Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
edit: nvm, that was a dumb comparison i made. but you make a good point vlad.

I didn't get to see your pre-edit post, but thanks. :wink: Additionally speaking, this relative 'friendliness' between the Trump admin and Russia won't last - and I'd be surprised if it doesn't turn quickly.

Trump had a "secret" "emergency" trip today to pay respects to SEAL agent, there just happened to be photographers and info leaked minutes after it happened :lol:

The conned are eating it up.

Feb 1st so far....

66b144a439a333967722d51214e32408.jpg

Please stop this madness!

Honestly, flying to meet the remains of the Seal Team member who was killed was pretty much the first good thing he's done. I'm not going to give him crap about that.

However, I hope he took the time on the helicopter/plane to read up on Frederick Douglass. It is afterall Black History Month.

As for the rest of it. I've been contacting my friends who live in CO and NV to call their senators. We are close to getting DeVos blocked. The GOP is so scared they've rescheduled the vote so Sessions can take part.

Also, with everything the GOP is pulling, I NEVER want to hear whining about the ACA getting PUSHED through congress.

Last edited:
Honestly, flying to meet the remains of the Seal Team member who was killed was pretty much the first good thing he's done. I'm not going to give him crap about that.

However, I hope he took the time on the helicopter/plane to read up on Frederick Douglass. It is afterall Black History Month.

Trump voters would like to know why there isn't a white history month. #allhistorymatters

I mean, lots of people died in the Holocaust.

This is a publicity stunt that every president uses. 10 bucks said Obama gave Trump a little cheat sheet of things every president should do for positive attention. I promise you I can pull a headline of this recent Trump visit and find two of the same ones... "unexpected visit"... for Obama and Bush.

I'm not saying he cares or he doesn't. Just that, I wouldn't give any of them credit for it. He was told he should, as is tradition, so he did.

More questions for Oregoropa.

1 - Why didn't Garland get a hearing? Because a flimsy unwritten bendable rule says it's not the done thing? Or because conservatives didn't agree with him?

2 - From what I've read of Gorsuch he may not be a nightmare like Scalia, seems he is reasonably principled and puts the law above all else. Whether that will be the case remains to be seen.

3 - What is your response to Trump's Black History Month speech? That is one of the most disgusting and utterly disrespectful things I have ever seen. And yet his supporters and the conservatives who are so thrilled by Trump they think he's a cute new boy at the school, will continue to support him, despite the fact that if you compare it with Dubya's speeches it makes it look even worse.

On Yates: Did she make the case that the order was unconstitutional? No, she did not. If she did, please post it.

On LGBT: Where in Trump's decades long view as a public figure has he been disingenuous
to the LGBT community?

I have not heard these strong rumors he is about to sign a new EO to discriminate. My guess is they will prove to be false.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/01/30/us/document-Letter-From-Sally-Yates.html

I didn't say he has been disingenuous at all, I'm saying you were. You provided that article as evidence that Trump is good re: LBGT issues; he's done nothing at all for the community except say that he won't revoke laws that have already been passed. That hardly makes him a beacon for the LGBT community.

So in the second week of his presidency we are looking at the possibility of war with Iran and tapes of bannon from a couple of years ago saying that we would be at war with China! Wonderful each week just keeps getting better and better! End sarcasm

I don't think Gorsuch is Scalia, but what's more relevant is whether he's like Alito (an ideologue and a mean one at that, though very qualified) or like Roberts.

In December of 2015, Unforgettable Fire, the tribute band I work with, got to play at Irving Plaza on the 15th anniversary of U2 playing there to help introduce ATYCLB. The show was a fundraiser for the Newtown Kindness Foundation. Before the show I got to talking with a couple who were backstage. They were big U2 fans and wanted to hear the story behind Adam and Edge joining the band at the @U2 party. They were lovely people. We had a few drinks together, shared stories of seeing the band.

It wasn't until later that I realized that they were the parents of a child who was killed at Sandy Hook, after one of the people running the show came back to speak to them.

I'll never be able to forget the pit in my stomach, how I lost the ability to speak. The horror that these parents had to have gone through is unimaginable. To actually place a face and a name and to get to know them, even for a brief moment, it actually makes you angrier. These were people just like me and my wife. The hurt that they've gone through... it makes my nauseous every time i think about it.

For this fucking asshole to even remotely consider banning gun free school zones... just the thought of it makes my blood boil. Fuck this asshole, fuck the NRA, and fuck you too if you think guns have any business being anywhere near a school

In December of 2015, Unforgettable Fire, the tribute band I work with, got to play at Irving Plaza on the 15th anniversary of U2 playing there to help introduce ATYCLB. The show was a fundraiser for the Newtown Kindness Foundation. Before the show I got to talking with a couple who were backstage. They were big U2 fans and wanted to hear the story behind Adam and Edge joining the band at the @U2 party. They were lovely people. We had a few drinks together, shared stories of seeing the band.

It wasn't until later that I realized that they were the parents of a child who was killed at Sandy Hook, after one of the people running the show came back to speak to them.

I'll never be able to forget the pit in my stomach, how I lost the ability to speak. The horror that these parents had to have gone through is unimaginable. To actually place a face and a name and to get to know them, even for a brief moment, it actually makes you angrier. These were people just like me and my wife. The hurt that they've gone through... it makes my nauseous every time i think about it.

For this fucking asshole to even remotely consider banning gun free school zones... just the thought of it makes my blood boil. Fuck this asshole, fuck the NRA, and fuck you too if you think guns have any business being anywhere near a school

Oh, wow. Dang.

For as long as I live, I will never, ever be able to understand how Sandy Hook didn't immediately lead to massive gun control legislation/restriction. I do not understand how people still refused to even consider the idea in the face of that horror. It's mind-boggling.

More questions for Oregoropa.

1 - Why didn't Garland get a hearing? Because a flimsy unwritten bendable rule says it's not the done thing? Or because conservatives didn't agree with him?

2 - From what I've read of Gorsuch he may not be a nightmare like Scalia, seems he is reasonably principled and puts the law above all else. Whether that will be the case remains to be seen.

3 - What is your response to Trump's Black History Month speech? That is one of the most disgusting and utterly disrespectful things I have ever seen. And yet his supporters and the conservatives who are so thrilled by Trump they think he's a cute new boy at the school, will continue to support him, despite the fact that if you compare it with Dubya's speeches it makes it look even worse.

1. I hit some of the salient points on the precedent of Election Year appointments earlier. We have to go back more the 65 years to see an example of an appointment during the year of election. The Kennedy appointment was set in motion 17 months prior to the 1988 election. Joe Biden reminded George HW Bush of the precedent in a 1992 moment in Congress. From then it became known as the 'Biden Rule'.

3. Today I saw Trump at a round-table discussion with some of his African American advisors. Inner-Circle that has been with him for over a year. I'm assuming that text was lifted from that meeting where he was speaking off the cuff, not from a podium in an organized address. This was not an official speech or else we would have seen it all over the news today. Big difference in context. Its full of Trumpisms found in general conversation he falls back on. Certainly not a fully sanitized speech but I don't see anything mean spirited. His broadbrush strokes on that state of the inner-city, may drop jaws in here. We'll see if Jim Brown, Steve Harvey, and others he have reached out to suddenly march away from tomorrow him based upon this conversation.

I hear you bro! Sad story and I too couldn't even imagine what these poor parents went through! Trump will never understand this since he only cares for well... Himself! Thanks for sharing your story. Any parent that looses their child is an immense tragedy especially the way they lost theirs and what orange clown is doing is putting salt on the wounds. Fuck him!

someone needs to take the keys from this mentally ill mental infant.

It should have been one of the most congenial calls for the new commander in chief — a conversation with the leader of Australia, one of America’s staunchest allies, at the end of a triumphant week.

Instead, President Trump blasted Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull over a refugee agreement and boasted about the magnitude of his electoral college win, according to senior U.S. officials briefed on the Saturday exchange. Then, 25 minutes into what was expected to be an hour-long call, Trump abruptly ended it.

At one point Trump informed Turnbull that he had spoken with four other world leaders that day — including Russian President Vladimir Putin — and that “This was the worst call by far.”

Trump’s behavior suggests that he is capable of subjecting world leaders, including close allies, to a version of the vitriol he frequently employs against political adversaries and news organizations in speeches and on Twitter.

“This is the worst deal ever,” Trump fumed as Turnbull attempted to confirm that the United States would honor its pledge to take in 1,250 refugees from an Australian detention center. Trump, who one day earlier had signed an executive order temporarily barring the admissions of refugees, complained that he was “going to get killed” politically and accused Australia of seeking to export the “next Boston bombers.”

U.S. officials said that Trump has behaved similarly in conversations with leaders of other countries, including Mexico. But his treatment of Turnbull was particularly striking because of the tight bond between the United States and Australia — countries that share intelligence, support one another diplomatically and have fought together in wars including in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The characterizations provide insight into Trump’s temperament and approach to the diplomatic requirements of his job as the nation’s chief executive, a role in which he continues to employ both the uncompromising negotiating tactics he honed as a real estate developer and the bombastic style he exhibited as a reality television personality.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...d_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.e30076e79f80

Trump voters would like to know why there isn't a white history month. #allhistorymatters

I mean, lots of people died in the Holocaust.

A WHM!??!
:lmao: :lmao: :|:|

Nothing like having no net at home.. y'all burned through 30 pages since Sat when I had WiFi at the library.

Obviously you covered this- Banon in on National Security meetings stuff!!?!
Oh, lovely...
:crack::crack::crack:

As John Stewart said on Colbert; speaking of Donalds first 10 days in office...
"The Presidency is supposed to age the President not The People!"

:wave: VP!
How was your daughter's trip/ confernce in San Antonia?

Last edited:
I'd probably want to be careful with prescribing the mental illness tag to Trump.

jeez f'ng Christ
the Australia call and now cutting out surveilling extremist white sumpremency groups,lone wolfs? :gah: :crack::crack:

If you want to read more on Trump (gak) - (RIP) Wayne Barret wrote many articles in the Village Voice back in the day and a book on had him. Got his Modis operendi down back then.

Oh, HIS... didn't think I knew that the couple were from SH, Conn. Wow...

That's how strong the crazier zealouts in the NRA are along with it's president to be able to to put a fucking damper on any new gun control laws or at least re-restricting !#@%#¿& semi-automatics! :gah::|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom