Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump should never be "normalized."

Never.

I have strong disagreements with Bernie Sanders, specifically relating to his economic plans. I have strong social disagreements with most Republicans. But if Sanders was being inaugurated, or a Jeb! or Kasich, or even Ted Cruz... I wouldn't find them dangerous.

Trump is dangerous. His blatant and subtle racism has changed America already. His attacks on the press, and how he treats politicians who disagree with him, are downright frightening. His temperament? His thin skin? His fights with the intelligence community? His treatment of women? His sheer incompetence for the job? "Unpresidented."

And that doesn't even touch upon his connection with Moscow.

Normalize that? Never. Fuck him.

The only hope is that by 2020 he's so disgusted everyone that the country turns on him and all of the cowardly Republicans who went along for the ride even though deep down they knew it, too. And hopefully the few Republicans with a shred of a backbone left will be more willing to work together again. I have great hope in someone like Evan McMullin, who's kept up the Republican fight against "normalizing" this asshole. If he and his ilk end up as the future of the Republican party because of this? Then maybe some good will come out of the next 4 years.

As long as the democrats don't eat themselves alive with infighting in the meantime.

Last edited:
You want your quarterback to have actually played on the field to understand the game.
You didn't seriously write this did you?

Since you brought it up, Goldman Sachs practically drafted Obama's inner circle like a fantasy football team.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference.

When I can't defend I deflect.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Never.

this is very worrying indeed - pro-Brexit British politicians seem to be taking a leaf out of his PR book, calling people "snowflakes" and using hashtags "getalife"

https://twitter.com/michaelgove/status/821770347758419968

People "offended" by The Foreign Secretary's comments today are humourless, deliberately obtuse, snowflakes-it's a witty metaphor #getalife

please someone make it stop

I give less craps about someone working for Goldman being involved in government and more craps about the just horrifying people he has in key advisor roles.

The Goldman argument is just disgusting the terrible person argument. Not everyone who works for Goldman is an asshole bent on ruining the world.

Steve Bannon, however, is a terrible human being.

You want your quarterback to have actually played on the field to understand the game.

Mnuchin is succeeding Jack Lew who was COO of Citigroup from 2006 to 2008.

Since you brought it up, Goldman Sachs practically drafted Obama's inner circle like a fantasy football team.

View attachment 11053

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

But that whole Drainy Swampy thing. What about that?

We weren't the ones running on that, and you're the one who thinks, and has given as your primary reason for voting for him, that Trump is somehow going to utterly change the D.C. power game because he's an outsider businessman who won't conduct business as usual.

So, really, its on you to explain the contradiction between what you've said you want, what you're actually going to get, and how you think you're getting what you want even though it's the opposite of what you said you wanted.

Noooooo! I don't wanna dislike Kevin :sad:

Yep he is running and I think he is using trumps model as his starting point! This is really sad because now you've got people of similar characters in other parts of the world who probably saw that a guy like trump can win in the states so they think that they can probably win in other countries! Trump has unfortunately not only changed the USA but also changed the world for the worst! It's like, he can bully his way into power then surely I can too! Sad indeed! This is why I am afraid that Kevin has a chance on winning the party leadership! Trump has brought out all the bigots and racists out of the woodwork because it is now OK to be a bigot and racist thanks to trump!

Last edited:

Never.

I have strong disagreements with Bernie Sanders, specifically relating to his economic plans. I have strong social disagreements with most Republicans. But if Sanders was being inaugurated, or a Jeb! or Kasich, or even Ted Cruz... I wouldn't find them dangerous.

Trump is dangerous. His blatant and subtle racism has changed America already. His attacks on the press, and how he treats politicians who disagree with him, are downright frightening. His temperament? His thin skin? His fights with the intelligence community? His treatment of women? His sheer incompetence for the job? "Unpresidented."

And that doesn't even touch upon his connection with Moscow.

Normalize that? Never. Fuck him.

The only hope is that by 2020 he's so disgusted everyone that the country turns on him and all of the cowardly Republicans who went along for the ride even though deep down they knew it, too. And hopefully the few Republicans with a shred of a backbone left will be more willing to work together again. I have great hope in someone like Evan McMullin, who's kept up the Republican fight against "normalizing" this asshole. If he and his ilk end up as the future of the Republican party because of this? Then maybe some good will come out of the next 4 years.

As long as the democrats don't eat themselves alive with infighting in the meantime.
The minute we start normalizing this fucking moron is the minute this world is fucked! I will never ever see trump as a good human being. No matter what BS trump supporters try to spew to try to convince me otherwise! Trump is a fucking bigot, a racist, a sick purvert, a conman and a flat out moron! It's sad that trump supporters do not realize they got totally played! Trump even insulted his base by calling them uneducated yet they still love him! Never! Never must we normalize Trump!!!

Last edited:
The minute we start normalizing this fucking moron is the minute this world is fucked! I will never ever see trump as a good human being. No matter what BS trump supporters try to spew to try to convince me otherwise! Trump is a fucking bigot, a racist, a sick purvert, a conman and a flat out moron! It's sad that trump supporters do not realize they got totally played! Trump even insulted his base by calling them uneducated yet they still love him! Never! Never must we normalize Trump!!!

the worrying thing is we have extreme-right/far-right politicians in Europe who think he is amazing - it's horrible :crack:

LOL:

Donald Trump Tweets From Writing Desk at Mar-A-Lago

As tends to be the case with the president-elect’s social-media statements, there is much to discuss. First, there’s the fact that Trump seems to be drafting his first speech as POTUS with a … Sharpie. And second, perhaps more important, there’s the question of Trump’s desk, which, as Twitter user @missdewey points out, appears to be one usually occupied by an administrative or hospitality professional — a receptionist or concierge, maybe — in a public hall at Mar-a-Lago, and not in a private office.

What a joke.

The more I think about it, the more I conclude that the biggest winner here is Melania, who will stay in NYC and will get rid of the Donald at least M-F of every week. Must be like a dream come true.

If those tiles don't scream nouveau riche, I don't know what else does.

Anxiety kicks in tomorrow.

Hope some lawmakers stand up to him, and if he does do something illegal, he's out

before

he starts a world war

a friend of mine just told me that he walked by the Smithsonian African-American History Museum today. he saw 4 different groups of Trump supporters mocking the museum.

the deplorables are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom