Trump General Discussion V - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-27-2017, 11:54 PM   #381
More 5G Than Man

Local Time: 12:54 PM

Old 01-27-2017, 11:56 PM   #382
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:54 PM
Trump General Discussion V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregoropa View Post
Terrorism and the perversion of Islam by extremists is uncomfortable for you. Paris, Brussels, Istanbul, Berlin, Nice, Columbus, Orlando nope. . . Time to blame white people and guns.

Let's try to reason things out before we jump to White People and ARs

What on earth are you talking about?

Try to use some reason when you attempt to make people like this into terrorist threats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1485579354.388269.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	11061

(Note that it's only refugees from countries this monster in the White House doesn't have business ties with).

Old 01-28-2017, 12:02 AM   #383
War Child

Local Time: 08:54 PM
Whichever way you look at it you can't get away from the brazen bigotry of "Christian refugees get priority others".
Old 01-28-2017, 12:05 AM   #384
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
What on earth are you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511
I'm not terribly concerned about one day waking up under Sharia. This paranoia has to stop -- it's making people justify truly horrible behavior about an imaginary threat.

I'm much, much more frightened of, and under threat from, young white American men with no mental health care and easy access to powerful firearms.
You decided that Islamic terrorism is an overblown threat. It seems it is easier for you to pivot to white men with guns. You said it yourself.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:06 AM   #385
More 5G Than Man

No terrorism originates in Saudi Arabia, so it's good to see it on Trump's list of exemptions.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:10 AM   #386
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
No terrorism originates in Saudi Arabia, so it's good to see it on Trump's list of exemptions.
Would you rather him just tag every Muslim-majority country or is this a rhetorical point?

It's a future threat assessment made by an administration that seems to want follow the advice of the Intel community.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:13 AM   #387
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I was looking at some of my poetry books after watching Paterson and came across this Auden poem.

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1485580396.047557.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	11062

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1485580413.806576.jpg
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	11063

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1485580428.963548.jpg
Size:	10.6 KB
ID:	11064

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 01-28-2017, 12:14 AM   #388
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You decided that Islamic terrorism is an overblown threat. It seems it is easier for you to pivot to white men with guns. You said it yourself.

I said that white men with guns is a greater threat than Islamist terrorism. It's not a pivot.

I also said there is no danger of Sharia law taking over the US.

Additionally, banning refugees from Syria will do NOTHING to stop terror attacks anywhere. In fact, it's Grade A recruitment material for ISIS.

These are all objectively true.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:19 AM   #389
Blue Crack Supplier

No one from the GOP ever gets to use the phrase "religious freedom" ever again.

Ever.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:22 AM   #390
More 5G Than Man

Quote:
It's a future threat assessment made by an administration that seems to want follow the advice of the Intel community.
No, it's not. He has business interests there.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/20...t-of-interest/

Donald Trump’s immigration ban hits Muslim-majority countries (except those linked to his business) | The Independent

He managed to broadly ban a host of Muslim nations that have never been the origin point of any terrorist attacks on American soil, but kept the handful that have been at arm's length. Why? Oh, I don't know. He must know something we don't.

Old 01-28-2017, 12:43 AM   #391
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:54 AM
Laura Kuenssberg's stern questioning of Donald Trump angers his supporters

Well that's the BBC on the Fake News Blacklist now. How DARE they challenge Trump?!

Our desperate prime minister would probably be promising Trump that Kuenssberg's career is finished if she didn't stick the boot into Jeremy Corbyn so much back home.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:52 AM   #392
More 5G Than Man

Don't watch the BBC, watch Fox News! That's what smart people do! #maga
Old 01-28-2017, 01:36 AM   #393
Refugee

I mean, at least be consistent.

1. He's only banning Muslims from countries where he doesn't have business. Most of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, but Trump does business with them so of course he won't ban them. Though maybe I'm being harsh, despite the fact that terrorists have come from there, they've also acted as an ally far more than say, Iran. And they're more powerful than the liked of Syria. However, there have always been rumors about prominent people in Saudi Arabia supporting Al-Qaeda.

2. You're going to ban Muslims for fear of terrorism, but how will you handle school shootings and the other mass murders by non-Muslim Americans? The general NRA solution to that is more guns, the total opposite. That'll be ignored, of course.

Yes, Islamic Terrorism is a problem. And I hate the way many of those "banned" countries treat certain groups of people - like women, or like how gay people can be stoned to death in Iran for example, just for being born different. But that is why you have a strict vetting process, not a total ban. People want to leave those countries to get away from that, now they could be stuck there. Although there are many other places they can go at least until we go back to the way things were. I don't mind coming up with a better solution to differentiating the good people from the extremists, but a ban doesn't help. It will probably hurt.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:50 AM   #394
More 5G Than Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyLanePHINS View Post
Though maybe I'm being harsh, despite the fact that terrorists have come from there, they've also acted as an ally far more than say, Iran.

Nah. Just yesterday we spit in the face of a long-time ally and trading partner in the name of protectionism. He's just looking out for #1 by keeping Saudi Arabia around.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:10 AM   #395
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post

Quote:
Would you rather him just tag every Muslim-majority country or is this a rhetorical point?

If he's going to pick and choose countries and apply bigoted views...

At least be correct. Saudi Arabia is undoubtedly one of the biggest exporters of global jihad. Syria? Iraq? Hardly. Some of ISIS aren't even from those countries. They're foreign fighters. Or, ISIS agents come in and indoctrinate them and use them as pawns.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:06 AM   #396
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaget77 View Post
That's not how it works. You guys lost and now you must get back in line. Keep begging --- it will change nothing.

You are welcome. We are proud of what he's doing.
I take it you support the refugee ban, and call yourself pro life?

Please explain to me how helping the early deaths of little children makes you pro life? It can't be because they are of a different color... can it?

I'd like a response to this instead of the usual ignoring when someone asks you Trumpians a question.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:13 AM   #397
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Your Avatar, Linda Sarsour (organizer of the woman's march) had some nice things to say about the benefits of Sharia

How does she feel about the rest of Sharia that would be completely antithetical to the Women's March?

Christians and Jews can pick what tenants they want to follow from their own faith. If she is doing the same with her faith then that's OK. Jews/Christians hard some crazy punishments in the Old Testament. Just wondering if she clarified, because Sharia in practice in 2016 is pretty heavy stuff.

It wasn't just White Christians who bled in San Bernardino. A tightening of Visa controls could have stopped that attack by tracking the female shooter. Granted Saudi Arabia and Pakistan aren't on the list of countries. It is not a total Muslim stop order.
I don't think sharia means what you think it means... and paranoia is not the answer. It's an attempt to justify these atrocities.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:15 AM   #398
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
The US invaded Iraq without justification.

We left without a proper solution.

This creates the ISIS problem.

We just told the people trying to flea the horrors of the problem we created to go fuck themselves.

How's that for nuance?

This sort of response will sign, seal and deliver thousands upon thousands of recruits for them - not for us.

9/11 hijackers - zero came from these countries.

Boston - not from these countries.

The attacks in San Bernardino and Orlando - American born.

I do have the view that we've been at war with radical Islam for long before 9/11. We just didn't know it yet. I can see the WTC from my window. You don't need to tell me about what's at stake here.

We sent people to their slaughter today, and created more enemies than we stopped.

This is not the answer. This is as un-American as it possibly gets.

I'm disgusted, ashamed and embarrassed for our nation.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:14 AM   #399
War Child

Local Time: 08:54 PM
Deleted.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:24 AM   #400
Blue Crack Distributor

"I think this whole notion that somehow we can just say no more Muslims, just ban a whole religion, goes against everything we stand for and believe in. I mean, religious freedom has been a very important part of our history and where we came from."

-Noted left wing shill Dick Cheney