of-the-commons-is-the-reason-for-Trump argument?
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 01-25-2017, 07:35 PM   #144
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,475
Local Time: 06:07 PM
Trump General Discussion V

That's nice.

The tragedy of Trump is because voters lacked the imagination to see that this was all possible.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 01-25-2017, 07:35 PM   #145
War Child
 
TheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 763
Local Time: 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
He's delusional, truly mentally ill.

Good job Trump voters. I just hope you have the honesty to admit shame in 4 years.
We won't make it to 2020 at this rate, absolutely not.
TheFox is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #146
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,462
Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
That's nice.

The tragedy of Trump is because voters lacked the imagination to see that this was all possible.

That's nice? Cat got your tongue?

You still haven't shown me how third party voters are responsible for the election of Donald Trump. Or how they're idiots.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 01-25-2017, 07:44 PM   #147
Blue Crack Addict
 
anitram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NY
Posts: 18,918
Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFox View Post
We won't make it to 2020 at this rate, absolutely not.
He certainly sounds like he is on the brink of meltdown.
anitram is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 07:53 PM   #148
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,676
Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Whatever you can to avoid a Trump presidency. And then to support 3rd parties in local and state elections.
So you think I should compromise my beliefs then? (Mind you, I voted for Hillary as she was my candidate of choice, but had she not been, it would've been harder to say)

There are very little opportunities to vote for another party at any other level besides president, so what then?
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:02 PM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,475
Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
So you think I should compromise my beliefs then? (Mind you, I voted for Hillary as she was my candidate of choice, but had she not been, it would've been harder to say)

There are very little opportunities to vote for another party at any other level besides president, so what then?


Yes. Vote for the greater good. Vote strategically.

Wait until we aren't faced with the apocalypse.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:12 PM   #150
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,462
Local Time: 06:07 PM
Vote to not be an Irvine idiot.
LuckyNumber7 is online now  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:26 PM   #151
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,676
Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
Yes. Vote for the greater good. Vote strategically.

Wait until we aren't faced with the apocalypse.
I politely disagree with you on this topic. But as I already said, it's easy for me to say that right now because it wasn't difficult for me to chose in this particular election.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:26 PM   #152
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: nazi punks fuck off
Posts: 21,974
Local Time: 05:07 PM
i'm getting awfully sick of this notion that whoever you voted for determines your intelligence, or worth, or deplorability, or whatnot. i'm starting to find myself feeling more sympathetic than i'd like to for some of the people who have been told constantly for the last few months they're automatically a terrible x-ist because they voted a certain way.
DaveC is online now  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:32 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict
 
Vlad n U 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 28,370
Local Time: 08:37 AM
I am very much sympathetic to those who abstained from voting or voted for Stein etc. My thoughts haven't changed in regards to that.
Vlad n U 2 is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:38 PM   #154
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,475
Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_212 View Post
I politely disagree with you on this topic. But as I already said, it's easy for me to say that right now because it wasn't difficult for me to chose in this particular election.


Thanks for remaining civil. I'm posting on the fly and don't have time to fire off more than a few sentences, illnjust say that this is a special election with special circumstances. Voting for Trump doesn't make you an idiot if, indeed, what you want is what Trump has promised. I know these people. I've just spent a week with them. I spent plenty of time in any given year with people who disagree with me politically. I think they're wrong, quite misinformed (as evidenced in actual conversations I've had and heard and usually don't engage in because I'm polite AF in real life), but not stupid in the IQ sense of the word.

The "idiots" I'm concerned with are those who are aghast at what Trump is doing and didn't vote for Clinton or didn't vote at all. Voting may not be a measure of intelligence, but it also isn't a matter of identity and specialness and being precious about it is, I think, idiotic. We have people in here who voted against Obama in '12 who are now Never Trump because they understood in November that what's happening now was possible, and they knew that there was one tool they had to prevent that: by voting.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:40 PM   #155
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 33,475
Local Time: 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i'm getting awfully sick of this notion that whoever you voted for determines your intelligence, or worth, or deplorability, or whatnot. i'm starting to find myself feeling more sympathetic than i'd like to for some of the people who have been told constantly for the last few months they're automatically a terrible x-ist because they voted a certain way.


It's not that they are necessarily racist or in favor of sexual assault, but that these things didn't bother them enough to change their votes.
Irvine511 is online now  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:45 PM   #156
Blue Crack Distributor
 
bono_212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 83,676
Local Time: 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It's not that they are necessarily racist or in favor of sexual assault, but that these things didn't bother them enough to change their votes.
This I can and always will agree with.
__________________
bono_212 is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #157
War Child
 
TheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 763
Local Time: 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i'm getting awfully sick of this notion that whoever you voted for determines your intelligence, or worth, or deplorability, or whatnot. i'm starting to find myself feeling more sympathetic than i'd like to for some of the people who have been told constantly for the last few months they're automatically a terrible x-ist because they voted a certain way.
It's almost like being classed as a terrorist when you come from a certain country or hold certain religious beliefs. That must get a bit sickening after a while, eh?
TheFox is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:50 PM   #158
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 20,724
Local Time: 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
It's not that they are necessarily racist or in favor of sexual assault, but that these things didn't bother them enough to change their votes.
This.

I can totally understand people deciding to vote third party, but I have to say I don't understand not voting at all. Men who don't vote, to me, that feels like they're taking for granted a right they've always had, and women or black people or so on not voting strikes me weird when you think of all their ancestors did to help get them those rights.

That, and I just find it hard to believe that there isn't a SINGLE politician out there that a voter could find at least some common ground with. Obviously I totally understand wanting to find a candidate whose ideals align best with yours (general "yours"), but the fact is that sometimes people aren't always going to get that. And I think instead of not voting at all, people should find the candidate who they think might be most amenable to supporting the policies they want, the person who they think might be most open to hearing from them and other voters. And then they should keep holding that politician's feet to the fire if they get elected.
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 09:03 PM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,470
Local Time: 10:07 PM
Water boarding anyone?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/cia-head-...222449399.html
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 09:16 PM   #160
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,462
Local Time: 06:07 PM
Uncivil idiot here, gotta own up to that.
__________________

LuckyNumber7 is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×