Trump General Discussion V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This executive order flies in the face of everything this country was founded on. This is one of the most disgraceful days in our history.

Which one?

I thought it was very transparent that he signed every executive order in front of cameras and commented on most of them what they were about.

It's been a busy week. Friday was a good day. I hope folks in the UK liked the meeting today.

I hope President Trump does take a Sabbath rest this weekend. I could use some rest. He's a difficult fellow to keep up with.

This executive order flies in the face of everything this country was founded on. This is one of the most disgraceful days in our history.

Trump views the current situation as a war against a conquest ideology that has infiltrated and perverted a religion. The intelligence chiefs, military generals, under Obama, have all warned that ISIS has stated they intend to embed themselves in the refugee stream. Has already happened in European attacks. He said he was going to do this 13 months ago until we had more extreme vetting. Establishing a safe zone to do this. Can Putin and Trump work on this safe zone during their phone call tomorrow? We shall see.

If you have the view that ISIS is already at war with us, this is a common sense temporary move to protect our own citizenry.

If you view terrorism as a more nuanced problem, an unfortunate form of collateral damage from free global movement, then this might be disgraceful

Religious discrimination. How can that be acceptable to any American that believes in the constitution? Travel for Americans worldwide is also going to become even more risky as no doubt tensions will be heightened as real terrorist extremists will try and fight back.

If you get your jollies being part of a deeply unpopular nation that's growing less likable and diplomatic by the day, we're definitely on the right track.

Which one?

I thought it was very transparent that he signed every executive order in front of cameras and commented on most of them what they were about.

It's been a busy week. Friday was a good day. I hope folks in the UK liked the meeting today.

I hope President Trump does take a Sabbath rest this weekend. I could use some rest. He's a difficult fellow to keep up with.
Which one?

Fuck his day of rest.

White Christian America First.

Your Avatar, Linda Sarsour (organizer of the woman's march) had some nice things to say about the benefits of Sharia
IMG_1541-575x316.jpg

How does she feel about the rest of Sharia that would be completely antithetical to the Women's March?

Christians and Jews can pick what tenants they want to follow from their own faith. If she is doing the same with her faith then that's OK. Jews/Christians hard some crazy punishments in the Old Testament. Just wondering if she clarified, because Sharia in practice in 2016 is pretty heavy stuff.

It wasn't just White Christians who bled in San Bernardino. A tightening of Visa controls could have stopped that attack by tracking the female shooter. Granted Saudi Arabia and Pakistan aren't on the list of countries. It is not a total Muslim stop order.

Trump views the current situation as a war against a conquest ideology that has infiltrated and perverted a religion. The intelligence chiefs, military generals, under Obama, have all warned that ISIS has stated they intend to embed themselves in the refugee stream. Has already happened in European attacks. He said he was going to do this 13 months ago until we had more extreme vetting. Establishing a safe zone to do this. Can Putin and Trump work on this safe zone during their phone call tomorrow? We shall see.

If you have the view that ISIS is already at war with us, this is a common sense temporary move to protect our own citizenry.

If you view terrorism as a more nuanced problem, an unfortunate form of collateral damage from free global movement, then this might be disgraceful

The US invaded Iraq without justification.

We left without a proper solution.

This creates the ISIS problem.

We just told the people trying to flea the horrors of the problem we created to go fuck themselves.

How's that for nuance?

This sort of response will sign, seal and deliver thousands upon thousands of recruits for them - not for us.

9/11 hijackers - zero came from these countries.

Boston - not from these countries.

The attacks in San Bernardino and Orlando - American born.

I do have the view that we've been at war with radical Islam for long before 9/11. We just didn't know it yet. I can see the WTC from my window. You don't need to tell me about what's at stake here.

We sent people to their slaughter today, and created more enemies than we stopped.

This is not the answer. This is as un-American as it possibly gets.

I'm disgusted, ashamed and embarrassed for our nation.

2 from Somalia.

- St. Cloud, MN Mall Knife attacker (September 2016)

- Ohio State SUV-Knife Attacker
How many Americans were killed due to improper gun control last year? Religious discrimination is not the answer and is on every level wrong, unconstitutional and will only incite more extremeists. It's been shown through history to cause wars and extreme suffering.

Your Avatar, Linda Sarsour (organizer of the woman's march) had some nice things to say about the benefits of Sharia

IMG_1541-575x316.jpg

How does she feel about the rest of Sharia that would be completely antithetical to the Women's March?

Christians and Jews can pick what tenants they want to follow from their own faith. If she is doing the same with her faith then that's OK. Jews/Christians hard some crazy punishments in the Old Testament. Just wondering if she clarified, because Sharia in practice in 2016 is pretty heavy stuff.

It wasn't just White Christians who bled in San Bernardino. A tightening of Visa controls could have stopped that attack by tracking the female shooter. Granted Saudi Arabia and Pakistan aren't on the list of countries. It is not a total Muslim stop order.

I'm not terribly concerned about one day waking up under Sharia. This paranoia has to stop -- it's making people justify truly horrible behavior about an imaginary threat.

I'm much, much more frightened of, and under threat from, young white American men with no mental health care and easy access to powerful firearms.

2 from Somalia.

- St. Cloud, MN Mall Knife attacker (September 2016)

- Ohio State SUV-Knife Attacker

There's an elementary school in a beautiful Connecticut town that wishes it had been attacked by immigrants with knives rather than white boys with assault weapons. A white boy ripped up a bunch of first graders to bloody shreds with his mother's arsenal. What laws can Trump pass to prevent that form happening again?

Fight the real problem.

I'm much, much more frightened of, and under threat from, young white American men with no mental health care and easy access to powerful firearms.

TheFox said:
How many Americans were killed due to improper gun control last year?

Terrorism and the perversion of Islam by extremists is uncomfortable for you. Paris, Brussels, Istanbul, Berlin, Nice, Columbus, Orlando nope. . . Time to blame white people and guns.

Let's try to reason things out before we jump to White People and ARs

Terrorism and the perversion of Islam by extremists is uncomfortable for you. Paris, Brussels, Istanbul, Berlin, Nice, Columbus, Orlando nope. . . Time to blame white people and guns.

Let's try to reason things out before we jump to White People and ARs

What on earth are you talking about?

Try to use some reason when you attempt to make people like this into terrorist threats.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1485579354.388269.jpg

(Note that it's only refugees from countries this monster in the White House doesn't have business ties with).

Whichever way you look at it you can't get away from the brazen bigotry of "Christian refugees get priority others".

What on earth are you talking about?

Irvine511 said:
I'm not terribly concerned about one day waking up under Sharia. This paranoia has to stop -- it's making people justify truly horrible behavior about an imaginary threat.

You decided that Islamic terrorism is an overblown threat. It seems it is easier for you to pivot to white men with guns. You said it yourself.

No terrorism originates in Saudi Arabia, so it's good to see it on Trump's list of exemptions.

Would you rather him just tag every Muslim-majority country or is this a rhetorical point?

It's a future threat assessment made by an administration that seems to want follow the advice of the Intel community.

I was looking at some of my poetry books after watching Paterson and came across this Auden poem.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1485580396.047557.jpg
ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1485580413.806576.jpg
ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1485580428.963548.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

You decided that Islamic terrorism is an overblown threat. It seems it is easier for you to pivot to white men with guns. You said it yourself.

I said that white men with guns is a greater threat than Islamist terrorism. It's not a pivot.

I also said there is no danger of Sharia law taking over the US.

Additionally, banning refugees from Syria will do NOTHING to stop terror attacks anywhere. In fact, it's Grade A recruitment material for ISIS.

These are all objectively true.

Last edited:
It's a future threat assessment made by an administration that seems to want follow the advice of the Intel community.

No, it's not. He has business interests there.

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2017-trump-immigration-ban-conflict-of-interest/

Donald Trump’s immigration ban hits Muslim-majority countries (except those linked to his business) | The Independent

He managed to broadly ban a host of Muslim nations that have never been the origin point of any terrorist attacks on American soil, but kept the handful that have been at arm's length. Why? Oh, I don't know. He must know something we don't.

[TWEET]825141938747748352[/TWEET]

Pull your head out of the sand and acknowledge that this man does not have our best interests at heart. Not a bit. It takes an extreme level of naïveté to believe otherwise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom