Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The Dems will be in primary season (Maybe GOP too, depending on how things pan out). The same courtesy should be afforded. Allow the the vacancy to be an issue on the ballot.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

That's not how it works. The Constitution requires the President to submit nominations to the Senate to seek its advice and consent.

Given the outcome in November, it is not a stretch to believe that inviting the public to weigh in via ballot will result in Judge/Justice Judy nomination.

Nevermind China, Iran has been "put on notice"(yet nothing on Russia) ..

IMG_20170201_191641.jpg

i feel sad for the people of iran. they were so close to a better life and more prosperity. instead it seems like it's about to become the sequel. "iraq 2: in deep shiite"

i feel sad for the people of iran. they were so close to a better life and more prosperity. instead it seems like it's about to become the sequel. "iraq 2: in deep shiite"
In terms of war, Iran are a whole different prospect to Iraq. My airline route flys over the country as well in 5 weeks :-0

C3lULEYXUAQx8I7.jpg

Also, between 57 and 71% of white Evangelicals are insane.

This shouldn't be surprising. If you're Christian, there's a good chance you generally believe God is in control. Hence, you would believe he had a hand in the election. Hell, I'm not happy with the results, but I believe that for whatever the reason, God was ultimately in some way or another "responsible" for the outcome, in a sense, simply because I believe in God.

This shouldn't be surprising. If you're Christian, there's a good chance you generally believe God is in control. Hence, you would believe he had a hand in the election. Hell, I'm not happy with the results, but I believe that for whatever the reason, God was ultimately in some way or another "responsible" for the outcome, in a sense, simply because I believe in God.

There are plenty of non interventionist Christian denominations. I don't want to get too deep into it, but many denominations believe that God can be in control without actually "having a hand" in everyday life.

There are plenty of non interventionist Christian denominations. I don't want to get too deep into it, but many denominations believe that God can be in control without actually "having a hand" in everyday life.
That's kinda what I was trying to say. I don't know how to describe it, though, but if I'd been asked I would've been in the middle.

Trump still hasn't set up the blind trust for his business, it seems. And if his kids are indeed running it, why are they hanging out with him at WH meetings?

The media has let this slip. Everyone needs to not let up on this issue.

Shutting out CNN and actively endorsing right wing conspiracy theorists...why am I still surprised?

Wait, is CNN going to be free of Trump's lying shills now?

Like, it's going to be watchable again?

Did he/she say when the war with Iran is supposed to start?
When Trump decides to announce it on one of his morning Twitter rants.

Just as an aside, let's think about this. Russia has escalated military operations in Ukraine and barely anything is said whilst Iran do a missile test and they're getting a warning!

If the US chooses to go after Iran then it's hard to believe that it wouldn't greatly piss off Russia.

DaveC, what do you reckon about describing Trump as a neofascist?

Cornel West seems to think this way...

https://www.democracynow.org/2016/12/1/cornel_west_on_donald_trump_this

CORNEL WEST: Always a pleasure to be here. I just thank God for Democracy Now!, because journalism is almost dead as we move into this neofascist age. And thank God you all are still willing to tell the truth.

AMY GOODMAN: Well, your response to the election of Donald Trump and now the Cabinet he is appointing around him?

CORNEL WEST: Well, I think he’s already betrayed working people in terms of making sure, in his view, that Wall Street is in the driver’s seat. And what I mean by that is, is that in an emerging neofascist moment, you have the rule of big business, which is big banks and big corporations. You scapegoat the most vulnerable. It could be Muslims, Mexicans, gay brothers, lesbian sisters, indigenous peoples, black people, Jews and so on. And then you also have militaristic orientations around the world. And so, you see the extension of the repressive apparatus, as those of us who hit the streets, those of us who have been willing to go to jail, we’ve had to recognize we’ll have more coming at us under a Trump administration. But the crucial thing is, is that he had talked about his connection with working people, and it’s clear that the 1 percent are still running things.

NERMEEN SHAIKH: But you’ve also said—Dr. West, you just said that his administration will be neofascist.

CORNEL WEST: That’s right.

NERMEEN SHAIKH: Could you explain? What do you mean by that, neofascist as opposed to fascist, and what the two mean?

CORNEL WEST: Well, neofascist, it’s an American-style form of fascism. And what I mean by that is we’ve had a neoliberal rule, from Carter to Obama. That neoliberal rule left in place a national security state. It left in place massive surveillance. It left in place the ability of the president to kill an American citizen with no due process. That’s Obama. That was the culmination of the neoliberal era. Now you get someone who’s narcissistic, which is to say out of control psychologically, who is ideologically confused, which is to say in over his head. And who does he choose? The most right-wing, reactionary zealots, which lead toward the arbitrary deployment of law, which is what neofascism is, but to reinforce corporate interest, big bank interest, and to keep track of those of us who are cast as other—peoples of color, women, Jews, Arabs, Muslims, Mexicans and so forth and so on. So this is one of the most frightening moments in the history of this very fragile empire and fragile republic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom