Trump General Discussion V - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-26-2017, 09:34 PM   #261
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoMac View Post
Lock him uahhh fuck it

Old 01-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #262
Refugee

Local Time: 09:37 AM
Every day is more disturbing than the last.

I can't believe this is all happening.

Old 01-26-2017, 10:19 PM   #263
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by the iron horse View Post
Several months ago few friends discussed their idea that Trump was playing with the press. I was having difficulty understanding why Trump would make some uncalled remark or tweet some wild remark at four in the morning.

On election day I was not convinced he was going to win. Since then I am convinced it is part of the reason he won and he going to keep at.

Trump is playing a master game of chess with the press and many of his loud detractors. It is going to be fun to watch this match. Here are parts I selected from the USA Today opinion piece. It is worth reading in its entirety.

Quotes:

In fact, Trump’s basically gaslighting them. Knowing how much they hate him, he’s constantly provoking them to go over the top. Sean Spicer’s crowd-size remarks on Saturday were all about making them seem petty and negative. (And, possibly, teeing up crowd size comparisons at this Friday’s March For Life, which the press normally ignores but which Trump will probably force them to cover).

They’re taking the bait because they think he’s dumb, and impulsive, and lacking self-control — but he’s the one causing them to act in ways that are dumb and impulsive, and demonstrate lack of self-control. As Richard Fernandez writes on Facebook, they think he’s dumb because they think he has lousy taste…

If the news media actually focused on reporting facts accurately and straightforwardly, on leaving opinion to the pundits, and on giving Trump a clearly fair shake, then Trump’s tactics wouldn’t work, and any actual dirt they found on him would do actual damage. He’s betting on the press being insufficiently mature and self-controlled to manage that. So far, his bet is paying off.

And as long as the press is mindlessly partisan and bereft of self-discipline, capitalizing on that is just good politics.

Trump is playing with the press: Glenn Reynolds

An interesting article, but I disagree with the chess analogy. What Trump is doing is a big Ponzi/ pyramid scheme. Chess requires strategy, which he has, but it also requires forethought, which he doesn't.

My concern is that after years of labeling everything Orwellian and talking about government overreaching you finally have real examples of Orwellian tactics and government shutting down discussion, and you're absolutely silent. Why?

Is it just because he's Republican?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference
Old 01-26-2017, 10:38 PM   #264
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:37 AM
Or the simple fact is he really has no idea what he's doing. That's certainly the impression the leaks from his aides are giving
Old 01-27-2017, 04:32 AM   #265
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:37 PM
Sean Spicer may have tweeted a password twice on two consecutive days:
White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer accidentally tweets password two days in a row

8 characters, one only letters and numbers, the other just letters. That's 46 to 48 bit protection. That's practically an invitation to hackers.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:35 AM   #266
you are what you is

Quote:
Trump is playing a master game of chess with the press and many of his loud detractors.
I think everyone agrees he has been trying to delegitimize the free press so that the only "truth" remaining for the people who choose they will believe Trump no matter what crazy shit he spews is "Trump's Truth™" aka "Alternative Facts".

To call lying and deceipt a a master game of chess is a bit much.
Especially since he's only fooling people who want to be fooled.
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 01-27-2017, 05:32 AM   #267
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer accidentally tweets password two days in a row

8 characters, one only letters and numbers, the other just letters. That's 46 to 48 bit protection. That's practically an invitation to hackers.
forget living in a post-fact world. we're living in a post-common sense world.
Old 01-27-2017, 05:50 AM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

this might cheer (most of) you guys up a bit... or make you cry/point and laugh/wonder at the stupidity of fellow human beings

Twitter Is Full Of Trump Voters Who Regret Their Decision And It's Bittersweet
Old 01-27-2017, 06:45 AM   #269
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post

How do you even do that? You have to have absolutely no idea what you're doing on a computer to accidently tweet your Twitter password
Old 01-27-2017, 06:57 AM   #270
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
How do you even do that? You have to have absolutely no idea what you're doing on a computer to accidently tweet your Twitter password

He's just playing chess bro, this is all a brilliant scheme.

Old 01-27-2017, 06:59 AM   #271
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
An interesting article, but I disagree with the chess analogy. What Trump is doing is a big Ponzi/ pyramid scheme. Chess requires strategy, which he has, but it also requires forethought, which he doesn't.

My concern is that after years of labeling everything Orwellian and talking about government overreaching you finally have real examples of Orwellian tactics and government shutting down discussion, and you're absolutely silent. Why?

Is it just because he's Republican?

Where has he overreached over anything yet. Did President Obama ever overreach?

I'm am not a Republican. His threat of a tariff on goods from Mexico is not a good idea. If this happens, goods from Mexico will cost more and we will pay for the wall.

I just try to call it as I see it. I don't care what political party it is.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:13 AM   #272
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Trump General Discussion V

Quote:

I'm am not a Republican. His threat of a tariff on goods from Mexico is not a good idea. If this happens, goods from Mexico will cost more and we will pay for the wall.

I just try to call it as I see it, not to protect any political party.

No trust me, we ALL know if Obama called for a ban of media to any government agency, if he would have held press conferences in order just to boost his ego, if he would have flat out lied and said he called off the meeting instead of Mexico, if he had his administration telling you listen to government not the free press all in the first week you would have been calling for his impeachment.

What do you do? You go beyond turning your head and ignoring it, you say it can't be Orwellian because he's the hero. It's blatant hypocrisy, and you allow it because it's your team. The old ironhorse would have been calling him out on this.

And we were always paying for the wall, let's not be naive.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:40 AM   #273
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
His threat of a tariff on goods from Mexico is not a good idea. If this happens, goods from Mexico will cost more and we will pay for the wall.

Thank you for finally not blindly praising him on everything.

Old 01-27-2017, 07:44 AM   #274
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post
this might cheer (most of) you guys up a bit... or make you cry/point and laugh/wonder at the stupidity of fellow human beings

Well they can fucking eat it now! Now they have to pay for their mistake! They still voted for this guy regardless that he was a well known clown and psycho well before they had the opportunity to vote. Now they cry! Will tough shit for them now.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:08 AM   #275
War Child

What is this utter disgusting nonsense??

'People want protection and a wall protects. All you have to do is ask Israel...' @realDonaldTrump https://t.co/QeTbiJpaDY

https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/824956253625581568
Old 01-27-2017, 08:25 AM   #276
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama cass View Post

I particularly love the people who are telling him to quit bitching about crowds and voter fraud and start doing his job.

But wow. Yeah. Those complaints. I'm glad to see them FINALLY starting to wake up to the fact that he's not going to do shit for them, but...gee, it's almost like people tried to warn them of that fact before the election or something! Maybe they'll actually try paying some attention next time.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:26 AM   #277
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
You're going to pay for that wall one way or another.

You either need to accept this (if the wall is SO important to you) or you need to fight back since you voted for the premise of somebody else paying for it (hence you may need to admit you were naïve/stupid/whatever).

There really is no other option for you at this stage. The rest of us all knew that this was an absurdity.

Oh and by the way, that thing can't be built for $12-15BN and everybody who has 2 brain cells to rub together knows it.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:01 AM   #278
Blue Crack Supplier

But Don's gonna get us a real good deal on that wall. It's gonna be so great. We're not gonna believe how good the deal will be.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:07 AM   #279
Blue Crack Distributor

He works know. He's a tremendous businessman.
Old 01-27-2017, 09:21 AM   #280
War Child

Quote:

I just try to call it as I see it. I don't care what political party it is.
Only the Mexico thing? Not the fact he seems delusional in claiming mass voting fraud or the fact Russian sanctions are about to be lifted? How can he be so brazen in showing treason?....

Trump aide Conway - removing Russian sanctions on the cards in call with Putin tomorrow... Britain has been strongest remaining advocate https://t.co/hWr5YRxuEh