Trump General Discussion IV: Unpresidented! Very sad!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Trump himself. He's made it crystal clear that his intention is to use the presidency to make a profit for himself and his family. He's in office to first and foremost further his own bottom line.

It's pretty hilarious that you're still going on about the Clinton Foundation and questionable charity activities and haven't had even a single word of concern regarding the Trump Foundation.

I haven't said a single word about it because it's a matter of proportionality.

If the IRS pursues Trump on the usage of his Foundation's funds the most scandalous outcomes would be fines and tax penalties.

The most scandalous outcomes from the Clinton Foundation would be jail time for persons on charges of bribery, racketeering, pay for play.

That's a wide gap in impropriety.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

If the IRS pursues Trump on the usage of his Foundation's funds the most scandalous outcomes would be fines and tax penalties.

The most scandalous outcomes from the Clinton Foundation would be jail time for persons on charges of bribery, racketeering, pay for play.

Except, ya know, there's nothing there, or they would have done something already.

Google translation:

I choose to ignore the agenda behind any investigation. I haven't lowered the bar for King Trump, I threw it out.

Maybe you should also have a look at it from a probability perspective instead of just proportionality.

Clinton has been accused of just about anything you could think of, so it's no wonder that based on claims lacking any evidence she would outdo anyone on the globe as potentially the most evil wrongdoer around.
Hell, some people still seem to believe she is part of a pedophile ring.
If only 5% of the claims stick she will be in jail for the rest of her life.

If only 5% of the claims stick she will be in jail for the rest of her life.

350.png

A Montana lawmaker tapped by President-elect Donald Trump to be secretary of the interior committed travel fraud when he was a member of the elite Navy SEAL Team 6, according to three former unit leaders and a military consultant.
In announcing the nomination of Republican Rep. Ryan Zinke, a retired Navy SEAL commander, Trump praised his military background. “As a former Navy SEAL, he has incredible leadership skills and an attitude of doing whatever it takes to win,” Trump said last week.
But when Zinke was a mid-career officer at SEAL Team 6, he was caught traveling multiple times to Montana in 1998 and 1999 to renovate his home. Zinke claimed that the travel was for official duties, according to the sources.
He submitted travel vouchers and was compensated for the travel costs.
Two SEAL officers investigated Zinke’s records and discovered a yearslong “pattern of travel fraud,” according to two of the sources.

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/20...as-caught-in-pattern-of-fraud-at-seal-team-6/

Mild but still notable.

Last edited:
The new Washington Post-ABC News poll finds that only 40 percent of Americans view Trump favorably, versus 54 percent who view him unfavorably. Those numbers are identical (40-54) on the question of whether Americans approve of how he’s handled the transition so far. Only 44 percent say Trump is qualified to serve as president.

Meanwhile, the new CNN poll finds that only 40 percent approve of how Trump is handling his transition. And 53 percent say Trump’s statements and actions make them less confident in his ability to serve as president.

Americans oppose building a wall on the Mexican border by 60-37.

Only a matter of time before he's in Dick Cheney territory. And every single Republican up for re-election knows it.

As a matter of comparison:

C2YEAYiW8AEiv72.jpg:small

Trump starts with approval ratings that W Bush had post-Hurricane Katrina. It would be funny were it not so tragic.

Last edited:
headwinds guys, headwinds...

I'm impressed by your recall of my post lexicon.

Speaking of recall. The number of business regulations Trump will throw into the wood chipper on day one will result in our best job numbers through the first 2Q of 2017 than at anytime in the past 9 years.

Speaking of recall. The number of business regulations Trump will throw into the wood chipper on day one will result in our best job numbers through the first 2Q of 2017 than at anytime in the past 9 years.

i've been thinking the air has been a little too smog-free lately. America was great when it had more smog.

I'm impressed by your recall of my post lexicon.

Can you tell me which regulations you are talking about ? Work safety , pollution, overtime payment, food safety ?

What is the normal duration for FBI investigations into claims made against multi-million dollars, globally operating non-governmental organisations?

Pity, I'd hoped to learn more about what constitutes a normal duration for a federal investigation into an NGO's conduct.

Pity, I'd hoped to learn more about what constitutes a normal duration for a federal investigation into an NGO's conduct.
For now only questions can be replied to when the reply can include "yes ... but ... Hillary!!!!"

Perhaps try again in 6 months.

So Trump has dismissed Paul Ryan's tax plan as "too complicated".

The problem is that this proposed "border adjustment" is the linchpin to the entire Republican plan - without it they can't lower the corporate tax rate or tax rates on the wealthy's, nevermind paying for the Mexican wall, unless they are willing to run enormous deficits which I thought were antithetical to conservative balanced budgets. I just hope that Trump's supporters keep egging him on, after all, who the hell is Paul Ryan to tell the Dear Leader what he can and can't do?

So Trump has dismissed Paul Ryan's tax plan as "too complicated".

The problem is that this proposed "border adjustment" is the linchpin to the entire Republican plan - without it they can't lower the corporate tax rate or tax rates on the wealthy's, nevermind paying for the Mexican wall, unless they are willing to run enormous deficits which I thought were antithetical to conservative balanced budgets. I just hope that Trump's supporters keep egging him on, after all, who the hell is Paul Ryan to tell the Dear Leader what he can and can't do?

it's almost as if trump doesn't know what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom