Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched last week's SNL and thought it was hilarious, going into it knowing full well they are going to rip Trump. Baldwin is decent. I liked Hammond better. My point is that Ardent Progressives (not grouping every liberal together) are just on a rabid kamikaze mission to attack all things that aren't fully sanitized through the filter of Political Correctness as decreed through the High Council of Social Justice.

It's a crazy climate out there.

And my point was the left doesn't have the market cornered on getting offended over everything. The guy you voted for can't go a day without getting offended by somebody saying something that's even the slightest bit negative about him.

For the record, I haven't heard the Steve Harvey jokes in question, nor seen the "SNL" thing that got people upset, so I can't comment on the specifics of those. I personally probably wouldn't get as bothered by those-depending on what was said, I might cringe a little, or think the joke was a dumb one, but I'd leave it at that (and with "SNL", well, it's "SNL". Jokes about any and everyone are par for the course there). And Nicole Kidman's comments, well, she's entitled to that opinion, and suggesting there be peaceful transition of power doesn't automatically equate to supporting or liking Trump, so hopefully people upset with her about that keep that in mind. So you're not going to get any rants from me on that stuff.

But the bottom line is that people on both sides are capable of getting offended over any and everything in sight, and so long as the guy you voted for is going on daily Twitter rants attacking people who were "mean" to him/joked about him/mocked him, I don't think you really have much room to mock the left about getting offended by things.

Great now here in Canada a billionaire bussiness man called Kevin o'leary who also had his own reality show just decided to run as leader of the Conservative party! In an interview he did, if you read the words he said you would think it was trump talking! A carbon copy of trump! And he is an arrogant egotistical guy! I hope to God that us Canadians learn from the mistakes our neighbours down south made and not elect this guy! Although I have a feeling he will probably win the leadership and eventually become prime minister! Our very own Canadian trump! Lol we are all screwed!

It doesn't matter in here. But out in social-media land it looks ridiculous at how militant the attacks are on anybody that normalizes Trump or steps outside approved humor boundaries.

It's funny that you even think Trump needs to be normalized :lol:

Speaking of social media, today was interesting, a lot of my friends who are Trump supporters who are educators(I know oxymoron, but they exist) seem to be expressing a little bit of buyer's remorse.

Headwinds headwinds...

I haven't heard a peep about any of the things he mentioned, honestly.

Me neither.

Honestly the only thing I can think of when I think Nicole Kidman is what a bad plastic surgeon she's found.

Democrats Left in the Lurch

Very interesting read about historical changes and the future.

It's easy to be doom and gloom right now.

But here are the facts:

"It is estimated that 138.9 million Americans cast a ballot in 2016. 65.8 million of those ballots have been counted for Clinton and just under 63 million for Trump"

According to these numbers from Wikipedia, 76 million voted against Trump. So a White House win by the Dems should be easy if they find a young candidate to invest in.

The hard part will be two-sided: information and the success of the next two years.

Information: how do we get people to actually respect the facts?

Success: how will Trump and his cronies execute?

Both of these questions will determine the fate of the near future. The most immediate will be healthcare, if they destroy ACA without a plan how will all those Trump voters who depend on it react? Some of them are the ones that use it the most, will they actually hold Trump's feet to the fire or bury their heads in the sand?

I think the biggest obstacle is information. I don't know how one goes about making everyone respect facts when they've already made up their minds. We recently had a poster make a bold declaration trying to frame a certain narrative, and within 30 seconds it was declared false. This poster has showed back up since then but hasn't addressed that issue. So given history, they probably have ignored the facts and stuck with the narrative Breitbart was selling. If you have a sizeable population that feels that the earth is flat how do you teach them that the facts say otherwise?

It's easy to be doom and gloom right now.

But here are the facts:

"It is estimated that 138.9 million Americans cast a ballot in 2016. 65.8 million of those ballots have been counted for Clinton and just under 63 million for Trump"

According to these numbers from Wikipedia, 76 million voted against Trump. So a White House win by the Dems should be easy if they find a young candidate to invest in.

The hard part will be two-sided: information and the success of the next two years.

Information: how do we get people to actually respect the facts?

Success: how will Trump and his cronies execute?

Both of these questions will determine the fate of the near future. The most immediate will be healthcare, if they destroy ACA without a plan how will all those Trump voters who depend on it react? Some of them are the ones that use it the most, will they actually hold Trump's feet to the fire or bury their heads in the sand?

I think the biggest obstacle is information. I don't know how one goes about making everyone respect facts when they've already made up their minds. We recently had a poster make a bold declaration trying to frame a certain narrative, and within 30 seconds it was declared false. This poster has showed back up since then but hasn't addressed that issue. So given history, they probably have ignored the facts and stuck with the narrative Breitbart was selling. If you have a sizeable population that feels that the earth is flat how do you teach them that the facts say otherwise?

The geographical shifts every 4 years are accelerating it seems. Younger liberals are heading towards metro-suburban centers. Some of this nesting in enclaves is helpful to the expanding the Electoral Map . . . Raleigh, Atlanta, Denver. But if you are headed to Seattle and Portland it won't help, until the census kicks in giving those states more EVs and drawing down from slower growing states like Ohio and Iowa.

The youthful surge to the BosWash, sunbelt, west coast, and front range has now left the middle of the country from Philly to Denver (with the exception of Chicago) a GOP electoral playground. It may take until the 2030 Census to fully reset.

Of course much of this is contingent on the Trump Presidency in action.

I'm impressed by your recall of my post lexicon.

Speaking of recall. The number of business regulations Trump will throw into the wood chipper on day one will result in our best job numbers through the first 2Q of 2017 than at anytime in the past 9 years.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh, yah...

and how many with what kind of work place safety standards? :eyebrow:

Betsy DeVos is an absolute shit show.

But I guess if you want to create more Trump voters you start with destroying education. Very sad!

Oh, they starting doing that quite a ways back when they took away Civics class.

And W's friend Texas Schoolbook Publisher with rewritten American History Textbooks among other things.

The geographical shifts every 4 years are accelerating it seems. Younger liberals are heading towards metro-suburban centers. Some of this nesting in enclaves is helpful to the expanding the Electoral Map . . . Raleigh, Atlanta, Denver. But if you are headed to Seattle and Portland it won't help, until the census kicks in giving those states more EVs and drawing down from slower growing states like Ohio and Iowa.

The youthful surge to the BosWash, sunbelt, west coast, and front range has now left the middle of the country from Philly to Denver (with the exception of Chicago) a GOP electoral playground. It may take until the 2030 Census to fully reset.

Of course much of this is contingent on the Trump Presidency in action.

Let's not forget, if we're speaking electoral map, a lot of Trump's demographic is dying. :shrug:

You have absolutely no headwinds when it comes to the White House unless somehow Trump pulls off a miracle, but a con and a miracle are two entirely different things. One requires some skill/ and or luck, the other just an uninformed group of people.

Let's not forget, if we're speaking electoral map, a lot of Trump's demographic is dying. :shrug:

You have absolutely no headwinds when it comes to the White House unless somehow Trump pulls off a miracle, but a con and a miracle are two entirely different things. One requires some skill/ and or luck, the other just an uninformed group of people.

Underestimate Trump at your own risk. I know you knock the 'Drain the Swamp' narrative on the cabinet. The swamp is the "inside-the-beltway" people that know how to play the game. His cabinet is mostly outsider. A split between business, government, and military. Chao is the only one who has that swampy insider slither to her as she served in Bush's cabinet.

VP shoulda told your daughter to wear a fringed jacket! Preferably with a either an 'Merican flag or a Texas Lonestar flag.

Joking!

Def have to report back to us next week!

As for DeVoss... Gah!
One person commentated that her ideal would be for schools either to be Chartered , or Religious.

:hmm: Would she allow Moderate Islamic schools, Jewish & Catholic schools, too?
She's a right-wing Christian (shudders).

Oh, and since she took over as Michigan's Education person Michigan's State standing in educational matters has gone from the middle to lower levels.

Great going, DeVoss!

Last edited:
Not OSHA regulations. Burdensome paperwork and reporting to the Feds. Makes it a pain in the ass to get a small business off the ground and make it worth attempting. Entrepreneurship has been smothered like a wet blanket.

So are you wanting to remove OSHA? If so, do you know OSHA, because I work with this on a daily basis.

Underestimate Trump at your own risk. I know you knock the 'Drain the Swamp' narrative on the cabinet. The swamp is the "inside-the-beltway" people that know how to play the game. His cabinet is mostly outsider. A split between business, government, and military. Chao is the only one who has that swampy insider slither to her as she served in Bush's cabinet.

You're just replacing one swamp with another. If you don't see the personal agendas he has in his cabinet then you're being purposely obtuse.

Not OSHA regulations. Burdensome paperwork and reporting to the Feds. Makes it a pain in the ass to get a small business off the ground and make it worth attempting. Entrepreneurship has been smothered like a wet blanket.

The biggest detriment to entrepreneurship is having to worry about the cost of health care.

Nothing would spur entrepreneurship more than a single payer system.

So are you wanting to remove OSHA? If so, do you know OSHA, because I work with this on a daily basis.

No, not what I meant. It was in response to dazzledbylight.

Speaking of OSHA if the boss doesn't repair this door at work, I'm going to threaten to call them.

Great now here in Canada a billionaire bussiness man called Kevin o'leary who also had his own reality show just decided to run as leader of the Conservative party! In an interview he did, if you read the words he said you would think it was trump talking! A carbon copy of trump! And he is an arrogant egotistical guy! I hope to God that us Canadians learn from the mistakes our neighbours down south made and not elect this guy! Although I have a feeling he will probably win the leadership and eventually become prime minister! Our very own Canadian trump! Lol we are all screwed!
Noooooo! I don't wanna dislike Kevin :sad:

Outsiders, like a handful of Goldman Sachs execs that were evil bankers screwing over the working class when Clinton talked to them, but are a-okay if they're actually in the administration forming policy.

Outsiders, like a handful of Goldman Sachs execs that were evil bankers screwing over the working class when Clinton talked to them, but are a-okay if they're actually in the administration forming policy.

You want your quarterback to have actually played on the field to understand the game.

Mnuchin is succeeding Jack Lew who was COO of Citigroup from 2006 to 2008.

Since you brought it up, Goldman Sachs practically drafted Obama's inner circle like a fantasy football team.

ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1484806441.083021.jpg

Oh look, the opportunity to ignore Trump in favor of pointing out something Obama did. It's a formula Dennis, but it bloody well works.

I just beg everyone that enjoys the written word to not copy Trump by talking or writing like him. The title of this thread. Tweets mocking him. Everyone that ends sentences with "sad" or "loser" to mock him just makes us more like him.

See it's funny when we all do Borat for the 6 months that the movie came out in window... then there's that one unfunny guy at work that does the Borat impression like a year later and you know it's over. That's how I feel about mocking Trump in any way.

I was bored with Trump impressions on SNL and other places 5 years ago... it's the easiest impression to do that's how dumb he is. If we all can do it, then now of us should.

I'm for calling him out, making fun of him, standing up... but I'm just saying please don't accidentally become him by ending things like he does. Or talking like him. He makes fun of SNL, but he thrives over the attention.

He only has 100 words. We have more. Let's use them. Good! Happy! Fuck! Yes!

Sad!

PS: Borat is still funny

My Canadian liberal daughter is on her way to San Antonio for an academic conference in her liberal field this weekend. I told her that hopefully urban San Antonio is a liberal enclave, and to not wander out of the area, but if she does, to buy a gun and repeat "make America great!" so that she will blend in. I was only partly joking.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using U2 Interference mobile app

At least she won't be in Wyoming. Oh the grizzlies...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom